Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Doug kicked the shit out of Bill
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
One
The fact that Pederson, the worst coach in the league, outsmarted Belicheat, the smartest coach in the league, makes the win that much tastier.
Rick
QUOTE (One @ Feb 12 2018, 03:22 PM) *
The fact that Pederson, the worst coach in the league, outsmarted Belicheat, the smartest coach in the league, makes the win that much tastier.

Exactly. I kept saying two things after the game--well 3 if you count me repeating, "They just won the SB..."

I said, "Foles just Tom Bradied Tom Brady."

And I said, "Pederson just outcoached Belicheat!"

Still hard to believe...
Pila
Not sure it had anything to do with outsmarting anyone. It was more a thing of not outsmarting oneself, which is just the sort of thing other coaches did to their own petard.

The "pick your poison" approach. We're good enough to force you to choose one. If you don't, we'll choose it for you.

That's just a guy who knows enough to coach unafraid and decided that is as far as the lure of invincibility will go.
eagle60
QUOTE (Pila @ Feb 12 2018, 04:40 PM) *
Not sure it had anything to do with outsmarting anyone. It was more a thing of not outsmarting oneself, which is just the sort of thing other coaches did to their own petard.

The "pick your poison" approach. We're good enough to force you to choose one. If you don't, we'll choose it for you.

That's just a guy who knows enough to coach unafraid and decided that is as far as the lure of invincibility will go.

I got a kick out of that Soundfx show the the NFL Channel did on the SB. Doug and Bill shake hands and Bill said "you had a great season" and Doug said "You too!" Then Doug talks to Brady and Brady said "you had a great season" and Doug said something like "NO YOU had a good season you arrogant SOB" and you could see the confidence Doug had that he was going to kick his butt.
nephillymike
That's a great read.

Enjoyed it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.