Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Congrats old timers
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
It's a great day and it's been a long time coming. I'm still not even sure I know how to feel. When we recovered that fumble, I had decades worth of emotions run through my body.

With that said, I know there are so many of you, including those who no longer post here and even a small number that we lost, who have waited far longer than me for this day.

I hope you're enjoying every minute of it and it's everything you hoped it would be.

Go birds!
nephillymike
Welcome back friend!

Everyone comes home to celebrate a championship.

What a game.

What a season.

Super Bowl champs!

We need D Rock to check in.
Phits
It's still unreal, especially under the circumstances. I refused to believe that we were going to win...until we actually did. That jump ball Hail Mary bullshit really had me nervous. It would have just been the type of shitty ending to ruin our season and add to the Brady/Belichick mystique. Even when the ball bounced off the turf I waited until I was sure there were no flags.

The euphoria I felt with every "Yes" "Yay" or "Fuckin' Right!" is indescribable. No more do I have to put up with the shit from my staff, friends or associates about the Eagles not going anywhere. We won the SB vs the big bad Patriots, and we did it with style. We didn't back down from the bully and his mystique. We stood toe to toe with the 'GOAT' and took everything they could give us.

What made this SB win even sweeter is that (for the first time) my 7-year old son was excited to watch football. My doppelganger and I bonded over an Eagles SB win. He sat and watched the game with me and didn't get distracted by toys or books or any other stimuli. We cheered and booed together.

So fukkin' satisfying.
md717
Hmm. I'm not sure whether to accept the congrats or be chagrined that I'm an "old timer."

I'll figure it out and get back to you.
D Rock
I raised a glass to all you! Especially guys like Dutch, and Magoo.

Rick
I'm 48--not sure if I qualify for oldtimer status--and it feels so damn good. I still have to remind myself they're SB champs!

As I posted before the game, I was 11 and a huge Phillies fan when the Phillies won their first. My younger son is also 11 and a huge Eagles fan so this was destiny. wink.gif

We were going to go up for the parade but, unfortunately, they made it Thursday. I had cleared my schedule in case it was Tuesday or Wednesday but cannot do it for Thursday (keeping in mind it's a 12-hour drive from Jacksonville). This is my only regret--not being able to make the parade. It's going to be EPIC.

At least I was able to go to the NFC Championship game. I'll never forget that.

I'll also never forget the party we had here. Had about 40 people here--about 15 of us are true Eagles' fans. The rest were either Jaguar fans or some other fan. Had our Patriots' fan neighbors stop in before the game. The wife made some red, white and blue cookies and talked some smack to me. I ate a cookie in her face and told her, "This is the soul of Tom Brady and I'm eating all of it..."

We had a DJ speaker set up and played the Eagles Fight Song before the game, after each TD and at the end--like at the Linc. At first, it was just us Eagles fans singing. At the end the whole house was singing. The house was pumped and into the game the whole time. Was a great feeling. Not quite sitting at a bar in Center City but was a blast.

I shed a tear at times after the game--not going to lie--I'm so happy.

Eagles are the fucking Superbowl Champs baby!!!
One
ac6.gif I'm not in Magoo territory yet, but I think I'm getting close. 1960 was a long time ago ... the Cold War, JFK, Viet Nam, OPEC, the IRA, Khrushchev. I still think we were cheated in 1981 and again in 2005, 1981 was the first year I hosted a SB party.

Good years with Vermeil before his burnout, the strike and audacious Buddy, the genius Kotite laugh.gif , protecting our women with Rhodes, the unfulfilled glory of the Reid era and ED from Kelly led us to perceived emasculation with the hiring of Pederson that gives us our first Lombardi. Sweet! What a fucking ride. ac6.gif

I don't feel like I have to piss on the obnoxious cars emblazoned with blue stars any more. I still want to. I don't have pull out 4th and 26, pickle juice, bounty bowl or the House of Pain. I also can't see my reflection in an empty trophy case.

So FUCK YOU all you asshole Eagle bashers! This may be our first, but you better get your weak, sorry asses ready for a lot of misery because we're not only going to keep this train moving, we're going to run it through your living room so many times you'll have have a ticket office at your front door.

Dreagon excepted.
make_it_rain
I'm not old old timer per se - but I can remember clear as day when I first joined this board. It was the summer of 2011 - aka the "Dream Team" year. It was right after they signed Bambi Asamoghua.

We've seen a lot of ups and (mostly) downs with this team since then - the 2011 Dream team failure, the 4-12 disaster in 2012, the highs and lows of the Chip Kelly experiment, the 2013 playoff loss to the Saints. Chip's firing, Doug's hiring .... and now this.

WE FUCKING WON.

Cheers cheers.gif
Rick
QUOTE (One @ Feb 6 2018, 08:22 AM) *
...the genius Kotite laugh.gif ,

You had to mention him? You're killing my buzz here.... wink.gif
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (One @ Feb 6 2018, 01:22 PM) *
ac6.gif I'm not in Magoo territory yet, but I think I'm getting close. 1960 was a long time ago ... the Cold War, JFK, Viet Nam, OPEC, the IRA, Khrushchev. I still think we were cheated in 1981 and again in 2005, 1981 was the first year I hosted a SB party.

Good years with Vermeil before his burnout, the strike and audacious Buddy, the genius Kotite laugh.gif , protecting our women with Rhodes, the unfulfilled glory of the Reid era and ED from Kelly led us to perceived emasculation with the hiring of Pederson that gives us our first Lombardi. Sweet! What a fucking ride. ac6.gif

I don't feel like I have to piss on the obnoxious cars emblazoned with blue stars any more. I still want to. I don't have pull out 4th and 26, pickle juice, bounty bowl or the House of Pain. I also can't see my reflection in an empty trophy case.

So FUCK YOU all you asshole Eagle bashers! This may be our first, but you better get your weak, sorry asses ready for a lot of misery because we're not only going to keep this train moving, we're going to run it through your living room so many times you'll have have a ticket office at your front door.

Dreagon excepted.

You skipped Marion!
Rick
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Feb 7 2018, 06:21 AM) *
You skipped Marion!

Ouch!
One
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Feb 7 2018, 06:21 AM) *
You skipped Marion!

Intentionally. I loved him as DC but then he drafted Michael Haddix and said "you can't teach speed" ... ugh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.