Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Biggest coaching mistake this year
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Maragos was our backup kicker! Seems like after he went down they didn't bother to get another one ready.
It worked out and ironically it was Maragos' replacement that stepped up, but they should have prepared for that contingency.
nephillymike
It amazes me that punter D. Jones couldn't step up.

I mean, you kick the ball. His leg has got to be strong to use in an emergency, as opposed to a LB who has never kicked in a game.

Didn't Celek kick in a punch a few years ago when a kicker went down during a game?

I thought he did or someone like him did. It was ugly, but functional.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 22 2017, 07:53 PM) *
It amazes me that punter D. Jones couldn't step up.

I mean, you kick the ball. His leg has got to be strong to use in an emergency, as opposed to a LB who has never kicked in a game.

Didn't Celek kick in a punch a few years ago when a kicker went down during a game?

I thought he did or someone like him did. It was ugly, but functional.

Jones only solves the kickoff issue considering he is the holder for PATs and FGs
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 22 2017, 08:08 PM) *
Jones only solves the kickoff issue considering he is the holder for PATs and FGs

True about the holder part.

But the should have a backup holder, no?
The Franchise
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 22 2017, 07:28 PM) *
Maragos was our backup kicker! Seems like after he went down they didn't bother to get another one ready.
It worked out and ironically it was Maragos' replacement that stepped up, but they should have prepared for that contingency.

The biggest coaching mistake of the year was 4th and 8. laugh.gif

Anyways, Elliott is expected to be available, and if he wasn't they would have activated Sturgis. I doubt this will be a problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.