Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who got what SB swag?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
So far I got two tees and a cap (which I gave to my 6 year old nephew since it did not fit my big fat head)

But I really love my wall plaque with a SB ticket in the middle and the autographs of the entire roster around it. Never want to forget who these guys were, and I realized that apart from the stars, remembering all of them would be easier with a nice visual aid.

Still looking for a jacket or hoodie, just not sure which of the many choices out there to pick just one (or two).

They recently added a tee that looks fun, it goes like this:

Clement
To Burton
To Foles
TD!

and then there is the 'Philly is for the Birds'

So who bought what so far?

Rick
Don't get me started. Sick of Fanatics being out of stock on just about EVERYTHING.

Finally have gotten a few things in:

-Short Sleeve Champion Shirt
-Long Sleeve Champion Shirt
-Champion Flag
-Champion Magnets
-Champion Hat

Still waiting for:

-Alex and Ani Champion Bracelet for the Wife
-Nick Foles SB LII Jersey
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 23 2018, 02:32 PM) *
So far I got two tees and a cap (which I gave to my 6 year old nephew since it did not fit my big fat head)

But I really love my wall plaque with a SB ticket in the middle and the autographs of the entire roster around it. Never want to forget who these guys were, and I realized that apart from the stars, remembering all of them would be easier with a nice visual aid.

Still looking for a jacket or hoodie, just not sure which of the many choices out there to pick just one (or two).

Clement
To Burton
To Foles
TD!

I went with the Locker Room Hat ($39.99) and the Locker Room T-Shirt ($31.99). That's it for me as far as apparel goes. Half of my wardrobe already is Eagles stuff. Besides that, I won't be wearing the hat or the shirt. They both go into the vault with my Philadelphia Daily News and Philadelphia Inquirer newspapers. I like the idea of a plaque also with the entire roster.

The hoodies look really nice, and go for $70 a pop. The Reversible Wool jackets are also very nice and go for $190 a pop.

Of course you could always splurge and go for the leather jacket for a mere $2,999.99

Leather Coat
eagle60
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Feb 23 2018, 03:33 PM) *
I went with the Locker Room Hat ($39.99) and the Locker Room T-Shirt ($31.99). That's it for me as far as apparel goes. Half of my wardrobe already is Eagles stuff. Besides that, I won't be wearing the hat or the shirt. They both go into the vault with my Philadelphia Daily News and Philadelphia Inquirer newspapers. I like the idea of a plaque also with the entire roster.

The hoodies look really nice, and go for $70 a pop. The Reversible Wool jackets are also very nice and go for $190 a pop.

Of course you could always splurge and go for the leather jacket for a mere $2,999.99

Leather Coat

Looking at some sweatshirts too. Just about everything that I see is charcoal. WTF is that all about? And what does branded mean? Anybody know? I'd really like to get a nice green fleece too.
eagle60
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Feb 23 2018, 03:33 PM) *

Leather Coat

Looking at some sweatshirts too. Just about everything that I see is charcoal. WTF is that all about? And what does branded mean? Anybody know? I'd really like to get a nice green fleece too.
nephillymike
QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 23 2018, 03:57 PM) *

I'll take a Yeungling this round. (Next time I go craft beer on your double post)! tongue.gif
Rick
Sadly, don't need too many more sweathshirts here in FL. smile.gif

I will pick up something else like a football or something to put in my office. Just haven't found the right thing for me.
eagle60
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 24 2018, 06:32 AM) *
I'll take a Yeungling this round. (Next time I go craft beer on your double post)! tongue.gif

No problem Mike. I'd love to buy an Eagle brother a few. Hey does NE stand for New England? I live in Mass.
nephillymike
QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 24 2018, 08:11 AM) *
No problem Mike. I'd love to but an Eagle brother a few. Hey does NE stand for New England? I live in Mass.

No, NE stands for Northeast, as in Northeast Philly.
eagle60
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 24 2018, 04:15 PM) *

I'm from Ambler originally but it was pretty dumpy back them. I've heard that it's pretty nice there now.
eagle60
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 24 2018, 04:15 PM) *

I'm from Ambler originally but it was pretty dumpy back them. I've heard that it's pretty nice there now.
nephillymike
QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 24 2018, 04:25 PM) *

Yes it is a nice area.

One of my old clients, IMS, was in old Ambler by the train station. They moved from there to Plymouth Meeting back in the late 80's. There are some nice mansions in the Ambler area.

When did you move from there?
eagle60
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 24 2018, 05:29 PM) *
Yes it is a nice area.

One of my old clients, IMS, was in old Ambler by the train station. They moved from there to Plymouth Meeting back in the late 80's. There are some nice mansions in the Ambler area.

When did you move from there?

LOL! The April after Concrete Charlie stuck Jim Taylor on the Eagles 9 yard line! I was 10. Been a Birds fan since 59. It's been a long time coming.
nephillymike
QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 24 2018, 06:34 PM) *
LOL! The April after Concrete Charlie stuck Jim Taylor on the Eagles 9 yard line! I was 10. Been a Birds fan since 59. It's been a long time coming.

Great, welcome to the board.

Ten at the 1960 championship, nearing retirement?

You are one of the few who are spoiled enough to have been around for TWO championships!
eagle60
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 24 2018, 07:05 PM) *
Great, welcome to the board.

Ten at the 1960 championship, nearing retirement?

You are one of the few who are spoiled enough to have been around for TWO championships!

We had to listen to the game on the radio because they wouldn't televise home games back then. Everything was the gate and they wouldn't even bend for the Championship game!
One
QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 24 2018, 09:04 PM) *
We had to listen to the game on the radio because they wouldn't televise home games back then. Everything was the gate and they wouldn't even bend for the Championship game!

Does the NFL still have blackouts?
nephillymike
QUOTE (One @ Feb 25 2018, 06:11 AM) *
Does the NFL still have blackouts?

Good question.

Here's what I found.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Fo...ackout_policies

This is a good read.

According to this, that practice has ended on a year to year basis starting in 2015.

Did not know this.

Notice that up to 1972, ALL home games were blacked out locally. Now THAT is a way to limit your fan base! That is a surprise to me in Philly. I thought that the practice in Philly continued a few years after that. Maybe it wasn't mandatory by the league back then but up to the local squads for a few years? I see that four teams are still allowed to abide by the pre- 2015 rules and if memory is correct, I don't think the Eagles lifted theirs until close to the Vermiel playoff years in the mid 70s, thus did not take advantage of allowing home games to be broadcast locally.

The result was, in a 14 game season, seven Eagles games were blacked out, and you had good national teams like the Cowboys, Raiders, Dolphins being shown on Philadelphia TV as often as the home team. Dallas was often shown here on Sundays, sometimes more times a year than the Eagles. They also played many 4:00 games. Thus , the beginning of the proliferation of Cowboy fans born in the Philly area. Also a reason why at my age, my group of friends all had favorite teams other than the Eagles, as these were the teams they saw on TV, while the Eagles were blacked out. Once they started televising home games, and the Vermiel teams got better, then the tide shifted.

Notice how the impetus behind the change was when Washington politicians couldn't watch the Skins in the playoffs! They've been threatening the NFLs anti trust ever since!

The last blacked out game in Philly was 1999 as a home game didn't sell out. I went to almost all blacked out home games from 1988-1999. In many of those games, we got beat by bad teams. One of the few games I missed was a Ray Rhodes game vs Cincy. I think Hoying lit it up that day. Went to at least ten others. I went to more blacked out games then non blacked out games!
One
Blackouts used to really piss me off! It improved a bit when they allowed sold out games to be televised, but in lean years I'd always be on edge to see if there was a sell out. I remember the team would frequently buy remaining unsold seats and donate them so the game would be televised.

This is also interesting:
Furthermore, the NFL is the only league that imposes an anti-siphoning rule in all teams' local markets: the NFL sells syndication rights of each team's Thursday and Monday night games to a local over-the-air station in each local market. The respective cable station must be blacked out when that team is playing the said game.
nephillymike
QUOTE (One @ Feb 25 2018, 07:14 AM) *
Blackouts used to really piss me off! It improved a bit when they allowed sold out games to be televised, but in lean years I'd always be on edge to see if there was a sell out. I remember the team would frequently buy remaining unsold seats and donate them so the game would be televised.

This is also interesting:

So, that just means that if The NFL Network or ESPN had the game, they would sell the rights to the local station and that the cable station that had the game would not show it locally. Is that what it means? Is there something else?

As a board old timer, do you remember the Eagles home blackout continuing past 1972?

How about Eagle60, any memory of this?
One
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 25 2018, 09:05 AM) *
As a board old timer, do you remember the Eagles home blackout continuing past 1972?

I'm not sure of the year, but it sure seems like blackouts were a lot more recent than '72. The last game the Eagles were blacked out was against the Cardinals in 1999.
Sen. Arlen Specter, a Republican from Pennsylvania, angered because Sunday's Philadelphia Eagles-Arizona Cardinals game was blacked out in Philadelphia, even though 60,000 seats had been sold, suggested this week during a hearing on publicly financed stadiums that Congress should look into the blackout policy.
Here ...
nephillymike
QUOTE (One @ Feb 25 2018, 11:57 AM) *
I'm not sure of the year, but it sure seems like blackouts were a lot more recent than '72. The last game the Eagles were blacked out was against the Cardinals in 1999.
Here ...

I believe that was Andy's first year when Brian Finneran had the crucial dropped pass. I was there for that loss!
eagle60
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 25 2018, 12:05 PM) *
I believe that was Andy's first year when Brian Finneran had the crucial dropped pass. I was there for that loss!

Brian F...ing Finneran. If that idiot had just dropped it the Eagles would have won. Instead he batted it up in the air and they guy intercepted it and ran it back about 40 yards. It was just another way that the Eagles have invented ways to lose over the years.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (One @ Feb 25 2018, 11:57 AM) *
Here ...

I remember there being black outs at The Vet because a couple thousand of the shitty seats on the field in the corner of the endzones didn't get sold --- even the stupid fucking foreskinner fans caught onto the fact that they couldn't see shit from those seats, even when standing up.

I do believe some companies at times would buy up the empty seats and give them away to youth groups in order to sell out some of the games and get them televised.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 23 2018, 08:32 PM) *

Clement
To Burton
To Foles
TD!

Late to get anything, but then I have international shipping to consider. I need enough of an order to make it worthwhile.

For years I've been thinking about getting a Dawkins home jersey, but never got round to it. When he got elected to the HoF it was the nudge that I needed but then found I couldn't get my size so for weeks I've been checking the Eagles online shop and two weeks ago it finally appeared in Medium. I bought it together with the "Philly Special" t-shirt that shows the play and both arrived today.

And I'm wearing the Dawkins jersey as I type this.
Reality Fan
Mikey will appreciate this..

As I mentioned in another thread, I attended a coronation ceremony for the ST. Patty's day parade, some 500 drunks getting ready the night before and the have some fundraising going on in the form of chances to win booze (shocker) and some Tricky Tray/chinese auction type format for some 30 baskets. (half of them were booze, double shocker) So my GF and I donate 60 bucks between all the formats and we ended up winning 2 bottles of whiskey and a basket full of Eagles SB gear....a hat, sweatshirt, t shirt, signs, magnets, etc....So I am loaded. I already have a bunch of jerseys including a Kelce autographed game jersey I won at a golf tourney but I am thinking of adding a Foles SB jersey from our asian friends across the world....
Rick
Finally got my Foles SB jersey. I ordered it the Tuesday after the win.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Apr 9 2018, 05:57 PM) *
Mikey will appreciate this..

As I mentioned in another thread, I attended a coronation ceremony for the ST. Patty's day parade, some 500 drunks getting ready the night before and the have some fundraising going on in the form of chances to win booze (shocker) and some Tricky Tray/chinese auction type format for some 30 baskets. (half of them were booze, double shocker) So my GF and I donate 60 bucks between all the formats and we ended up winning 2 bottles of whiskey and a basket full of Eagles SB gear....a hat, sweatshirt, t shirt, signs, magnets, etc....So I am loaded. I already have a bunch of jerseys including a Kelce autographed game jersey I won at a golf tourney but I am thinking of adding a Foles SB jersey from our asian friends across the world....

I resemble the remarks about the drunken Irish.

Good story, happy you won.

I still need to get something. I will go out near the end of the month when the workload loosens up,a bit.
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 10 2018, 11:17 AM) *

I still need to get something. I will go out near the end of the month when the workload loosens up,a bit.

I think the next jersey I get will be Pederson 14. Might get the LII logo on it too just for good measure.
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 10 2018, 03:14 AM) *
I think the next jersey I get will be Pederson 14. Might get the LII logo on it too just for good measure.

They should offer that jersey.

I bet it would sell a bunch.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Apr 9 2018, 10:17 PM) *

Order them from Asia..lol
eagle60
QUOTE (samaroo @ Apr 10 2018, 04:14 AM) *

Very cool Sam!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.