Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McNabb is a RACIST.. and here is proof.
Eagles Forum > Off Topic Forums > Pissing in the Wind
Buddysballs
McNabb: No words with T.O. yet, but still hopeful
Donovan McNabb and Terrell Owens have seen each other but have not spoken, the Eagles quarterback recently told the Raleigh (N.C.) News & Observer.

"We've seen each other at different occasions but never spoke," McNabb told the newspaper at an April 7 celebrity golf tournament; his comments were published yesterday. "I'm going to speak. That's just me, I'm going to speak to whomever. You don't have to like me, just respect what I do. I respect what you do.

"I'm not asking you to come over to the house and hang around the family and play with my kids. Just speak. We're African-Americans, we don't need to have this separation. But you've got to let people be people. Got to let them do what they do."

McNabb essentially described Owens as a cancer in the locker room.

"You've got [other] guys [in the NFL] who are somewhat cancerous, but they don't come out publicly," McNabb said. "It can rip a team apart."

McNabb said he thinks Owens can be successful in Dallas if Cowboys coach Bill Parcells handles him the right way.

----

Now he said above that they need to speak because they are both African-Americans.. THIS IS THE 2ND TIME he basically said that it's not right for 2 people to argue just because they are both black.

So if he believes that.. what if Owens was white? Then it would be okay not to speak? But because he's black.. its not okay?

This is racist mentality.. pure and simple. You all can spin this anyway you want.. but he's a racist. Think about this...

He also was po'd to be compared to farve beacuse he was WHITE.. and said it wouldn't have been as bad to be compared to culpepper, etc.

Now.. just imagine this PLEASE.. lets take what mcnabb the racist has said and use it from lets say Peyton Manning. And tell me he wouldnt be chased out of the league for :

1. Peyton Manning comes out and says he is offended to be compared to McNabb.. and says that if he was compared to Tom Brady or another white QB then it would be better.

2. Peyton Manning comes out and says that he's mad that his coach is yelling at him.. and says that basically this is white on white crime and they need to stick together because they are both white.

3. Peyton Manning comes out and says that he's tired of his argument with his kicker vanderjack and that he feels they both should be friends because they are both WHITE.

If payton did 1,2,3 like McNabb did.. the league and media would run him out of the league as a racist.. but guess what.. Peyton wouldn't do it.. because he's not a racist. But Mcnabb did do.. and he is. Root for your racist if you want.. but im not.. it makes me SICK>
HobbEs
Yeah....whatever. The sooner this post is nuked the better....
Buddysballs
QUOTE(HobbEs @ Apr 18 2006, 12:07 PM) [snapback]69639[/snapback]

Why ignore this topic? You know what he has said is a racist mentality.. and if it was said by a white QB then it would be front page news. Eagles fans are supposed to be smart fans.. not blind ones.
D Rock
QUOTE(Buddysballs @ Apr 18 2006, 05:19 PM) [snapback]69640[/snapback]

QUOTE(HobbEs @ Apr 18 2006, 12:07 PM) [snapback]69639[/snapback]

Why ignore this topic? You know what he has said is a racist mentality.. and if it was said by a white QB then it would be front page news. Eagles fans are supposed to be smart fans.. not blind ones.

While I find it odd that anyone would use buddy ryan's genitals as a moniker on a message board, I can't disagree with his theory.

Candi
I can't believe I'm replying to this, because you're obviously trying to bait people into arguing with you, but what racist comment did McNabb say ? Also, didn't you call McNabb an Uncle Tom on the other site ?
Buddysballs
QUOTE(Candi @ Apr 18 2006, 01:27 PM) [snapback]69643[/snapback]

I can't believe I'm replying to this, because you're obviously trying to bait people into arguing with you, but what racist comment did McNabb say ? Also, didn't you call McNabb an Uncle Tom on the other site ?

Avoid this topic if you want, try to change the subject if you need to... whatever. You obviously didn't read what I typed above or you wouldn't be asking what he said that was racist. I'm not going to sit here and retype everything that is only a few lines above this. But in short.. I presented evidence that I feel shows that McNabb has a racist mentality.. and if any white QB said the things he said.. it would be all over the news. But McNabb gets a free pass from the media and also from fans who refuse to look at it.. such as yourself.
Candi
And you must not know the meaning of the word racism, or not understand that black people for a long time, were seriously segregated from white people. I ask again, you called him a Racist, what hateful word or phrase did he say about someone of another race ?
JaxEagle
QUOTE(Buddysballs @ Apr 18 2006, 12:43 PM) [snapback]69638[/snapback]

McNabb: No words with T.O. yet, but still hopeful
Donovan McNabb and Terrell Owens have seen each other but have not spoken, the Eagles quarterback recently told the Raleigh (N.C.) News & Observer.

"We've seen each other at different occasions but never spoke," McNabb told the newspaper at an April 7 celebrity golf tournament; his comments were published yesterday. "I'm going to speak. That's just me, I'm going to speak to whomever. You don't have to like me, just respect what I do. I respect what you do.

"I'm not asking you to come over to the house and hang around the family and play with my kids. Just speak. We're African-Americans, we don't need to have this separation. But you've got to let people be people. Got to let them do what they do."

McNabb essentially described Owens as a cancer in the locker room.

"You've got [other] guys [in the NFL] who are somewhat cancerous, but they don't come out publicly," McNabb said. "It can rip a team apart."

McNabb said he thinks Owens can be successful in Dallas if Cowboys coach Bill Parcells handles him the right way.

----

Now he said above that they need to speak because they are both African-Americans.. THIS IS THE 2ND TIME he basically said that it's not right for 2 people to argue just because they are both black.

So if he believes that.. what if Owens was white? Then it would be okay not to speak? But because he's black.. its not okay?

This is racist mentality.. pure and simple. You all can spin this anyway you want.. but he's a racist. Think about this...

He also was po'd to be compared to farve beacuse he was WHITE.. and said it wouldn't have been as bad to be compared to culpepper, etc.

Now.. just imagine this PLEASE.. lets take what mcnabb the racist has said and use it from lets say Peyton Manning. And tell me he wouldnt be chased out of the league for :

1. Peyton Manning comes out and says he is offended to be compared to McNabb.. and says that if he was compared to Tom Brady or another white QB then it would be better.

2. Peyton Manning comes out and says that he's mad that his coach is yelling at him.. and says that basically this is white on white crime and they need to stick together because they are both white.

3. Peyton Manning comes out and says that he's tired of his argument with his kicker vanderjack and that he feels they both should be friends because they are both WHITE.

If payton did 1,2,3 like McNabb did.. the league and media would run him out of the league as a racist.. but guess what.. Peyton wouldn't do it.. because he's not a racist. But Mcnabb did do.. and he is. Root for your racist if you want.. but im not.. it makes me SICK>

dude, you have a lot of time on your hands... i read about two paragraphs of your post and couldn't force myself to read anymore of this Kornheiser and Wilbon shit... whatever... we mostly talk football here and don't pussy around with the bullshit...
Buddysballs
QUOTE(Candi @ Apr 18 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]69645[/snapback]

And you must not know the meaning of the word racism, or not understand that black people for a long time, were seriously segregated from white people. I ask again, you called him a Racist, what hateful word or phrase did he say about someone of another race ?

Well.. to start.. he feels its wrong to compare him to a white man but its okay to compare him to a black man. What kind of mentality is that?

Again.. if Peyton Manning came out and said "Dont compare me to McNabb or Culpepper.. but if you compare me to Tom Brady or AJ Feeley then it's okay" .. how do you think the media and fans would label Manning?

They would label him correctly.. as a racist. And so should McNabb be as classified.

There is no room nor need for this type of mentality in today's NFL. In fact, in recent times.. McNabb is the only player I know of to use this race card. Maybe you don't mind it.. hell.. try it in your own workplace and see how far it gets you. Speak up and tell people not to compare yourself to other races.. tell them that you only want to be compared to people of your own race when presented with performance reviews or personal arguments.
Candi
Call me what what you want, but I have a label for you : RETARD
HobbEs
Funny...I never heard him complain when he was compared to Steve Young.
Wingspan
this thread is stupid.

#1...he didnt use the term "black" in the article you ripped off...and while he may have in the past, everyone is allowed to say something stupid once in a while. he referred to himself and another player as african americans in your example here.

#2...there is no "white" man. black=african american. white = irish, italian, english, swedish, russian, australian...etc...etc...

#3...i can very easily refer to myself as an irish italian american. and i can find a kinship in other irish italian americans...we share tradions, and heritage. for me to immediately relate to other irish-italian's, or for someone who is jewish to immediately relate to another jewish man or woman for no other reason other than they are also jewish, is perfectly acceptible. however, when said irish italian refuses to have anything to do with a jewish man, for no other reason than because they are jewish, that is racism.

#4...based on #1 and #2, there is nothing remotely racist about what mcnabb said, except for what you, mr balls along with other bloodthirsty internet media, have decided to imply.

oh...and mcnabb wasnt pissed being compared to favre because he is white, he could just as easily been pissed because of TO's reference to favre earlier (who also said he would also prefer Pennington, or Manning, both WHITE...hmmm...maybe owen's has more to do with this than you would like to think)....or it could have been just as easily been because favre sucks.

but culpepper came from a similar sized school, and they were drafted in the same round of the same draft. there are no other 1st round QBs left from 1999...so wanted to be compared to culpepper is a pretty fair comparison.

to make a long story short...mr balls...shut up
Donnie Mac
Minorities are always in need to keep together because they'll have nothing if divided.
Frankly BB, you seem to be a little too concerned about "black power." You have something to lose if the current setup is toppled?

And no I'm going to lockup or delete this thread (though it could get moved off the football board).
Freedom of speech works both ways, you can say something to agitate, just be prepare to defend yourself when others disagree.

Zero
Balls, you're a shit-stirring idiot... pure and simple.
xsv
is this Dopey's Ghost?

Get the fuck outta here with this shit.
AustinFan
This guy is such an asshole they want to ban him from the asshole anonymous site - and when you consider the general level of discourse on that site, that says it all, don't it!
md717
This guy is such an asshole they want to ban him from the asshole anonymous site - and when you consider the general level of discourse on that site, that says it all, don't it!

Doesn't that actually speak in his favor?

hehehe
Neighborhood Bully
Doesn't that actually speak in his favor?

Possibly, yes.

But in this case, no.

This guy's a tool.
Aquila
Only reason this is still in Football is I can't decide whether to dump it in G&G or abandon it in Pissing. Any preferences?
Wingspan
pissing
Aquila
Your wish is my command.

I assume the cheque is in the post?
md717
Couple of thoughts, now that it's in this forum . . .

First of all, this happens every year. After FA starts winding down and before the draft, there just ain't much to talk about. So the die-hards like us (yes you, if you're reading this thread you are officially a DIE HARD!) focus in on other stuff to alleviate the boredom and the yearning for real football news/action. So don't be alarmed, it just is.

Second, I think that considering things said by our franchise QB is legitimate.

Third, apparently BB is an asshole and has established himself as such elsewhere. I'll have to take others' (whose opinions I trust) word for that.

Fourth, I think that BB raises at least one point that is valid -- there really seems to be a double standard between things that a person of one color can say vs. things that a person of another color can say, with regard to the reaction thereto. I'll feel more confident that we've eliminated racism from our society when no such double-standard exists.
Pila
Not a double standard, merely a different one. Not unlike gender differential, actually.

Obviously it's no secret to you that when African Americans were finally afforded the same legal rights enjoyed by the rest of its citizens, they started at a severe disadvantage in every facet that drives success and position in society. African Americans that succeed despite these disadvantages often see the inability of blacks to mobilize in unity as a political body as the race's greatest hindrance in obtaining a fair political and economical hold in society that is proportioned to its demographical make up. As such, we sometimes take special exception to seemingly silly feuds between blacks that should be enbracing the kind of kindship we see in other races and nationalities that often, despite smaller numbers, have more political and economical clout than we do, rather than attacking eachother seemingly out of jealousy. We see that unconstructive attitude as a crime to the race's struggles to achieve equality... - or, as Nabby said, black-on-black crime.

It's not the same thing if a white QB would have said it because this particular is not a white complex - that's why there's no racist tones to what Nabby said, while if it had been a white QB, there would be.
md717
Well stated -- but crap. cool.gif

What happened to Dr. King's vision of his children being judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character? Apparently that was in fact a "dream" in all senses of the word, if his racial progeny don't share his vision.

As for political unity and homogeny -- blacks vote as a block probably more consistently than any other demographic group.

I'm not going to go on record calling Mc5 a racist. I throw that term around VERY sparingly, if ever. I don't know his heart. I will however say that his words are ill-considered and unwise, and he'd do better keeping sentiments like those to himself, for which he was erstwhile famous.

The point I was trying to make is that I'll feel as if we're closer to our ultimate goal at such point as it is equally unacceptable for people of any color to make racial comments with regard to who should be compared to whom.
Pila
We can be different without being inequal. Yes, in an ideal world, we could shed all concept of race, nationality, regionalism, tribal identity and religion and unite as one with one single goal - to serve the betterment of the collective, like the cyborg. While noble in concept, much like John Lennon, Dr. King was a dreamer. As territorial mammals our instincts is to segregate into groups. Naturally, we tend to group on account of shared similarities, race being only one of them, but an undeniable one. As a meliorist, I believe that we will achieve equality by enbracing our differences, not by denying them.

I think it fallacious to deny that it's different for a black individual to refer to race in the context that McNabb did versus a white individual, if for no other reason than perspective.

Crap yo momma.
nephillymike
I will not go as far as buddy did in this but I'm, once again, very disappointed in what he said.

This is America 2006.

He is a top player in the most popular sport in the US.

He, of all people, given the shit he's had to endure with the hate thrown at him when he moved in Illinois, should all too well know to avoid hurtful comments.

I'm 41 yrs old and white for those who may not know me, if it should mean anything to this thread or how my comments should be interpreted.

This is a recurring theme for McNabb and his father. First Sam, now McNabb three times. One time by the Dad, OK. But now his son follows it up three times?? WTF is this?

We understand that Owens McNabb feud was seen by his Dad as worse because it was black on black crime.

Then his son says something similar months later.

Then we hear 5 say he was offended in TO's comparision to Favre because he compared him to a white QB and that comparison to Culpepper would have been acceptable. OK.

Now we're back to the black on black thing again.

This is inexcusable. Yeah, we've grown to accept double standards in this country, but this is what I hear when I read these comments:

1. It is more of a problem because the two men are black. How long ago did this country think that white on black crime was more acceptable than white on white crime. This is equally as wrong from the standpoint that any color shouldn't matter. Agreed ahead of time that the crimes were of different magnitude.

2. Bringing Favre into it was wrong because he is white. Gee Donovan, I thought you wanted to get rid of the "black QB" tag? Why don't you start by getting rid of the "white QB" tag.

Bullshit comments by my star QB.

If he was a white TV commentator, he'd be out on his ass so damn fast his head would be spinning.

I've lost a lot of respect for him as a man, and for his family who I'd held in high regard.

He owes fans an apology for his hurtful comments.
md717
Nice, Pila. In a lot of ways I couldn't agree more. Eloquent, in lots of ways.

I like the "different but equal" tact. I totally agree. If we were alike in every way, what the hell would I need you for? It'd be a lonely world if we were all alike in every way. Then there'd be noone with whom I could experience the joy of correcting their misconceptions. cool.gif

I agree too about the natural tendency to form clans, groups, "us vs. them" to some degree, etc.

But correct me if I'm wrong, it sounds to me as if it's OK for blacks to prefer "their own" or think differently about those who share their melatonin level, while it isn't OK for whites to think that way? Perhaps I misunderstood.

To me, I'd prefer that McNabb talk about what an asshole TO is, while completely leaving color out of the equation. You see, to me -- TO's assholedness transcends skin color. That boy is an asshole in any color. Yellow? Yup, still an asshole. Blue? Yup, asshole. You get my point.

So maybe you can understand my discomfort with some of Nabby's statements. I'd prefer he didn't talk that way. Then again, he doesn't call me for his weekly talking points. That's why I guess I didn't start a thread on the topic. cool.gif
Pila
Calling it "black-on-black" crime was over the top and unnecessary. But as I have explained, there's a special exception to blacks in relative prominent positions to be attacked by other black because they feel it as a betrayal to those who often feel, as successful individuals, the burden of carrying the race's struggles for equality. It is this particular perspective that makes it different coming from McNabb as opposed to Pennington or Brady. That doesn't make it a double standard, it merely makes it different.
nephillymike
Would that be the struggle for equality in the minority dominated NFL?

I know what you're saying Pila, but in the team sport that is the NFL, in the year 2006, I don't think his comments hold water in that regard.
Pila
QUOTE(md717 @ Apr 19 2006, 02:13 AM) [snapback]69705[/snapback]

Nice, Pila. In a lot of ways I couldn't agree more. Eloquent, in lots of ways.

I like the "different but equal" tact. I totally agree. If we were alike in every way, what the hell would I need you for? It'd be a lonely world if we were all alike in every way. Then there'd be noone with whom I could experience the joy of correcting their misconceptions. cool.gif

I agree too about the natural tendency to form clans, groups, "us vs. them" to some degree, etc.

But correct me if I'm wrong, it sounds to me as if it's OK for blacks to prefer "their own" or think differently about those who share their melatonin level, while it isn't OK for whites to think that way? Perhaps I misunderstood.

To me, I'd prefer that McNabb talk about what an asshole TO is, while completely leaving color out of the equation. You see, to me -- TO's assholedness transcends skin color. That boy is an asshole in any color. Yellow? Yup, still an asshole. Blue? Yup, asshole. You get my point.

So maybe you can understand my discomfort with some of Nabby's statements. I'd prefer he didn't talk that way. Then again, he doesn't call me for his weekly talking points. That's why I guess I didn't start a thread on the topic. cool.gif
I'd prefer if it were unnecessary to pull for blacks for the race's sake. Being black, but raised by Portuguese white parents, I didn't have to overcome the vicious, conditioning cycle of poverty most blacks are faced with worldwide. So, naturally, I've been of similar opinion to yours most of my adulthood. Coincidently, it was my white parents who told me it wasn't as simple and clear as I'd often state when condemning the attitude of my fellow African brothers in Portugal (my adoptive parents aren't guilty-inflicted liberals, in case you're wondering. My adoptive parents owned a trading post deep in the Angolan jungle, near its north-eastern border. There, he was adopted by a tribe called Os Muxibuetos. He was family, as was Os Muxibuetos to him. When the Portuguese abandoned Angola, he was forced to flee East through the Zambezi river into Zambia, where, ironically, he hired a Brit with a puddle hopper to fly him back to Luanda where my mother and brother waited. Coincidently, they took refuge at a curch (which still stands today) in Luanda that also served as an orphanage for hundreds of children who lost their parents to the civil war between the MPLA and FNLA that insued as soon as Portugal declared its withdrawal. Among them, was I - a Muxibueto). It wasn't until I went to Angola with a group of friends (of which, one is on my avatar, an Angolan kid living in Lisbon, brought here because he's an exceptional soccer talent, who'll be showcasing his talents in Germany this summer for Angola) and to Rio last winter that I began to understand the concept. Not to compare the obvious differences between growing up in poverty in Luanda or Rio as opposed to Chicago or Newark, because I did most of my growing up in port Elizabeth, NJ, so I'm aware of the differences. But the perspective to race is the same.

QUOTE(nephillymike @ Apr 19 2006, 02:27 AM) [snapback]69710[/snapback]

Would that be the struggle for equality in the minority dominated NFL?

I know what you're saying Pila, but in the team sport that is the NFL, in the year 2006, I don't think his comments hold water in that regard.
I don't think the context of his statements, though football related by association, was really about football.
md717
Pila, if you would be so kind . . . I'd love to hear the expando version of that story if and when you have the time.

The trailer was enough to get me to buy tickets . . .
Pila
QUOTE(md717 @ Apr 19 2006, 03:15 AM) [snapback]69718[/snapback]

Pila, if you would be so kind . . . I'd love to hear the expando version of that story if and when you have the time.

The trailer was enough to get me to buy tickets . . .
"Os Muxibuetos" loosely translated "The Move-a-lots". It's name sake is descriptive of the frentic movements in our dances. When I was younger, my father would often show me some of the dances. Unfortunately, now that I'm more interested in exploring my roots, he's too old to pull off most of the moves.

Oh, I should mention that Os Muxibuetos is all but extinct.
md717
Seriously -- I could use the history lesson on parts of the world I don't think about very often. Indulge yourself . . . I'm listening.
4lex
lol =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.