Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTF. McDaniels reneged on the Colts
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Schwartz, Reich and DiFlippo all rumored to be candidates.

sad.gif
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 7 2018, 12:12 AM) *
Schwartz, Reich and DiFlippo all rumored to be candidates.

sad.gif

Maybe the bigger picture can cheer you up, good article by Roob here:

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...d-looooong-time
nephillymike
Nice article, but I don't want "our guys" to leave!
D Rock
That colts job is shite. Anybody who takes it will be gone in 3 seasons. Still, a good chunk-a-change, but your rep will take a hit. That’s why Josh pulled out. He can’t have a 2nd failure on his rep.
Rick
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 7 2018, 10:48 AM) *
That colts job is shite. Anybody who takes it will be gone in 3 seasons. Still, a good chunk-a-change, but your rep will take a hit. That’s why Josh pulled out. He can’t have a 2nd failure on his rep.

I love when people say this kind of thing. You do understand there are 32 HC jobs in the WORLD (for the NFL) right? It may not be a perfect situation but anyone who wants to be a HC--who doesn't have a track record as a HC--would be ridiculously-stupid for turning down the opportunity. You never know if/when you'll get another opportunity.

Belicheat coached in Cleveland. You think that's where he wanted to coach?
D Rock
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 7 2018, 05:32 PM) *
I love when people say this kind of thing. You do understand there are 32 HC jobs in the WORLD (for the NFL) right? It may not be a perfect situation but anyone who wants to be a HC--who doesn't have a track record as a HC--would be ridiculously-stupid for turning down the opportunity. You never know if/when you'll get another opportunity.

Belicheat coached in Cleveland. You think that's where he wanted to coach?

Didn’t McDaniels already get a HC gig and fail? These guys universally get a 2nd bite at the apple, but rarely get a 3rd after failing twice.
One
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 7 2018, 11:39 AM) *
Didn’t McDaniels already get a HC gig and fail? These guys universally get a 2nd bite at the apple, but rarely get a 3rd after failing twice.

He failed in Denver I think.
Joegrane
Reich has never been a HC at any level according to this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Reich

So maybe it is his dream to be a HC, even if just once. If so, there is no better time than this. The success of the HC with "emotional intelligence" in Philly and the rave reviews that the Eagles Offensive coaches have gotten might open an opportunity for the seemingly soft-spoken Reich.

His strong Christian foundation will be a problem for some GMs but might be a fit for relatively conservative Indiana.

He went to HS in Lebanon PA. His father was drafted by the Eagles. Since Reich is in his mid 50s, he could have parents in their 80s in fairly nearby Lebanon.

He was QB coach for the Colts some years ago under Dungy so the folks there know him somewhat.

Going to a team with a franchise QB is attractive. Reich would have to figure a way to keep A Luck healthy. They would likely struggle to compete in the resurgent AFC South.

Reich has been on a number of teams so should have plenty of connections for building a staff.

I would not be surprised if Reich is content to settle down and ride the wave in Philly. He has bounced around the country somewhat over the past 10 years.

If the Eagles lose one of Reich or Flip they should be okay. I bet Flip would become OC in the event of a Reich departure.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 7 2018, 10:48 AM) *
Dreagon
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 7 2018, 09:48 AM) *

That would make a good reason for him never considering the job in the first place, but considering how close he came to taking it, I would have to think something else got him to that late decision. With all the reports of tension between kraft, belicek, and brady, I can't help but wonder if kraft didn't tell him it would be in his interest to hang around.
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Feb 8 2018, 01:42 AM) *
That would make a good reason for him never considering the job in the first place, but considering how close he came to taking it, I would have to think something else got him to that late decision. With all the reports of tension between kraft, belicek, and brady, I can't help but wonder if kraft didn't tell him it would be in his interest to hang around.

Perhaps. But, I wouldn’t want to follow Bellicheat in NewEngland. I’m thinking it more likely has something to do with the status of Luck’s shoulder. Obviously speculating.

mcnabbulous
If McDaniels doesn't get the NE job, I don't see any other team hiring him after that stunt.

Does any member of that organization have any integrity?
Wheeljack
Cheatriots gonna cheat. That McDaniels was a choice after Tebow tells me all I need to know about that org.

Name a Cheatriot castoff that's been good in the NFL. I hate that Vrabel is getting a HC job. One thing I loved about Philly Special is because it reminded me of that bullshit play from SB39.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.