Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
This is going to be a game that will show how much character each team has. Will the Cowboys be able to fight off the adversity of losing their three best players and beat a hot division rival? Will the Eagles be able to come off a long layoff with their heads screwed on tight?
nephillymike
Yes, I agree with this.

I think we have a huge edge in character and a decent edge in coaching.

I look forward to that manifesting itself tonight.

I still think it will be too close for comfort, call it regression to the means combined with a desperation factor.

Eagles 24
Girls. 20

I just hope Vinovic 1-6 record when reffing the Eagles and 7-3 record when rieffing the Cowboys does not play a factor. The anticipated close matchup may not be able to beat the refs like we did in CAR.

And another thing, I hope that the announcers don't harp on the guys who aren't playing for DAL without acknowledging that we have it worse on that front.
Zero
The Cowboys are supposedly not too good at covering TEs and not great at stopping the run, two places the Eagles will probably focus on ... this could be Ajayi's coming out game. Dez ain't what he used to be, so they'll probably have Beasly and Williams use the Giants game plan of quick hits and try to run against us.

On paper the Eagles seem to have the advantage, but it'll depend on how badly the Cowboys want it and how the Eagles react after a long time off.

Zero
Couldn't this apply to the Eagles too:
Alvin Kamara and Mark Ingram have been two of the most fun runners in the NFL this year. That’s helped, of course, by the presence of Brees. Kamara, for instance, faces eight-man boxes on only 20 percent of his runs. When you add in Brees’s ability to pass with the backs’ ability to use all of the field to run...
Linc ...
Joegrane
P Robinson should be better suited to cover C Beasly than M Jenkins.

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 19 2017, 08:10 AM) *
The Cowboys are supposedly not too good at covering TEs and not great at stopping the run, two places the Eagles will probably focus on ... this could be Ajayi's coming out game. Dez ain't what he used to be, so they'll probably have Beasly and Williams use the Giants game plan of quick hits and try to run against us.

On paper the Eagles seem to have the advantage, but it'll depend on how badly the Cowboys want it and how the Eagles react after a long time off.

The Franchise
I know it's a division rivalry game and on the road. But frankly, considering the Cowboys injury situation and how these teams match up, there's no excuse for us to not come out of there with a convincing win.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.