Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who gives a shit post
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
The Broncos fired Mike McCoy, the scapegoat of the year so far. Before the Eagles hired Kelly, McCoy was one of the coaches I was hoping would come to the Eagles. It's funny that he did such a good job as OC of the Broncos that he was a top interview for a bunch of teams that year but now sucks enough to be fired. Does anyone think that maybe it's either the HC or the talent he has to work with?

The only reason I care even a little bit is the chance of the Eagles losing (not loosing wink.gif ) Reich and DeFillipo in February. McCoy was supposed to be a QB guru and the offense will still be Pederson's.
HobbEs
Not sure about those two but Jim Schwartz could get a lot of attention.
Joegrane
Is there a preference in the NFL for the HC to be an offensive coach? If so, there should be less interest in Schwartz. Also he has already failed as a HC. He had the opportunity to be a HC even if it did not go as well as he had wanted. Finally he just might want to hang around for a little longer with this group he has assembled. He might be enjoying this gig too much.

I fully expect some other coaches to be lured away, starting with DeFillipo.

Reich does not strike me as having a HC personality. Of course neither does Pedey, unless he was hired to be a "glue guy" HC to set the family atmosphere that Lurie likes.

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 21 2017, 08:20 AM) *
The Broncos fired Mike McCoy, the scapegoat of the year so far. Before the Eagles hired Kelly, McCoy was one of the coaches I was hoping would come to the Eagles. It's funny that he did such a good job as OC of the Broncos that he was a top interview for a bunch of teams that year but now sucks enough to be fired. Does anyone think that maybe it's either the HC or the talent he has to work with?

The only reason I care even a little bit is the chance of the Eagles losing (not loosing wink.gif ) Reich and DeFillipo in February. McCoy was supposed to be a QB guru and the offense will still be Pederson's.

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Nov 21 2017, 09:16 AM) *
Not sure about those two but Jim Schwartz could get a lot of attention.

If I was Jeff or Howie, I would be opening the checkbook and giving most of the coaching staff big raises after the season to keep the staff as intact as possible. Enough $$$ could sway a guy from leaving a winning situation to take over a hot mess (which is usually the case when coaches are hired). Schwartz was already a HC and should know how precarious any new HC job is, not to mention what it would take to turn a bad team around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.