Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will Foles start the season with the Eagles?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
One
Just a simple yes or no answer. Go on record with a vote and leave a response to look back on. No "if's" or "maybes", no explanation needed, just yes or no.

I vote no.
Joegrane
The only way I see him back here is if CW has a major setback before the draft. Otherwise, Nick will want the opportunity to start and will want the extra $10mil. The Eagles need cap space and could use the extra 2nd day pick.

The availability of a rare number of capable FA QBs plus the quality of QBs in the 1st round of the draft will reduce the compensation for Foles.

Maybe teams noticed that 3 of 4 teams in the conference finals did not have above average QBs. They had above average defenses and so will value the QB position less.

QUOTE (One @ Mar 5 2018, 08:08 AM) *
Just a simple yes or no answer. Go on record with a vote and leave a response to look back on. No "if's" or "maybes", no explanation needed, just yes or no.

I vote no.

eagle60
I'll go against the grain here and vote that Nick starts the season. Doug and Howie have said that they aren't going to take any chances with Carson which translates to me that the short recovery time that he has until the start of the season won't be long enough. They were very careful with Darby and Jones too.
Eyrie
QUOTE (eagle60 @ Mar 5 2018, 04:51 PM) *
I'll go against the grain here and vote that Nick starts the season. Doug and Howie have said that they aren't going to take any chances with Carson which translates to me that the short recovery time that he has until the start of the season won't be long enough. They were very careful with Darby and Jones too.

Level of agreement 100%.

Even allowing for cap casualties we have a reasonable chance of repeating, but that requires getting off to a good start and having cover at QB.

Cap issues and increasing reliance on rookies will reduce our chances after 2018.
nephillymike
I voted yes.

Two reasons:

There won't be any offers than knock us off our feet (example a 1st plus another day two pick)

They know how valuable the home field advantage was to our success and they know how foolish it would be to go 6 games without Carson or Foles and try to repeat what we had.

Joegrane
That brings up a good topic for another day: Does J Lurie now want to repeat, but then have to rebuild as a mediocre team, or does he want to protect the core so the team can just be a solid playoff contender, not SB contender, for a long time?

If it is the latter, you trade Nick for a pick and roll the dice with CW and a young backup.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Mar 5 2018, 07:48 PM) *
I voted yes.

Two reasons:

There won't be any offers than knock us off our feet (example a 1st plus another day two pick)

They know how valuable the home field advantage was to our success and they know how foolish it would be to go 6 games without Carson or Foles and try to repeat what we had.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.