Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I was wrong...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Rick
Yup, I was wrong. I was wrong about Pederson. The man out-coached Belicheat last night. Schooled him IMO. He never blinked when others cringed in fear (Jaguars? Falcons?). He never panicked. He believed in his players. He put his players in the right situations so they could succeed. He built a TEAM.

I was also wrong about Agholar. I was someone yelling for him to be cut after last season. Couldn't say enough bad things about the guy. He proved he belongs in the NFL and did a lot of great things for this team this season and (especially) last night. For him to have turned things around like he did shows his character. I respect that and very proud to have him on the team.

I was also wrong about this season being over when Wentz went down. I thought we'd do alright but maybe be one and done in the playoffs. Not because I think Foles isn't good but, in my words, "Wentz is special, Foles is just good. Special is what helps win SBs." I was wrong. Foles proved he is special two weeks and last night. Special in a different way than Wentz but special. So happy for him as well.

The best part is they are now Superbowl Champions. I have never been so happy to be so wrong...
The Franchise
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 5 2018, 05:59 PM) *
Yup, I was wrong. I was wrong about Pederson. The man out-coached Belicheat last night. Schooled him IMO. He never blinked when others cringed in fear (Jaguars? Falcons?). He never panicked. He believed in his players. He put his players in the right situations so they could succeed. He built a TEAM.

I was also wrong about Agholar. I was someone yelling for him to be cut after last season. Couldn't say enough bad things about the guy. He proved he belongs in the NFL and did a lot of great things for this team this season and (especially) last night. For him to have turned things around like he did shows his character. I respect that and very proud to have him on the team.

I was also wrong about this season being over when Wentz went down. I thought we'd do alright but maybe be one and done in the playoffs. Not because I think Foles isn't good but, in my words, "Wentz is special, Foles is just good. Special is what helps win SBs." I was wrong. Foles proved he is special two weeks and last night. Special in a different way than Wentz but special. So happy for him as well.

The best part is they are now Superbowl Champions. I have never been so happy to be so wrong...

You were wrong about Blount too. Sorry I had to. biggrin.gif

As a fan base we were almost absurdly confident going into this game - why is that? Well, because of what you say - Pederson built a juggernaut team that can lose key starters, including the REAL league MVP, and still drop embarrassing losses on other elite teams. Last night we were all nervous at times, but we were clearly the better team. Frankly, I think more rings are coming our way in the next few years.

Rick
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Feb 5 2018, 05:17 PM) *
You were wrong about Blount too. Sorry I had to. biggrin.gif

Sorry but no, I never said a bad thing about the man. I was with you on how good he is. I never questioned him. At least I got 1 thing right... wink.gif

Damn this feels good! Superbowl Champs!!! I still can't believe it!
Joegrane
my concern is that may be Nick & CW are not as special as we think. Maybe the coaches, Oline, skillguys are more responsible

QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 5 2018, 04:59 PM) *

One
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Feb 5 2018, 07:31 PM) *
my concern is that may be Nick & CW are not as special as we think. Maybe the coaches, Oline, skillguys are more responsible
STOP! Please, Joe. We just won the SB in what has been probably the most special season I've ever witnessed and you're being gloomy. The coaches are special because they coached the talent out of the players. There's no reason both the coach and the player can't contribute.
Phits

Dude...you sound like such a downer. We won the Superbowl. Who gives a rats ass how special any individual player is?
nephillymike
Shit, I Was wrong about much, but I got the most important thing right.

I chose to be a fan of the best fucking team in the NFL, the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles!

Rick

Seriously!!?? I guess you probably still think the Vikings are the better team, too.

How about STFU with your negative attitude. I think we're all sick of your negative comments about anything anyone posts.
D Rock
Joe has single handedly chased away half of this boards’ population...

STFU Joe.
Rick
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 6 2018, 10:46 AM) *

STFU Joe.

Dilly! Dilly!
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Feb 5 2018, 09:48 PM) *
Shit, I Was wrong about much, but I got the most important thing right.

I chose to be a fan of the best fucking team in the NFL, the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles!

I am no longer questioning turning my sons into Eagles' fans. wink.gif
CT_Eagle
I took a wait and see approach with Pederson when he was hired. Then I quickly began to have doubts. The team last year was very undisciplined and he was showing signs of being too pass happy. As I look back through my posts concerning Pederson I can see my opinion of him change from thinking he would not be successful to supporting him. I firmly became a believer in Pederson after the Carolina game this season.

So for me, sorry Doug for taking a little over a season to be convinced.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Rick @ Feb 7 2018, 11:17 AM) *
I am no longer questioning turning my sons into Eagles' fans. wink.gif

Safe to say that they're no longer questioning you about it laugh.gif
Reality Fan
QUOTE (D Rock @ Feb 6 2018, 10:46 AM) *

STFU Joe.

Amen....
Rick
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Feb 7 2018, 03:34 PM) *
Safe to say that they're no longer questioning you about it laugh.gif

True...very true...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.