Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's fricking Cowboy week!!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
There's several things in this article that I agree with, but also a few that still piss me off.

I hate the Cowboys largely because of this kind of crap. They've always been just one other team in the NFL but are presented as a favored son. For years the Steelers had a more successful team, but it was the stinking blue star that got the attention. Jerry Jones wins Executive of the Year in 2014 ... for what? Carrying on Jimmy Johnson's success or running a halfway house for rich druggies and criminals? Jason Garret, coach of the year 2016? I agree with the article, what does he do besides kiss Jones' ass? That may be unfair, but he doesn't call plays and he doesn't have anything to do with personnel and there are other coaches in the league that do a lot more and have actually won in the post season. And, even if I really, really don't like Elliot the person, there's no way on this or any other planet that Prescott should have gotten Rookie of the Year over him!

And now Jones is suing the league. I love that the two assholes, Jones and Goodell are biting each other's ass. Objectively, the Cowboys had been a successful team and franchise but with all the internal problems they've had since Jones took over and the absence of post season success after Johnson left have to make you wonder why Jones and Garret won those awards.

E - A - G - L - E - S .... EAGLES!
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 18 2017, 03:33 PM) *
There's several things in this article that I agree with, but also a few that still piss me off.

I hate the Cowboys largely because of this kind of crap. They've always been just one other team in the NFL but are presented as a favored son. For years the Steelers had a more successful team, but it was the stinking blue star that got the attention. Jerry Jones wins Executive of the Year in 2014 ... for what? Carrying on Jimmy Johnson's success or running a halfway house for rich druggies and criminals? Jason Garret, coach of the year 2016? I agree with the article, what does he do besides kiss Jones' ass? That may be unfair, but he doesn't call plays and he doesn't have anything to do with personnel and there are other coaches in the league that do a lot more and have actually won in the post season. And, even if I really, really don't like Elliot the person, there's no way on this or any other planet that Prescott should have gotten Rookie of the Year over him!

And now Jones is suing the league. I love that the two assholes, Jones and Goodell are biting each other's ass. Objectively, the Cowboys had been a successful team and franchise but with all the internal problems they've had since Jones took over and the absence of post season success after Johnson left have to make you wonder why Jones and Garret won those awards.

E - A - G - L - E - S .... EAGLES!

Mr. Burns sure is an easy guy to hate. I've taken that path of least resistance, now that the Vagiants truly suck.

And I take exception to the cameras always showing that sunken skull of his in celebration in his ivory tower whenever the 'Pukes win, but never when they lose.
Eyrie
As our dear departed Magoo used to say, Dallas must be destroyed.

Dallas delenda est.
Zero
First time I agree with Steven A. Good stuff here!
Zero
Another one. laugh.gif Dude is on a roll!
Joegrane
Wow, Steven A. preachin fire and brimstone against the evil CowDevils! Wheew! ac6.gif

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 18 2017, 08:28 PM) *

nephillymike
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 18 2017, 08:28 PM) *

I love that!

The best SAS rant I ever heard!
Zero
I'm really ashamed of myself. Stephen A Smith is growing on me. biggrin.gif

Follow up from SAS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.