Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles Roster Move
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
MLB Joe Walker was placed on IR.

That opens a spot for CB Sidney Jones, the Eagles 2017 2nd round draft pick. I think the Eagles have to make a decision on his participation by early next week.

"Head coach Doug Pederson hinted broadly earlier Friday that Jones would be activated for the Eagles' meaningless game Sunday afternoon against the Cowboys"
http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...ot-sidney-jones
Joegrane
WELCOME ABOARD SIDNEY JONES!

The Eagles activated Jones, the injured CB who was the Eagles 2017 2nd round pick. He'll play on Sunday.

I don't expect him to be active for the playoff game unless a DB is injured but this is still exciting to me.

When was the last time we had a good secondary, especially a good pair of corners. With Darby, Jones, Mills and Douglas I think next year will be the first time in more than ten years!

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 29 2017, 04:56 PM) *
MLB Joe Walker was placed on IR.

That opens a spot for CB Sidney Jones, the Eagles 2017 2nd round draft pick. I think the Eagles have to make a decision on his participation by early next week.

"Head coach Doug Pederson hinted broadly earlier Friday that Jones would be activated for the Eagles' meaningless game Sunday afternoon against the Cowboys"
http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagl...ot-sidney-jones

nephillymike
Before the injury, he was a top 15 pick. Rookie CB struggle early so I'm not expecting too much.

With Walker going to the IR, you'd think we need to get a LB from the PS for the playoffs.

We didn't have much LB depth even before he got injured.

As far as Sunday, he's fresh meat to take snaps away from the other guys and give them rest. That's fine by me. I can't see us keeping him on the 53 and being light at LB.
The Franchise
If he shows up and plays well he could earn a spot for the playoffs. Here's hoping.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.