Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: As I am still on a high from the SB
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Reality Fan
http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/phil...ve-theyre-close
How does this hot mess still have a job?

He does not even acknowledge that he said so many idiotic things so definitively
One
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 7 2018, 08:10 AM) *

He does not even acknowledge that he said so many idiotic things so definitively

We've all been wrong and will be lots more. Not sure why you have so much disdain for this guy. He may not be great at prognostications but he does some good research and writes some good reviews. I do think his fancy new coif is pretty silly ... older fat guy trying to look like a player. biggrin.gif
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 7 2018, 01:10 PM) *

He actually brings up a lot of good points in the article. He noted the lack of talent several times and he was right. The Eagles added Jeffery, Smith, Blount, Ajayi, Long, Jernigan, Darby to name a few. That is a significant amount of additions.

Those players directly addressed his list of weaknesses described in the following quote from the article:

"The reality is the Eagles have the NFL’s worst group of wide receivers, they once again need wholesale changes at cornerback, they don’t have a franchise running back, they’re desperate for a pass rusher and there are serious questions up and down the offensive line."

Jeffery and Smith addressed the WRs, Darby addressed CB, Blount and Ajayi addressed RB. Jernigan and Long addressed pass rusher. I find it amazing that the Eagles addressed so many of the needs cited in the article.
One
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Feb 7 2018, 08:44 AM) *
I find it amazing that the Eagles addressed so many of the needs cited in the article.

More, that the guys they got added so much on the field.
Birdwatcher

In his defense, once the team was assembled (months after that article) he saw the potential before many others. Read his stuff through the season and you will see a guy who realized what was going on before many others did. In past seasons where we brought in FAs to fill gaping holes it never worked, but somehow Howie/Douglass found a way to do just that and have it work. BTW, he was also vehemently against trading Mathews, wondering how we would replace his yards, but once Algholor showed he was better than Mathews in the slot, he admitted he was wrong. Despite what he thought in January, before most of the 2017 roster was even set, he was one of the first to see how special this team was once it hit the turf in September.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 7 2018, 09:10 AM) *

You must be new to the Philadelphia sports media.....Cataldi is still allowed to talk for 5 hours a day.

I almost listened to the Morning Show on Monday morning.....almost.
Joegrane
In general I don't have a problem with his article. Apparently many others in the NFL agree because Roseman was named Exec of the year.

The number of Eagles who exceeded expectations is RIDICULOUS most of whom were either 2017 FAs or draft picks:

The entire O Line except Peters and Seumalo
Both QBs
C Clement, L Blount who looked slow and washed up in preseason.
Alshon J who could have been injured or a head case, N Agholor, Hollins
Kendricks, Mills, R Douglas, P Robinson
J Elliott, K Barner

The number of players who have been a disappointment are relatively few and most of those were having a good year before becoming injured: Smallwood, Pumphrey, Sproles, Peters, Hicks, Sturgis, Seumalo, . Maybe: T Smith, Gibson, S Jones, Celek, Jurnagan, Warmack.

D Rock
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Feb 7 2018, 02:10 PM) *

He wasn’t wrong. The roster was a mess January 2017.

What he (none of us for that matter) could know is that Howie would add the likes of Chris Long, Jernigan, Alshon, Torrey, Darby, Robinson, Foles, Blount, Ajayi, Clemmont, Hollins, Barnett. (Who am I missing?)

That’s a HUGE roster overhaul in a single year. And he managed to do it with unusually little available cap space. It’s no wonder he won Exec of the Year.

Fantastic Job, by Howie & Douglas.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 7 2018, 08:29 PM) *
He wasn’t wrong. The roster was a mess January 2017.

What he (none of us for that matter) could know is that Howie would add the likes of Chris Long, Jernigan, Alshon, Torrey, Darby, Robinson, Foles, Blount, Ajayi, Clemmont, Hollins, Barnett. (Who am I missing?)

That’s a HUGE roster overhaul in a single year. And he managed to do it with unusually little available cap space. It’s no wonder he won Exec of the Year.

Fantastic Job, by Howie & Douglas.

What's even more impressive is that we put together all those new names and had the tightest knit team I can ever remember. Truly have never seen a team connected like this.

That scene of them running into the field on Sunday was unreal.
nephillymike
Bwah!

Maybe I wasn't dreaming a SB win.

Nothing like an RF Roob rant to pinch me into reality! tongue.gif

What was said above, Roob changed his tune early and was predicting a 10-6 division winner while most of us saw 9-7, 8-8 mediocre.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Feb 8 2018, 04:02 AM) *
What's even more impressive is that we put together all those new names and had the tightest knit team I can ever remember. Truly have never seen a team connected like this.

That scene of them running into the field on Sunday was unreal.

Truth.

That’s all coaching. Treat ‘em like men, hold them accountable, but allow them to self police, and recognize they’re human.

Coaching matters more in the NFL than in any other major sport.

My opinion of the DP hire at the time was “meh.” Felt like sloppy 2nds at the time (although I’m unable to remember who the consensus ‘1st choice’ was, at the time).

I credit this unbelievable run to Doug and his staff 1st and foremost, with Howie and the FO a close 2nd.

To guide a team through, and build a roster capable of withstanding the loss of players like Wentz, Sproles, Peters, Hicks, Walker, Marragos, is nothing short of LEGENDARY.

D Rock
And I’m going to take this chance to publicly admit I have a serious man crush on Chris Long.

Didja all see the doc about the project he heads up, comprised of about a dozen current and former players, where they raise money, and physically go and build solar powered, self sustainable water wells & pumps in Zambia and surrounding desert areas? They’ve brought fresh water to literally hundreds of thousands of humans who had little to no access to clean water.

Born to a life of privilege as the son of HOF NFL player, the many things he’s done with his own financial achievements is beyond admirable. The world would be a hell of a lot better place with more cut from his cloth.

Simply badass.
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 8 2018, 01:12 AM) *
And I’m going to take this chance to publicly admit I have a serious man crush on Chris Long.

Didja all see the doc about the project he heads up, comprised of about a dozen current and former players, where they raise money, and physically go and build solar powered, self sustainable water wells & pumps in Zambia and surrounding desert areas? They’ve brought fresh water to literally hundreds of thousands of humans who had little to no access to clean water.

Born to a life of privilege as the son of HOF NFL player, the many things he’s done with his own financial achievements is beyond admirable. The world would be a hell of a lot better place with more cut from his cloth.

Simply badass.

True. I did not know he did this. Impressive as always!

My man crush is B. Graham. I had limited dealings with him in years past and his friendliness back then as a green NFL player is the same today with all of his success. A real nice guy. So happy his effort was responsible for the game saving play.

From what we hear, this team is a bunch of nice guys. Always love that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.