Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do we keep Smith?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Pbfan
Very typical of myself to worry about the future instead of enjoying the moment, but an interesting question: do we get rid of Smith?

It would result in freeing up $5m in cap space with $0 dead money. We're in a real tight spot so this one seems Ike the best option. And then hope Mac Hollins is ready to be a #3
One
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Feb 7 2018, 11:22 AM) *
Very typical of myself to worry about the future instead of enjoying the moment, but an interesting question: do we get rid of Smith?

It would result in freeing up $5m in cap space with $0 dead money. We're in a real tight spot so this one seems Ike the best option. And then hope Mac Hollins is ready to be a #3

I think they really like the potential of Gibson. Smith stepped up in the post season so they may let his agent shop him and let him come to camp to compete if there's no takers.
Eyrie
Way too soon to be thinking about this.

Give me a couple of weeks and then I'll think about which of our SuperBowl heroes may not be back to defend our title.
Joegrane
I agree that it is too early and that there is no room for him. Agholor + Hollins + Gibson will have to do. Smith drew quite a number of big penalties when he got behind the D but he also dropped way too many passes. I assume his size allowed him to be more effective as a run blocker than NA and Gibson.

QUOTE (Pbfan @ Feb 7 2018, 11:22 AM) *

nephillymike
Hands over ears

Lalalalalalala

I hear nothing

Lalalala

Super Bowl parade to worry about.

Here's a little song I wrote
Super Bowl Champs and it ain't no joke
Don't worry
Be happy.
In our life we've had some trouble
Lost as favorites four times not double
Don't worry
Be happy
All the losses got in our head
Now we slayed those demons dead
Don't worry
Be happy
The only problem worry-ing my body
Will the parade have enough porta pottys
Don't worry
Be happy
Ooh ooh ooh ooh oh ooh ooh oh ooh ooh
Don't worry
Be happy
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 8 2018, 01:40 PM) *
Here's a little song I wrote
Super Bowl Champs and it ain't no joke
Don't worry
Be happy.
In our life we've had some trouble
Lost as favorites four times not double
Don't worry
Be happy
All the losses got in our head
Now we slayed those demons dead
Don't worry
Be happy
The only problem worry-ing my body
Will the parade have enough porta pottys
Don't worry
Be happy
Ooh ooh ooh ooh oh ooh ooh oh ooh ooh
Don't worry
Be happy

This is the best sports writing I've read in quite some time! It made me happy! cheers.gif
The Franchise
Hey guys - does anyone want to take a crack at the 53-man roster for next year, with mock draft?

Holy dogshit, just enjoy the first ring in 58 years.
samaroo
At this time most years, in already pulling my hair out for more football. I could totally get used to these short off seasons!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.