Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This week
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
It's fun to be able to look at other games to see how it will affect the Eagles, and have it mean something. Probably just home field rooting here:
Rams @Vikings - one has to lose, I'd prefer that to be LA - does it matter?
Redskins @New Orleans - yeah, we want the Skins to pull an upset but something tells me: nope!
Falcons @Seattle - Atlanta at 5-4, Seattle at 6-3 ... make 'em even?
The Eagles have to take care of business in Dallas which is the most important thing. But the other teams don't have a cake walk:
Rams = Saints, @Cards, Eagles
Vikes = @Detroit, @Atlanta, @Carolina
Saints = @Rams, Carolina, @Atlanta
Seattle = @9ers, Eagles, @Jags
Eagles = Chicago, @Seattle, @Rams
Pila
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 17 2017, 12:04 PM) *
It's fun to be able to look at other games to see how it will affect the Eagles, and have it mean something. Probably just home field rooting here:
Rams @Vikings - one has to lose, I'd prefer that to be LA - does it matter?
Redskins @New Orleans - yeah, we want the Skins to pull an upset but something tells me: nope!
Falcons @Seattle - Atlanta at 5-4, Seattle at 6-3 ... make 'em even?
The Eagles have to take care of business in Dallas which is the most important thing. But the other teams don't have a cake walk:
Rams = Saints, @Cards, Eagles
Vikes = @Detroit, @Atlanta, @Carolina
Saints = @Rams, Carolina, @Atlanta
Seattle = @9ers, Eagles, @Jags
Eagles = Chicago, @Seattle, @Rams

Jags, to me, seem the most impressive considering how little they have on offense, relatively. How many shut-outs do they have currently? I know they're in the AFC, but they appear to be on the way of spoiling a few AFC hopefuls in the playoffs.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Pila @ Nov 17 2017, 11:09 AM) *
Jags, to me, seem the most impressive considering how little they have on offense, relatively. How many shut-outs do they have currently? I know they're in the AFC, but they appear to be on the way of spoiling a few AFC hopefuls in the playoffs.

They've held 5 teams to less than 10 points, including the Steelers and the one shutout against Indy. They've also inexplicably lost to the Jets, got crushed at home by the Titans, and almost managed to hand last week's game to the Chargers. You never know what you'll get from them. Before Gus Bradley was canned he really left a good defensive foundation in place.
Joegrane
Gus Bradley was the Seattle D coordinator so not surprising.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Nov 17 2017, 06:00 PM) *
They've held 5 teams to less than 10 points, including the Steelers and the one shutout against Indy. They've also inexplicably lost to the Jets, got crushed at home by the Titans, and almost managed to hand last week's game to the Chargers. You never know what you'll get from them. Before Gus Bradley was canned he really left a good defensive foundation in place.

The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 17 2017, 09:51 PM) *
Gus Bradley was the Seattle D coordinator so not surprising.

Yup. Great coordinator, not a good HC. But his legacy in Jax remains, and they'll have a good defense for a while.
Rick
Living here in Jacksonville, well, it's a tale of two teams. One week they're one of the elite teams in the NFL...the next? Well, not so much. Most of this is due to their QB (Bortles) who inexplicably throws--not just interceptions--pick 6es. He should have thrown one at the end of the game this past Sunday but the defender dropped it.

He lives not far from where I live--he lives at the beaches--and the word on the street is he likes to party at the local bars. I can't personally vouch for that as I've not seen him at any of the bars but a LOT of people have seen him in the area.

Their defense is elite for sure. The offense, with Bortles, is hit or miss. They also have their top WR down since Week 2 (I believe?). They have a lot of talent and Gus was just a horrible HC. They're moving in the right direction.

What's sad is this city doesn't appreciate any of it. They're so into college football down here, unless the Jags are winning you hardly hear anything about them. When they are winning, you hear a little noise but nothing like up North. They have a difficult time selling out games--even their home openers.

It's a large (physically) city but has a small-town feel around here. You run into players--current and former--all of the time (from all sports). It's such a shame the city won't get behind their team like we're used to up North. They're all into college and that's about it. Personally, I hate college football but that's just me.
Pila
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 18 2017, 04:21 PM) *
Living here in Jacksonville, well, it's a tale of two teams. One week they're one of the elite teams in the NFL...the next? Well, not so much. Most of this is due to their QB (Bortles) who inexplicably throws--not just interceptions--pick 6es. He should have thrown one at the end of the game this past Sunday but the defender dropped it.

He lives not far from where I live--he lives at the beaches--and the word on the street is he likes to party at the local bars. I can't personally vouch for that as I've not seen him at any of the bars but a LOT of people have seen him in the area.

Their defense is elite for sure. The offense, with Bortles, is hit or miss. They also have their top WR down since Week 2 (I believe?). They have a lot of talent and Gus was just a horrible HC. They're moving in the right direction.

What's sad is this city doesn't appreciate any of it. They're so into college football down here, unless the Jags are winning you hardly hear anything about them. When they are winning, you hear a little noise but nothing like up North. They have a difficult time selling out games--even their home openers.

It's a large (physically) city but has a small-town feel around here. You run into players--current and former--all of the time (from all sports). It's such a shame the city won't get behind their team like we're used to up North. They're all into college and that's about it. Personally, I hate college football but that's just me.
Good insight into the Jags. I know they stocked up o n some talent during their basement stay, but didn't know much beyond that.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 18 2017, 10:21 AM) *

Well, they've also averaged 3 wins a year since 2012, when Khan bought the team. I think he's had some controversy with comments about season ticket holders, and seems like a general dipshit. Certainly someone who doesn't care about the city or the fans. In fact, their 6 wins this year is already more than any season total since he bought the team. The Jags have had some good runs in the past, though I don't know how excited the fan base got.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.