Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Agency is closing in!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
eagle60
What a short offseason this is if you get to the Super Bowl. Free Agency starts in 3 weeks! Tampering begins March 12 and FAs can be signed on the 14th. That means if Howie doesn't sign Bradham, Burtrum, Vinny or Blount etc. they are most likely gone. Man that came quick.
Eyrie
Bradham and Burton are my priorities.

Robinson and Blount lose out because we have alternatives. I like the Ajayi/Clement backfield, so all I need to know is if one of Jones, Darby, Mills or Douglas can play in the slot.
eagle60
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 23 2018, 06:16 PM) *

Robinson and Blount lose out because we have alternatives. I like the Ajayi/Clement backfield, so all I need to know is if one of Jones, Darby, Mills or Douglas can play in the slot.

I think that Bradham is a must sign too. He might not be as expensive as everybody else. Check this excerpt from an article that I read on BGN:

In 2017, free agent linebackers found a very soft market. Consider Zach Brown, who had 149 tackles, 4 sacks, 4 pass breakups, 2 forced fumbles, an INT, and a spot in the Pro Bowl in 2016 with the Bills. During the 2017 offseason, as a free agent, Brown signed a one year deal with the Redskins worth $2.3 million, with playing time and performance incentives.
Joegrane
Bradham is going to get paid because the Eagles are over a barrel: Hicks can't be counted on to stay healthy and the Eagles probably need the $6+ mil in cap space that they can get from releasing Kendricks after Jn 1.

I too really wanted Burton back but then I kept reading articles suggesting he could get > $5mil.

Remember TWO of the Eagles' offensive coaches have moved on You can imagine they'd like to have a player or two they know to join them.

QUOTE (eagle60 @ Feb 23 2018, 08:03 PM) *
I think that Bradham is a must sign too. He might not be as expensive as everybody else. Check this excerpt from an article that I read on BGN:

In 2017, free agent linebackers found a very soft market. Consider Zach Brown, who had 149 tackles, 4 sacks, 4 pass breakups, 2 forced fumbles, an INT, and a spot in the Pro Bowl in 2016 with the Bills. During the 2017 offseason, as a free agent, Brown signed a one year deal with the Redskins worth $2.3 million, with playing time and performance incentives.
Eyrie
Agree with Joe's logic about why Bradham will be expensive.

The same applies to Burton though - Celek could well be a cap casualty so losing Burton would mean two new players at TE. One can be a rookie (probably a mid round pick to replace Celek as the blocker) but do we want to rely on another rookie if Ertz is out? Or is there a reasonably priced 30+ veteran (FA or trade a 6th/7th) who could fill that role for a year or two?
Joegrane
If you trade Nick F, you might get a young, cheap #2 TE along with a 2nd rounder in return. I'd also be interested in a backup LB.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 24 2018, 06:05 AM) *
Agree with Joe's logic about why Bradham will be expensive.

The same applies to Burton though - Celek could well be a cap casualty so losing Burton would mean two new players at TE. One can be a rookie (probably a mid round pick to replace Celek as the blocker) but do we want to rely on another rookie if Ertz is out? Or is there a reasonably priced 30+ veteran (FA or trade a 6th/7th) who could fill that role for a year or two?

samaroo
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 24 2018, 10:51 AM) *
Bradham is going to get paid because the Eagles are over a barrel: Hicks can't be counted on to stay healthy and the Eagles probably need the $6+ mil in cap space that they can get from releasing Kendricks after Jn 1.

I too really wanted Burton back but then I kept reading articles suggesting he could get > $5mil.

Remember TWO of the Eagles' offensive coaches have moved on You can imagine they'd like to have a player or two they know to join them.

Bradham is still pending a decision from the league on whether or not he will be suspended for his legal issues. That will keep his price down a bit, I would think.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 23 2018, 07:16 PM) *

We have to keep Bradham. I like Burton a lot, but if he thinks he's getting $5 mil a year he should be thrown out the window.

If Blount wants to come back for another one year, relatively cheap deal, then sign him. He's got 3 rings in the last 4 years, and as proven still has plenty of bruising runs on the tank. (For further reference, see the thread 'Who wanted Blount cut?')

nephillymike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/...ed-179-million/

Good news here.

Prolly higher than 178M.
One
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 25 2018, 09:13 PM) *

This isn't new, is it? OTC still has us at ($9,666,190).
nephillymike
QUOTE (One @ Feb 25 2018, 10:08 PM) *
This isn't new, is it? OTC still has us at ($9,666,190).

Yes. The previous space numbers assumed 178M cap.

To the extent it is higher, we have more room.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.