Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Watch a bar full of Pats fans...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxaKn4ULlww

Surprisingly enjoyable watching them at first scared and then devastated by the last play of the game...
The Franchise
laugh.gif

Fuck them.

The best part is Collinsworth suggesting they would have 2 shots to the end zone. Probably his worst announced game ever, and that's saying a bit.
One
Joegrane
Collinsworth was an NFL WR. He could not honestly have been that clueless. He knows the rules. He had to be trying to create drama.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 15 2018, 08:12 PM) *
laugh.gif

Fuck them.

The best part is Collinsworth suggesting they would have 2 shots to the end zone. Probably his worst announced game ever, and that's saying a bit.

The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 15 2018, 10:56 PM) *
Collinsworth was an NFL WR. He could not honestly have been that clueless. He knows the rules. He had to be trying to create drama.

I don't know if that's true - he made a snap judgement call on the Ertz TD and didn't think it through, then doubled down during the replays, when everyone on the planet saw it was an obvious TD. This is 'Joe-Buck-itis.' He's just a bad announcer.

It isn't unreasonable to think the Pats would've had two shots there, but I never thought there would be 2 chances.
Rick
Collinsworth has been like this his whole announcing career. He sucks. Almost as badly as Joe Buck. Yet he keeps getting work.

I'll never understand why the networks keep hiring these fools as the, "A," team when so many people hate listening to them and there are so many good people out there.
samaroo
That was oddly satisfying to watch. Nothing like a tall mug of schadenfreude I guess.

Something else I've been noticing of late... How many different jerseys do you see at an Eagles game? A dozen? I always see old throwback jerseys in the stands, Cunningham, White, Brown, Jaws, etc. But not so with other teams. That video has two, #12 and #87. This is definitely not empirical, but to me it makes us better fans.

The day before the SB, on a plane to Minny, I wore a throwback Tommy Mcdonald jersey and everyone knew who who he was, and he played 60 years ago!

Anyway, just wanted to say I think we're all awesome, is all. cheers.gif
One
This is a really sweet Championship. The Eagles weren't on anyone's SB radar at the beginning of the season. The HC was tagged as the worst. Every win they got was criticized. Vegas thought they'd lose each of their playoff games. They beat the defending NFC champions. They pummeled the #2 seed with the league's best defense and then beat the defending SB champs with HOF coach and QB. This wasn't a cheap win by any stretch, in fact, it was just the opposite. We didn't beat teams who were depleted by injuries, WE were depleted by injuries.

Fuck 'em all! No one likes us and we don't care ... because we're the best and we earned it!
The Franchise
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 16 2018, 06:41 AM) *
Collinsworth has been like this his whole announcing career. He sucks. Almost as badly as Joe Buck. Yet he keeps getting work.

I'll never understand why the networks keep hiring these fools as the, "A," team when so many people hate listening to them and there are so many good people out there.

In the media, the customer is always wrong. On top of that, these people hold award shows and give themselves trophies every year. No different than any other media, or Hollywood. They keep getting these roles because people keep watching them, regardless of how much they suck. I still refuse to watch Batman vs. Superman, or any other goddam movie where Ben Affleck defiles Batman by playing him.
nephillymike
cheers.gif
QUOTE (One @ Feb 16 2018, 08:36 AM) *
This is a really sweet Championship. The Eagles weren't on anyone's SB radar at the beginning of the season. The HC was tagged as the worst. Every win they got was criticized. Vegas thought they'd lose each of their playoff games. They beat the defending NFC champions. They pummeled the #2 seed with the league's best defense and then beat the defending SB champs with HOF coach and QB. This wasn't a cheap win by any stretch, in fact, it was just the opposite. We didn't beat teams who were depleted by injuries, WE were depleted by injuries.

Fuck 'em all! No one likes us and we don't care ... because we're the best and we earned it!

cheers.gif
Rick
QUOTE (One @ Feb 16 2018, 08:36 AM) *

Well-said!!!

Fuck them all! We're SB Champs damnit!
Rick
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 16 2018, 05:20 PM) *
In the media, the customer is always wrong. On top of that, these people hold award shows and give themselves trophies every year. No different than any other media, or Hollywood. They keep getting these roles because people keep watching them, regardless of how much they suck. I still refuse to watch Batman vs. Superman, or any other goddam movie where Ben Affleck defiles Batman by playing him.

I understand all of that but, at least in movies, the top people are usually entertaining (at least a little with a few exceptions). People typically like the top, "stars," for the most part.

I've only ever heard ONE person say they like Joe Buck. I've never heard anyone say they like Collinsworth.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 16 2018, 08:45 PM) *
I've only ever heard ONE person say they like Joe Buck. I've never heard anyone say they like Collinsworth.

That's one more than I've heard - are you sure he wasn't being sarcastic?

As for Collinsworth, my bar is so low for national announcers that while I never really liked him, I also didn't mind him all that much considering how much worse you can do (such as Joe Buck).

One of the few broadcasting teams I actually liked was Aikman/Stockton, before they replaced Stockton with.....Buck/Collinsworth.

Rick
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 17 2018, 03:20 PM) *
That's one more than I've heard - are you sure he wasn't being sarcastic?

As for Collinsworth, my bar is so low for national announcers that while I never really liked him, I also didn't mind him all that much considering how much worse you can do (such as Joe Buck).

One of the few broadcasting teams I actually liked was Aikman/Stockton, before they replaced Stockton with.....Buck/Collinsworth.

I thought the same thing. But, yeah, this guy really liked Buck. I was in shock.

And I agree, Aikman has turned into a decent broadcaster. When he first started, he was a bit too much of a Dallas fan (understandable) and I hated him calling our games but he's improved a lot since those days.
Phits
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 16 2018, 07:45 PM) *
I understand all of that but, at least in movies, the top people are usually entertaining (at least a little with a few exceptions). People typically like the top, "stars," for the most part.

I'm indifferent with Joe Buck. I don't think he's a bad announcer. On the other hand, I think Collinsworth is a p.o.s.

I think Romo is great on the mic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.