Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What a day!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Couldn't sleep, woke up at 5:15.

Left the house with my kids and two of their friends before 8

Parked down by Temple and took the subway to Race street and walked over to the Parkway.

We got there at 9:30 and got as far as Logan Square. 17th and the Parkway.

Three hours before the parade was scheduled to be at that location and it was packed.

They had this huge Jumbotron that you could see from 100 yards away. So we situated ourselves to get a good view of the tron.

They were showing a great movie, the Eagles-Patriots Super Bowl. We got to relive that great game once again with the cheers and chants from the crowd.

Then after the game, they played music, mostly dance music. People were dancing, having a great time. People of all backgrounds, all races, all neighborhoods. No problems, all smiles and love.

Then the parade came and everyone was going nuts. Got a good view of all the buses wth the players on top.

After they passed us, they had to go a few blocks down the Parkway and get everyone situated for the presentation on the Art Museum.

It was then that the sun hid behind the buildings, the wind kicked up and the 45 minute wait for the ceremonies allowed the cold to settle in.

The ceremony began and it was well done.

Kelce's speech was amazing. He hit every chord.

At the end when they sung We are the Champions, then it finally hit me. All along these last four days, I was over joyed, but not to the point of tears. I hugged and kissed many in celebration. I will shed some tears at funerals, but I don't shed them many other times. But listening to that song, one of my favorites by the way, knowing that the parade was real, the championship was ours and they can't take it away, that one of my biggest fears, that I would die without a Super Bowl win, was now extinguished, a few tears streamed down my face.

A weight has been lifted and if I die tomorrow, I will die a happy man.

samaroo
I really wish I could have been there. I feel ya, Mikey. Monday morning (kickoff was at 8:30 am for me) was one of the most emotional days of my life. I knew we would win, and that my dad had missed it by a week and a half. And having my 2 boys there with me, jerseys on...man, what a roller coaster. Tears were shed all around, I don't mind saying.

Super Bowl Champions, baby! First of many!
Rick
Thanks for the post. So glad you were able to make it. I wish I could have been there. If they'd had it earlier in the week as I'd heard it was originally planned for I would have been there. I just couldn't move enough of my work around to make it. This will be one major disappointment for me in my life.

I was watching the recording of it on the NFL Network. It's bringing it home but it's still so surreal...
nephillymike
QUOTE (samaroo @ Feb 8 2018, 11:36 PM) *
I really wish I could have been there. I feel ya, Mikey. Monday morning (kickoff was at 8:30 am for me) was one of the most emotional days of my life. I knew we would win, and that my dad had missed it by a week and a half. And having my 2 boys there with me, jerseys on...man, what a roller coaster. Tears were shed all around, I don't mind saying.

Super Bowl Champions, baby! First of many!

Hey Sammy, sorry to hear about your Dad. So that was the reason you had to come home? My condolences to you and the family. I'm sure it was very emotional for you.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 9 2018, 06:19 AM) *
Thanks for the post. So glad you were able to make it. I wish I could have been there. If they'd had it earlier in the week as I'd heard it was originally planned for I would have been there. I just couldn't move enough of my work around to make it. This will be one major disappointment for me in my life.

I was watching the recording of it on the NFL Network. It's bringing it home but it's still so surreal...

Rick, I think Comcast SportsNet philly website has the full coverage of the parade on their website. You get the local angle with the local commentary. Try to track that down, it is a good watch.
One
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 8 2018, 10:58 PM) *

Happy for ya, Mikey! I watched on TV out here in no man's land. I was all teared up with the speeches, especially Kelce until they muted him after each F bomb. I was pissed.

Who'll succeed you as chairman of the Axis? biggrin.gif
Pila
Just when one begins to think to a particular memorable moment, it's topped by something else.

Kelce's speech is the fitting exclamation to the entire surreal experience.

After years of misery, in just a bit over a year I've experienced being European champions, and now world champions.

And we've put a fucking car in space.

These are good times to be alive. Living fucking rocks.
The Franchise
It looked like a pretty smooth day overall, minus the usual scuffles and bs. Hope all who were there enjoyed it, wish I could've been.
One
And just add this to our list of presents. Just think of how Cowboys fans feel. Redskin fans and Giant fans. It's a great time to be an Eagle fan! laugh.gif
Joegrane
pregnant waterbuffalo : )

Too good

The bad part about that is that guy was us for the past 50 yrs!

QUOTE (One @ Feb 9 2018, 01:18 PM) *
And just add this to our list of presents. Just think of how Cowboys fans feel. Redskin fans and Giant fans. It's a great time to be an Eagle fan! laugh.gif

SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 8 2018, 10:58 PM) *

Amen brother. Amen.

I echo that sentiment exactly.
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 9 2018, 08:30 PM) *
Hey Sammy, sorry to hear about your Dad. So that was the reason you had to come home? My condolences to you and the family. I'm sure it was very emotional for you.

I came home (to the US) for the funeral and be with family, had to fly back on Saturday.

Funny enough, I flew Saturday morning from Charlotte to Minneapolis. What a fun plane to be on! I was hoping to get stranded there, but no luck.

There were 2 Patriots fans mixed in with what I'd guess to be 70-ish% Eagles fans. Happy, excited Eagles fans. The Pats fans seemed kinda quiet, oddly enough. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.