Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorry 04 team...this one is better
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Carson was not at his best, but still managed to engineer 5 TD drives.

Dak is not even close to Carson, he looked good with Zeke, but without him he is just an average QB.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 20 2017, 12:45 AM) *

Dak is not even close to Carson, he looked good with Zeke, but without him he is just an average QB.

jumpclap.gif
JeeQ
That sounds dangerously close to admitting good RBs matter... had to do it laugh.gif

Though Ajayi is doing my work for me. Comes in from another team in the middle of the season and has back to back 70+ yard games
nephillymike
I agree.

This is the best Eagles team I've seen.

And a great bunch of guys.

Proud night for Eagles fans.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 19 2017, 11:54 PM) *
This is the best Eagles team I've seen.

Ever? or since '04?
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Nov 20 2017, 12:21 AM) *
Ever? or since '04?

I've been watching since the 70's, and I don't recall any team as good as this one. Probably got to go back to 1960, which is a tad before my time.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 20 2017, 01:59 AM) *
I've been watching since the 70's, and I don't recall any team as good as this one. Probably got to go back to 1960, which is a tad before my time.

That makes me feel even better old-timer! laugh.gif
Joegrane
It will be interesting to hear Ray Didinger comparing the 1960 team.

Without Zeke they ran for > 100 yards with a 4. 1 average.

This was about inability to pass protect. They miss their Pro bowl L OT. That is why an OT goes in the Top 10 of the draft nearly every year.

The two Eagles RBs who made it to the End zone were undrafted and drafted in the 6th round.

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 19 2017, 11:45 PM) *

Rick
It was great to see them power through adversity in the first half and come out and just kick the shit out of the Cowgirls in the 2nd half.

Wentz--and the offense--was out of sync in the first half. That all changed in the 2nd half. I expected some of this after coming off the bye week. The key was Wentz didn't press and make stupid mistakes and turn the ball over.

I think--at least last night--it's obvious who the better QB is...

I'm thinking nobody wants a piece of the Eagles now. They're blowing teams out now. Let's hope they stay healthy. Need to get Jake healthy as well. While the 2-point conversions are fun--in a win--not being able to kick FGs will bite us in the ass in close games.
Zero
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 20 2017, 07:21 AM) *
It was great to see them power through adversity in the first half and come out and just kick the shit out of the Cowgirls in the 2nd half.

Wentz--and the offense--was out of sync in the first half. That all changed in the 2nd half. I expected some of this after coming off the bye week. The key was Wentz didn't press and make stupid mistakes and turn the ball over.

I think--at least last night--it's obvious who the better QB is...

I'm thinking nobody wants a piece of the Eagles now. They're blowing teams out now. Let's hope they stay healthy. Need to get Jake healthy as well. While the 2-point conversions are fun--in a win--not being able to kick FGs will bite us in the ass in close games.

Teams need to have at least the threat of a field goal. A nitpick maybe, but I was disappointed our ST coverage stepped back.

Dak is a good QB, but not elite. With the right pieces around him he does well, but was overwhelmed in back-to-back games now. Wentz is not only talented, but he doesn't seem to get rattled.

They better get this off time blues shit fixed if they're going to have a first round bye. Get to that level and first half ineptness can bury a team.
Eyrie
I think the key word there is "team" - this group just functions better together. The next man up philosophy doesn't just apply to injuries but to every player taking a turn at making something happen.

Watching the game as live this morning I was nervous about our first half problems letting Dallas hang around, but everyone stepped up in the second half to record a convincing win.
Joegrane
It is surprising that K Barner got a Red Zone touch and TD. Maybe that is part of their "next man up" philosophy. Those next men get reps in games too, so they know they have to prepare and be ready.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 20 2017, 07:15 AM) *
I think the key word there is "team" - this group just functions better together. The next man up philosophy doesn't just apply to injuries but to every player taking a turn at making something happen.

Watching the game as live this morning I was nervous about our first half problems letting Dallas hang around, but everyone stepped up in the second half to record a convincing win.

dsc5085
I might be one of the few people here who is still skeptical about how good this team is, but can't argue with the results. I came into this season thinking we were going to go 3-13. Can't really name one underachiever besides Torrey Smith, so props to the coaching staff.
nephillymike
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Nov 20 2017, 12:21 AM) *
Ever? or since '04?

My ever goes from early 70's on.

Better than '80 and '04.

Looking real good.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 20 2017, 08:06 PM) *
My ever goes from early 70's on.

Better than '80 and '04.

Looking real good.

I wasn't alive in '80. As for '04, the NFC that year was very weak, this year we have more legit teams to get past. I'll let you know in a couple months which team is better.
The Franchise
QUOTE (dsc5085 @ Nov 20 2017, 02:32 PM) *
I came into this season thinking we were going to go 3-13.

Wow. Not 0-16?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.