Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: At last, Seattle should be a competitive game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
It will be nice to have one.

It's been a while !
rumply
Yes this team desperately needs a tough game after that very sloppy second half performance - a litany of fouls, fumbles and some poor Wentz throwing got me all flustered for a while but at least the dance steps were in tune.

This team needs a loss.
The Franchise
I expect them to go into Seattle and get another big win, I'm not sure why people are expecting this to be any closer than some of our other games. At least a 10 point victory.

As for the 'we need to lose' crowd, nobody in pro sports has that kind of loser mentality. What we 'need' to do is run the table and keep kicking people's asses. I guess that mentality as a fan is what happens when you don't win a championship in 57 years. It's horseshit.
Joegrane
I tend to agree with you because this team seems to have the leadership to keep them mentally grounded, humble and hungry. (Hopefully Ajayi will also learn that quickly)

A game against a playoff contender where the Eagles barely get a W would not be bad, maybe a situation where a D Lineman tips a ball at the line saving a TD or critical 1st down or other similar situation.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Nov 27 2017, 02:15 PM) *
I expect them to go into Seattle and get another big win, I'm not sure why people are expecting this to be any closer than some of our other games. At least a 10 point victory.

As for the 'we need to lose' crowd, nobody in pro sports has that kind of loser mentality. What we 'need' to do is run the table and keep kicking people's asses. I guess that mentality as a fan is what happens when you don't win a championship in 57 years. It's horseshit.

The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 27 2017, 04:11 PM) *
I tend to agree with you because this team seems to have the leadership to keep them mentally grounded, humble and hungry. (Hopefully Ajayi will also learn that quickly)

A game against a playoff contender where the Eagles barely get a W would not be bad, maybe a situation where a D Lineman tips a ball at the line saving a TD or critical 1st down or other similar situation.

Just last week we were down at the half to Dallas, who was a playoff contender at the time - Then we dropped 30 on them in the 2nd half and shut them out. That's good enough for me.

I think the first half of the Seattle game will probably be close, they're at home and still no slouches. But I really expect this to be another 2 score win for us.
Zero
Philadelphia opened up as 5.5 point favorites against the Seahawks in Seattle this week. 5.5 point favorites!

That’s the most points a road team has been favored by in Seattle dating all the way back to 2012. Six years ago!
Linc ...
Pila
I fully expect the Eagles to win both games.
rumply
Not playing the Cowboys or Bears the next 2 weeks & any sort of repeat of yesterdays 2nd half circus will only end in tears.

I trust the coaching staff will crack some whips this week & get the group refocused because they sure as shit need it.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 27 2017, 06:21 PM) *
[indent][/indent]Linc ...

That's incredible.

That line means at the Linc would be Eagles -11.5.

That -5.5 seems off.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 27 2017, 10:58 PM) *
That's incredible.

That line means at the Linc would be Eagles -11.5.

That -5.5 seems off.

I don't bet so I'm not sure how to read this:
Philadelphia at Seattle - Sun, Dec 3, 8:30 PM ET (378)
POINT SPREAD TOTAL MONEY LINE
Westgate -5 PHI: -110 47.5 O/U o: -110 PHI: 0
5 SEA: -110 u: -110 SEA: 0
Caesar's -5 PHI: -110 47 O/U o: -110 PHI: 0
William Hill -5.5 PHI: -110 47.5 O/U o: -110 PHI: -240
5.5 SEA: -110 u: -110 SEA: +200
Wynn -5 PHI: -110 47.5 O/U o: -110 PHI: 0
CG Technology -5 PHI: -110 47 O/U o: -110 PHI: -220
5 SEA: -110 u: -110 SEA: +185
Unibet -4.5 PHI: -112 46.5 O/U o: -109 PHI: -222
4.5 SEA: -105 u: -109 SEA: +185
nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 28 2017, 05:28 AM) *
I don't bet so I'm not sure how to read this:
Philadelphia at Seattle - Sun, Dec 3, 8:30 PM ET (378)
POINT SPREAD TOTAL MONEY LINE
Westgate -5 PHI: -110 47.5 O/U o: -110 PHI: 0
Caesar's -5 PHI: -110 47 O/U o: -110 PHI: 0
William Hill -5.5 PHI: -110 47.5 O/U o: -110 PHI: -240
5.5 SEA: -110 u: -110 SEA: +200
Wynn -5 PHI: -110 47.5 O/U o: -110 PHI: 0
CG Technology -5 PHI: -110 47 O/U o: -110 PHI: -220
5 SEA: -110 u: -110 SEA: +185
Unibet -4.5 PHI: -112 46.5 O/U o: -109 PHI: -222
4.5 SEA: -105 u: -109 SEA: +185

It means the line is anywhere from -4.5 to - 5.5 and you have to bet 11 to win 10.

If you get the Eagles to win straight up, it costs you 220 to 240 to win 100.
Zero
That's not what I meant. Does this mean the bookies think the Eagles will win outright by 8.5 points?
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 28 2017, 12:37 PM) *
That's not what I meant. Does this mean the bookies think the Eagles will win outright by 8.5 points?

No. Bookies don't think. They just respond to betting appetites. The point spread is strictly a response to even the betting. If action is heavy on one team, they'll sweeten the odds (spread) to promote betting on the other.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 28 2017, 06:37 AM) *

Moneyline has to do with %, not points. As in, with a -285 moneyline the Eagles are considered to have a roughly 74% chance of winning. The spread at 5.5 is exactly what Vegas thinks they should win by. After initial release, the spread will slide up or down depending on the action, as a bookie's goal is to have half of bettors on one side, and the other half on the other.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 28 2017, 12:37 PM) *

The goal of a bookie is to get an equal amount of betters on both sides of the equation. If they see that more betters are putting money on one team they adjust the spread to try to even it out.
The Franchise
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Nov 28 2017, 02:00 PM) *
The goal of a bookie is to get an equal amount of betters on both sides of the equation. If they see that more betters are putting money on one team they adjust the spread to try to even it out.

Is there an echo in here?
Zero
Thanks, guys. So the bottom line is that gambling is fixed? laugh.gif
CanadianEaglesFan11
No one is talking about the Rams. They are a playoff contender and a very good team. The next 2 games should be competitive and will test the Eagles defensive. The Rams surely will test our run defence. I still believe that the Eagles will up wins in both games but The score will be a lot closer than previous games.
nephillymike
I saw this site that rates sports betting prediction sites.

There were like 60 or so sites listed.

Over the last three years, the highest rated site had a 53% winning clip.

You need 54-55% to break even after the vig so essentially notvone prediction site covered. Now they had to pick every game, so it wasn't like they were just using best bets.
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 29 2017, 12:17 PM) *
Thanks, guys. So the bottom line is that gambling is fixed? laugh.gif

No, it means the bookie never loses, especially if there's enough "velocity". The risk for bookies is the realization of long odds in small books. Big houses can easily cover these types of events.

The outcome isn't fixed - the individual gambler has legitimate chances.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Pila @ Nov 29 2017, 10:15 PM) *
No, it means the bookie never loses, especially if there's enough "velocity".

Yes. That's why they're called 'bookies' instead of 'poor people.' laugh.gif
Pila
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Nov 30 2017, 07:19 AM) *
Yes. That's why they're called 'bookies' instead of 'poor people.' laugh.gif

"Poor people who keep books"! tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.