Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some opinions
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
I'm working on a little something and would like to get opinions on the 12-13 most iconic people (players/coaches) associated with this title run.

Who would be on your list? I put mine together, but I'm trying to avoid confirmation bias.
Pbfan
Roseman
Peterson
Foles
Ertz
Jeffery
Jenkins
Kelce
Cox
Graham
Johnson
Jenkins
Brooks
Clement
Rick
-Foles
-Pederson
-Howie
-Douglas
-Wentz
-Offensive Line
-Receivers
-Ertz (came up HUGE in the biggest game of all)
-Running Backs
-Schwartz
-D Line
-Lurie

Pretty much EVERYONE on the team had a hand in this in a way I've never seen before. Even the injured guys helped the healthy guys prep all season. Was amazing.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 7 2018, 10:31 AM) *
Pretty much EVERYONE on the team had a hand in this in a way I've never seen before. Even the injured guys helped the healthy guys prep all season. Was amazing.

This is the battle I'm fighting right now. 2 QBs, 3 RBs, an entire DL and OL. So many impactful contributors.

I'm gonna have to get creative.

Thanks for the early feedback, fellas.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 7 2018, 11:55 AM) *
the 12-13 most iconic people (players/coaches) associated with this title run.

That's the beauty of this team. What you ask is impossible. At minimum you have to come up with 20 who were iconic either throughout the season, or crucial in certain games including the SB.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 7 2018, 03:12 PM) *
That's the beauty of this team. What you ask is impossible. At minimum you have to come up with 20 who were iconic either throughout the season, or crucial in certain games including the SB.

So true...I have never seen a team that actually truly exemplified "team".....amazing...so many key contributions at crucial times in so many games by so many people
mcnabbulous
Guys I'm keenly aware of the challenges associated with this request. It's the exact reason for the thread.

My list has changed probably 10 times thus far. But I'm trying to avoid deciding within a vacuum.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Pbfan @ Feb 7 2018, 11:30 AM) *
Roseman
Peterson
Foles
Ertz
Jeffery
Jenkins
Kelce
Cox
Graham
Johnson
Jenkins
Brooks
Clement

This is my list with two exception.

I add Wentz and Long and remove Brooks and the double counted Jenkins
JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 7 2018, 10:21 PM) *
This is my list with two exception.

I add Wentz and Long and remove Brooks and the double counted Jenkins

Agreed. A list without Wentz and Long is just crazy. Also though it's close I have to choose Blount over Clement. Clement balled out this season, but Blount came in with that I'm a fucking Superbowl Champion swag and it was infectious. Not only that he was willing to let the other running backs shine and never complained fucking once. He came in, did the work, coached the other RBs, and landed us a ring.
samaroo
I'll take a crack off the top of my head, in roughly descending order:

Definites:
1. Pederson
2. Roseman
3. Wentz
4. Peters
5. Jenkins
6. Foles
7. Cox
8. Ertz
9. Joe Douglas
10. Graham
11. Jeffery
12. Lurie
13. Bradham
14. Is it cheesy to say the fans? I don't care, us.
D Rock
DP
Wentz
Foles
Cox
Jenkins
Lane
Ertz
Graham
Agholor
Bradham
Blount/Ajayi/Clement
Howie
Lurie

mcnabbulous
Thanks for the feedback. At this point, here is what I'm thinking of rolling with. Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong/an idiot. For the sake of this exercise, I've decided not to use any FO people (e.g. Howie or Lurie) but I did find it interesting how much play that got.

- Doug
- Nick
- Carson
- Jenkins
- Long
- Graham
- Fletch
- Lane
- Kelce
- Ertz
- Alshon
- Clement

Some of the thinking:
- To me, there is something iconic about Long and Jenkins throughout the season. That dynamic seems to epitomize the special bond this team had
- The addition of Clement is largely from the feedback here. I had considered him, but originally actually had both Blount and Ajayi (in replace of Kelce). At the end of the day, there is something about Clement being an undrafted rookie, a lifelong Eagles fan, and someone that had such a dynamic game (including touching the ball on the Philly Special) that led to me including him.
- Kelce seems like the least popular option, but the fact that his tenure has been so long, with so many highs and lows, he just feels like a true Eagle. And his postgame comments put him over the edge for me.
- I plan on doing a little tribute to JP, who had a lasting impact on this team even after his injury.

Hopefully what I'm trying to create turns out how I'm envisioning it. Will keep you posted.

Post Parade Edit: Yeah, Kelce is motherfucking in.
samaroo
I know you said you're gonna do a tribute, but any list of people responsible for this season without the big guy on it seems wrong to me.
The Franchise
No list will be perfect, but I think Vaitai has to get some love too. He filled in for a Hall of Famer and didn't allow a sack in the entire playoffs, guarding Foles's blind side.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (samaroo @ Feb 8 2018, 06:59 PM) *
I know you said you're gonna do a tribute, but any list of people responsible for this season without the big guy on it seems wrong to me.

God dammit, Sam; I know. Alright, he's back on smile.gif
samaroo
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 9 2018, 10:54 AM) *
God dammit, Sam; I know. Alright, he's back on smile.gif

Just make it a top 60 list and you should pretty much nail it! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.