Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Three selfish reasons they win tomorrow
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
eagleaddict
1. Living in LA; went to both west coast home games. Four years ago, my bride and I wrote our own vows. She promised to cry with me if they lose the SB and drink a beer with me if they win. I’ve got a can of Yuengling my dad brought out last week with her name written on it.

2. I’ve since converted my wife’s entire family into Eagles fans. My 8 year old nephew proudly wore his Eagles jersey to school on Friday and was teased to the point of tears that the Eagles suck and will lose on Sunday. He has no father in his life and he’s under my wing so to speak. He’s the best student in his class and was bullied to the point that he didn’t want to do any schoolwork. He needs to walk in Monday with his head up high.

3. I’m a Cubs fan as it was my first little league team. The WS win was one of the great sports moments of my life. I can feel the raw emotions of a Birds win tomorrow will be a million times more powerful.

E A G L E S Eagles!!!!!!
md717
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Feb 4 2018, 12:01 AM) *
He has no father in his life and he’s under my wing so to speak.
Good for you, man. And good for the kid. Boys need dads. Keep on keepin' on -- might be the most important thing you do in your life next to raising your own kids at some point.
Eyrie
On point 3, I've been there.

A couple of years ago my "soccer" team (one of the five biggest in Scotland) ended a 114 year wait to win the Scottish Cup. I'm looking forward to the same mix of relief, disbelief and euphoria tomorrow morning.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Feb 4 2018, 12:01 AM) *
1. Living in LA; went to both west coast home games. Four years ago, my bride and I wrote our own vows. She promised to cry with me if they lose the SB and drink a beer with me if they win. I’ve got a can of Yuengling my dad brought out last week with her name written on it.

2. I’ve since converted my wife’s entire family into Eagles fans. My 8 year old nephew proudly wore his Eagles jersey to school on Friday and was teased to the point of tears that the Eagles suck and will lose on Sunday. He has no father in his life and he’s under my wing so to speak. He’s the best student in his class and was bullied to the point that he didn’t want to do any schoolwork. He needs to walk in Monday with his head up high.

3. I’m a Cubs fan as it was my first little league team. The WS win was one of the great sports moments of my life. I can feel the raw emotions of a Birds win tomorrow will be a million times more powerful.

E A G L E S Eagles!!!!!!

On that Cubs thing:

I'm a Cleveland Cavaliers fan going back to the team that got its hopes dashed by Michael Jordan.
I moved to Cleveland right as the Andy Reid teams were taking off, and LeBron James was drafted.
At the same time I watched both the Cavs and Eagles rise to the ultimate game and fell short, losing repeatedly in the playoffs.

The Decision happened. Heat go on to dominate.
Watched Andy get fired, Chip Kelly blow up the team, Cheatriots cheat, etc.

LeBron comes back in 2014, Cavs get rapidly realigned and go to the Finals. But major injuries dashed their hopes.
The Warriors, the winners, go on to win 73 in the next season. They escape going down 3-1 in a controversial series with Oklahoma City. That team faces the Cavs and the Cavs find themselves down 3-1. LeBron and Kyrie proceed to destroy them in 2 straight games, then win the title in a nail biter in the Warriors' arena.

That was an amazing. And the parade that followed? Many places of work shut down. There was a mass of people coming into the city to celebrate the end of a 52-year old drought.

I have the same feeling after OKC choked away a 3-1 win and the Cavs had to face the 73-win Warriors right now.

I've watched too much Cheatriot wins and the Eagles not winning to be super hype and thus I'm a little jaded.
But these Eagles have defied me after all their losses. Particularly Peters and Wentz, which I thought meant the end.
Then they won over Atlanta. I really thought that the Eagles were lucky to win that game. After they sent the #1 NFL defense home....and demolished them? Man.

If the Eagles pull this off, it's gonna be like the 2016 Cavs all over again.
Zero
QUOTE (md717 @ Feb 4 2018, 05:00 AM) *
Good for you, man. And good for the kid. Boys need dads. Keep on keepin' on -- might be the most important thing you do in your life next to raising your own kids at some point.

I have to agree with md on this. Having your team win a championship is something that will stay with you for the rest of your life, loving and mentoring a child is something that will stay with them for the rest of their life and, hopefully carry on to another life.
eagleaddict
QUOTE (Zero @ Feb 4 2018, 07:33 AM) *
I have to agree with md on this. Having your team win a championship is something that will stay with you for the rest of your life, loving and mentoring a child is something that will stay with them for the rest of their life and, hopefully carry on to another life.

Guess who was able to walk through school with his head up high, smiling at the bullies in his Eagles gear?

And my wife drank that beer.

And it was way better than my Cubbies but in the same dramatic fashion!
nephillymike
QUOTE (eagleaddict @ Feb 7 2018, 12:20 PM) *
Guess who was able to walk through school with his head up high, smiling at the bullies in his Eagles gear?

And my wife drank that beer.

And it was way better than my Cubbies but in the same dramatic fashion!

Nice!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.