Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Behind the Play That Confused the Patriots ....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
All season, every week, every offensive coach on the Eagles had an assignment: find a play or plays better than those on Pederson’s play sheet. So Groh, along with all the coaches, went to work. In a lonely room at the Radisson Blu Hotel at the Mall of America halfway across the country, Groh dove in one more time, on stacks-and-bunches plays and all others he thought might be valuable, to see if he could find one great third-down call that beat any of the third-down calls on Pederson’s play sheet.

For the 22nd straight Monday of the 2017 NFL season, Groh looked for a better way, a better play.

Linc
One
Which is why I won't be surprised if Groh is the new OC.
Joegrane
Supposedly the new QB coach is the one who found and presented the Philly Special play to the coaches weeks before.

QUOTE (One @ Feb 13 2018, 05:55 AM) *
Which is why I won't be surprised if Groh is the new OC.

eagle60
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 13 2018, 10:16 AM) *
Supposedly the new QB coach is the one who found and presented the Philly Special play to the coaches weeks before.

I remember seeing Detroit running a similar version of it last year with Stafford pretending to be calling a play around the LOS. They scored on it too.
eagle60
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 13 2018, 10:16 AM) *

I remember seeing Detroit running a similar version of it last year with Stafford pretending to be calling a play around the LOS. They scored on it too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.