Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So I was wondering how McNabb feels today...lol
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...owl-you-thought

It was on CSN before the Sb and I had missed it.

Some interesting tidbits and a tough read for McNabb haters. That being said this must be killing McNabb....Wentz became the darling of the city that he never could and with Wentz it is well deserved. Add to that Foles, of all people, wins the SB.

Poor guy..lol...first the legal issues then the sexual harassment issues and now this....lol
mcnabbulous
I'm not really sure that the headline matches the copy. Sure he had a bunch of yards, but his 2 interceptions were absolute back breakers and one definitely took points off the board in a game we lost by 3 points.

Overall, his performance simply wasn't enough to overcome facing a high quality opponent. But I have no doubt that they beat the shit out of him that game. That organization is dog shit.

The bottom line with McNabb is that he never strung together a stretch of games in January/Februrary like Foles did. And his statistically lesser games always resulted in losses.

C'est la vie. We never have to worry about that shit ever again.

D Rock
He had 3 ints in the Super Bowl. Choked figuratively, AND literally.

Hey, at least he’s an asshole too.

laugh.gif

Jaws also had 3 ints in ‘80.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 8 2018, 03:36 PM) *
He had 3 ints in the Super Bowl. Choked figuratively, AND literally.

Hey, at least he’s an asshole too.

laugh.gif

Jaws also had 3 ints in ‘80.

I was giving the third one "meaningless" status. The first one was the real killer. An absolutely atrocious throw. Stared down his receiver and floated a ball in the redzone. Woof.

But who gives a fuck now!!! Woooooooo
nephillymike
We were playing cards hours before the Super Bowl and all eight of us have been life long Eagles fans of different ages from 19 to 53, with various favorite players.

I asked this question.

When McNabb watches the Super Bowl, in his heart do you think he wants the Eagles to win?

All eight said no
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 9 2018, 01:31 PM) *
We were playing cards hours before the Super Bowl and all eight of us have been life long Eagles fans of different ages from 19 to 53, with various favorite players.

I asked this question.

When McNabb watches the Super Bowl, in his heart do you think he wants the Eagles to win?

All eight said no

If that's true, that's sad. And it sucks that there's this weird quiet animosity between Philly and 5. He was the QB during the (at the time) best stretch of Eagles football in decades. He should be a hero in Philly. Oh well.
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 9 2018, 05:31 AM) *

I asked this question.

All eight said no

I would have concurred.
The Franchise
I'm about done with Reid and McNabb arguments. We finally won one, so fuck it.

That being said, let me just say I believe that both of them wanted us to win a hell of a lot more than they wanted the fucking Cheatriots they lost to get their 6th ring.

If I'm wrong, so be it - but none of us truly knows what is in their hearts.
D Rock
Truth.

In my mind, im as sure Andy wanted us to win as I am supa5 didn’t.

But as you say, we couldn’t possibly know for sure, and it doesn’t matter either way.
jackhinkle
no jock gives a damn. He made his millions. Thats all he cares about. Its more important than a trophy.
this isnt high school. No player cares about his team after retirement. Its just an nfl company you work for
samaroo
QUOTE (jackhinkle @ Feb 9 2018, 04:40 PM) *
no jock gives a damn. He made his millions. Thats all he cares about. Its more important than a trophy.
this isnt high school. No player cares about his team after retirement. Its just an nfl company you work for

I don't think that's any truer than any other blanket statement. If you don't think Dawk or Kelce loves Philly, than I'm not sure what you are watching.
Rick
QUOTE (jackhinkle @ Feb 9 2018, 02:40 AM) *

You do realize how wrong you are right? Apparently, you didn't see B. Dawk after the game at the stadium crying. Not because he isn't making millions playing the game any loner but because his team--the one he played most of his career for--finally won a SB trophy.

I guess you didn't see/hear all of the other former Eagles players, coaches, etc. all showing their emotions (crying) about the Eagles finally winning.

SMH...
One
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 9 2018, 06:08 AM) *
You do realize how wrong you are right? Apparently, you didn't see B. Dawk after the game at the stadium crying. Not because he isn't making millions playing the game any loner but because his team--the one he played most of his career for--finally won a SB trophy.

I guess you didn't see/hear all of the other former Eagles players, coaches, etc. all showing their emotions (crying) about the Eagles finally winning.

SMH...
Not just Dawk, look at all the ex-Eagles that are on talk shows that call the team "us." Jaws, Seth, Akers was in town for the game and spoke out. Papale was there, Spags was there. I bet if you talk to Eric Allen or B&E, They'd call the Eagles "us."
Pila
QUOTE (jackhinkle @ Feb 9 2018, 07:40 AM) *

What an incredibly vacuous statement. Hopefully not a microcosm of the tiny and ignorant mind it painted of its author.
Rick
QUOTE (One @ Feb 9 2018, 12:32 PM) *
Not just Dawk, look at all the ex-Eagles that are on talk shows that call the team "us." Jaws, Seth, Akers was in town for the game and spoke out. Papale was there, Spags was there. I bet if you talk to Eric Allen or B&E, They'd call the Eagles "us."

Exactly. My wife shamed me into going to the gym Monday morning (I usually go mornings and I was still emotionally spent after the game Sunday.). Lito walks in and walks right up to me and tells me--with a huge smile--he came in because he knew I'd be there. We reflected on the game. I assure you, he is one happy friggin' guy the Eagles on. He truly cared.

On Tuesday Donavan Darious (used to play for the Jags and is another helluva nice guy) came up to me. He was at the game (he still works for the NFL) and he's also from South Jersey so he's an Eagles fan. He was emotional about it as well. He showed me the video he took on his phone of the Philly Philly play. He was about 20 rows up in that endzone on that side of the endzone. He told me it was at least 75% Eagles fans there.

So I'd say the players care even after they're done playing.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 9 2018, 02:18 PM) *
Exactly. My wife shamed me into going to the gym Monday morning (I usually go mornings and I was still emotionally spent after the game Sunday.). Lito walks in and walks right up to me and tells me--with a huge smile--he came in because he knew I'd be there. We reflected on the game. I assure you, he is one happy friggin' guy the Eagles on. He truly cared.

On Tuesday Donavan Darious (used to play for the Jags and is another helluva nice guy) came up to me. He was at the game (he still works for the NFL) and he's also from South Jersey so he's an Eagles fan. He was emotional about it as well. He showed me the video he took on his phone of the Philly Philly play. He was about 20 rows up in that endzone on that side of the endzone. He told me it was at least 75% Eagles fans there.

So I'd say the players care even after they're done playing.

Hey, you ever ask Lito about that ugly ass Florida Gator colored leather sectional?

I don't know if you ever saw When Harry Met Sally, but there is a scene where Carrie Fisher makes Bruno Kirby throw out a wagon wheel cocktail table because she hates it. I envision Lito's wife doing the same with his sectional. biggrin.gif
Joegrane
Brian Westbrook was asked if he has spoken to McNabb about the SB win. He said he has spoken to him. He did not say much about the conversation. There was nothing controversial. I would not expect anything less from B West.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 8 2018, 12:51 PM) *
http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...owl-you-thought

It was on CSN before the Sb and I had missed it.

Some interesting tidbits and a tough read for McNabb haters. That being said this must be killing McNabb....Wentz became the darling of the city that he never could and with Wentz it is well deserved. Add to that Foles, of all people, wins the SB.

Poor guy..lol...first the legal issues then the sexual harassment issues and now this....lol

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.