Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm calling it now
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Chargers beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

We put a hurtin' on them and they ain't recovering by then.

JeeQ
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 20 2017, 03:34 AM) *

After hanging 50+ on Buffalo and watching the Chiefs go down the Chargers feel they can make a run; and if they beat Dallas on Thursday they may be right
Joegrane
If the Cowboys pro bowl L OT is healthy and plays, the CBs will win at home. He's been a huge loss for them.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 20 2017, 05:34 AM) *

nephillymike
Since the Cowboys are two point dogs at home to the Chargers, it looks like others are seeing the same as I.

Bummed in a way, because I would have taken the Bolts plus a few points.

Going to stay away now. sad.gif

I'm liking DET as home dogs a little and may even hold my nose and take the Eli's plus seven.

Anyone?
Zero
I'm surprised by what we're seeing from both the Cowboys and the Eagles.

The Eagles have found a way to push all the right buttons, in the off season with player acquisition, player development in OTAs, in game preparation and with player selection and adjustments in games. They have character players, not just personalities but players who know how to study and put team before "me" - like Blount, Long, Celek, Smith, Jenkins. It filters down to the younger players who do what "those guys" do and it makes a difference when they have to play.

The Cowboys seem to go for the star (no pun intended). Players who appear more interested in the spotlight than they are in their teammates playing well. Elliot with "feed me" in contrast to Blount telling Pederson to let Clement get a hat trick on his birthday. When the stars go out with injury, the team's performance disappears.

I don't think it's as much about depth as it is about how that depth is coached and prepared. I'm impressed with what Pederson has done and I think some of it at least has to do with the attention the young guys and backups got in TC ... more reps makes them better prepared and they feel like they are integral to the team. "Next man up."
JeeQ
Two things happened last night:

The Chargers are officially the team to watch in the AFC West

Dak is single-handedly proving that having a talented RB makes all the difference in the world. I knew he'd regress without Zeke but he's falling off the damn map
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Nov 24 2017, 10:30 AM) *
Two things happened last night:

The Chargers are officially the team to watch in the AFC West

Dak is single-handedly proving that having a talented RB makes all the difference in the world. I knew he'd regress without Zeke but he's falling off the damn map

Having a talented RB makes all the difference in the world, when your QB is mediocre at best, seems to be a more applicable statement. Last year Zeke and the OLine made Dak look good, but losses on the OLine made them stumble before Zeke went out this year, they had lost 3 games with him playing before he exited. The way Denver shut him down this year told me his success had a lot to do with the line that was opening holes for him. Zeke is dangerous once he gets to the second level and has room to maneuver, but if you catch him at or behind the LOS he ain't so special.

The Franchise
It's looking more and more like Dak Prescott is a more expensive version of Nick Foles. Talk about a sophomore slump. And we're all loving it.
Dreagon
We simply aren't a good team right now.

Any sane GM would look at what was happening and use his first (and maybe second) pick this April to replace the losses in that line. But we shall see.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 24 2017, 04:48 PM) *
We simply aren't a good team right now.

Any sane GM would look at what was happening and use his first (and maybe second) pick this April to replace the losses in that line. But we shall see.

You don't think that a D that crumbles whenever Sean Lee is out doesn't need big upgrades too?
Dreagon
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 24 2017, 04:04 PM) *
You don't think that a D that crumbles whenever Sean Lee is out doesn't need big upgrades too?

Agreed. But we need to be able to put points on the board first.
Joegrane
So you are saying they should draft an OT in round 1, move Collins back inside to OG to strengthen two positions?

It seems you could use some higher quality depth on the O Line.

How is your cap situation looking for next year? Maybe you could get veteran depth that way. I recall you were really limited against the cap this year.

For example, the Eagles signed veteran OG/OC Wiz. last year to be that quality backup. He played in a number of games and was solid. He has done a nice job again this year.

Some teams can be fragile, in that, if they loose a key player, they really suffer. I think that is what happened to Dallas this year. Their D relied on the time of possession and field position benefits of having a good, efficient offense. The loss of the two Pro Bowl O Linemen plus elite RB took their toll.

I am surprised at the extent that Dak has been exposed. The comparison with N Foles is interesting. Quite frankly, was Foles ever that bad?

I thought it was rather pathetic that Dak made such a poor effort to tackle the DB during the 90 yd Int return. I'd expect something more from such an athletic guy, especially in such a big spot.

QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 24 2017, 05:17 PM) *
Agreed. But we need to be able to put points on the board first.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 24 2017, 05:18 PM) *
So you are saying they should draft an OT in round 1, move Collins back inside to OG to strengthen two positions?

It seems you could use some higher quality depth on the O Line.

How is your cap situation looking for next year? Maybe you could get veteran depth that way. I recall you were really limited against the cap this year.

For example, the Eagles signed veteran OG/OC Wiz. last year to be that quality backup. He played in a number of games and was solid. He has done a nice job again this year.

Some teams can be fragile, in that, if they loose a key player, they really suffer. I think that is what happened to Dallas this year. Their D relied on the time of possession and field position benefits of having a good, efficient offense. The loss of the two Pro Bowl O Linemen plus elite RB took their toll.

I am surprised at the extent that Dak has been exposed. The comparison with N Foles is interesting. Quite frankly, was Foles ever that bad?

I thought it was rather pathetic that Dak made such a poor effort to tackle the DB during the 90 yd Int return. I'd expect something more from such an athletic guy, especially in such a big spot.

I think Romo comes off the cap next year, so that should help. We shouldn't screw around and just go ahead and draft a left gaurd, or your solution with Collins moving back there is a good one too. It looks like we'll be picking somewhere in the middle of the round now, so we might have a better shot at a premium gaurd than a tackle.

Yep. Dak has to adapt. But on the bright side he is paid for and that gives us room to focus on other areas while we wait until we get a full sample of his work. We need to take advantage of that.

Yeah, by the time of that interception if was obvious we had laid down. Actually, I told my Dad at halftime he should ignore the score and look at what was actually happening out there on the field. Only one team had shown up to play, while the other was going through the motions and had benefitted from a couple of lucky breaks. It was nowhere near as close as the score said it was.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.