Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wow, this is interesting ...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
One
The Eagles have the easiest schedule in the NFC East heading into 2018, despite winning the division. The New York Giants have the eighth-hardest schedule in the NFL (133-123), while the Washington Redskins are 14th (129-127). The Dallas Cowboys are tied for the 15th-hardest schedule (128-128).
Linc ...
Rick
It's interesting but too early to really know which teams will be good. I remember looking at this year's schedule before the season and thinking it was going to be a tough one but many teams who were supposed to be good didn't show up. Then again, look at us, we weren't supposed to be good and, well, you are now One and no longer Zero. So who knows...
One
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 13 2018, 10:55 AM) *
It's interesting but too early to really know which teams will be good. I remember looking at this year's schedule before the season and thinking it was going to be a tough one but many teams who were supposed to be good didn't show up. Then again, look at us, we weren't supposed to be good and, well, you are now One and no longer Zero. So who knows...

One is so much easier to say. biggrin.gif

It's this way every year. What surprises me is that the WORLD CHAMPIONS didn't get the statistically hardest schedule.
Rick
QUOTE (One @ Feb 13 2018, 11:16 AM) *

It's this way every year. What surprises me is that the WORLD CHAMPIONS didn't get the statistically hardest schedule.

Would you be speaking about those EAGLES who are CHAMPIONS? It's still weird to hear. smile.gif
eagle60

It's kind of a bogus stat anyway. Teams are only about a game apart on that list so if you have Cleveland on your schedule you immediately get boosted towards the top 8 places. I don't put much stock in that thing. NE playing in an absolute garbage division for the last decade has sure helped them though.
Birdwatcher

Look, the only difference in scheduling in any division comes down to 2 games. Everyone plays 6 in their division, 4 against the same AFC and NFC division, leaving 2 games based on how the prior year ended. Not that much of a difference really.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Feb 13 2018, 05:18 PM) *
Look, the only difference in scheduling in any division comes down to 2 games. Everyone plays 6 in their division, 4 against the same AFC and NFC division, leaving 2 games based on how the prior year ended. Not that much of a difference really.

There will be a slight variation based on homefield - for example getting us at home is a less daunting prospect for a team than playing at the Linc.

But overall the difference at this stage of the off season is minimal and will be outweighed for all teams by their success or otherwise in free agency and the draft.
nephillymike
In algebraic terms:

((Our superior record over our division) x 2 ) > (the record of our NFC opponents - the record of our division's NFC opponents)

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.