Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Thanksgiving
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Watch ---> Happy Thanksgiving <--- Watch
nephillymike
Happy Thanksgiving to you Z and all our board brethren!
Joegrane
Thank you for the Thanksgiving greetings. Same to you and everyone.

Wow, I am surprised that the Cowboys laid another egg today vs the rather average Chargers. I understand that the loss of another Pro Bowl O Lineman will hurt but they were dominated. When they beat the Chiefs I thought they had turned around their season. Now I wonder who they can beat, even when their Pro Bowl OG returns.

One good thing is that we won't have to hear any more about Dak vs Carson. Dak has shit the bed two weeks in a row. I suppose his confidence will bounce back due to all of the success last year, but it will be a gut check for him.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 23 2017, 12:43 PM) *
Happy Thanksgiving to you Z and all our board brethren!

nephillymike
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 23 2017, 08:59 PM) *
Thank you for the Thanksgiving greetings. Same to you and everyone.

Wow, I am surprised that the Cowboys laid another egg today vs the rather average Chargers. I understand that the loss of another Pro Bowl O Lineman will hurt but they were dominated. When they beat the Chiefs I thought they had turned around their season. Now I wonder who they can beat, even when their Pro Bowl OG returns.

One good thing is that we won't have to hear any more about Dak vs Carson. Dak has shit the bed two weeks in a row. I suppose his confidence will bounce back due to all of the success last year, but it will be a gut check for him.

Dallas has no heart; Tinmen.

They quit against us and they quit today on that one INT return when they went down by two TDs.

You can't coach heart.

They're done.
Zero
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 23 2017, 10:25 PM) *
Dallas has no heart; Tinmen.

They quit against us and they quit today on that one INT return when they went down by two TDs.

You can't coach heart.

They're done.

I think the coach and Jones are part of the problem. It's really pretty stunning how much difference one player has made with that team.
JeeQ
I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't be motivated to play for Jerruh "If you sit for the anthem you're benched" Jones
Joegrane
Dreagon, how did the Cowboys manage to put up 38 pts, while RB A Morris gained 127 yards on 27(!) carries, a 4.7 average?

I did not see the game but I see that total yards were roughly equal. I assume 4 Skins turnovers and a Cowboys special teams TD were important.

It doesn't seem that Dak was a major factor ( 11/22 102 yards w/ 4.6 avg ). How do you only have a 50% completion rate when throwing for 4.6 avg ?
http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400951672

I realize the Skins are below average in Yds/carry this year (4.3) but I bet that the Cowboys O Line situation was a major factor. All of their O Line starters played for the first time in several weeks.

Zeke who?

That is an example of why so many RBs who went on to be productive were selected in the 3rd round.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Dec 1 2017, 08:31 PM) *
Dreagon, how did the Cowboys manage to put up 38 pts, while RB A Morris gained 127 yards on 27(!) carries, a 4.7 average?

I did not see the game but I see that total yards were roughly equal. I assume 4 Skins turnovers and a Cowboys special teams TD were important.

It doesn't seem that Dak was a major factor ( 11/22 102 yards w/ 4.6 avg ). How do you only have a 50% completion rate when throwing for 4.6 avg ?
http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400951672

I realize the Skins are below average in Yds/carry this year (4.3) but I bet that the Cowboys O Line situation was a major factor. All of their O Line starters played for the first time in several weeks.

Zeke who?

That is an example of why so many RBs who went on to be productive were selected in the 3rd round.

I haven't really looked at the stats yet, but I'm betting they don't really tell the story of that game.

The simple fact is the Redskins (other than Cousins) were playing BAD. It's not that they were just making mistakes, it seemed like they were making them in the worst possible way at the worst possible time.
The offensive lines were the other story. Ours seemed to firing on all cylinders again, while their's were playing like Kirk Cousins stiffed them on a resturant bill. I think he only got sacked three times, but he was running for his life a lot.
nephillymike
I was watching the Sixers game and flipping to the football game here and there. I missed many of the TDs but I was surprised at the lopsided score.

I checked the stats.

Both teams had about 280 yards offense, with the Skins having a few more.

Difference was 4 turnovers to 0.

That will make an even match up a lopsided rout.

Neither of these teams are playoff caliber.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.