Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Sorry
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I am hearing nothing but blowout this, blowout that.

Stop.

This is a DAL team that won 13 games last year and got Rodgered in a home playoff game. Been there, done that. They are a desparate team, playing at home and if they lose this game, their division title is history, and the road to the playoffs becomes a puncher's chance longshot.

Also, Prescott is a very good QB, who's NFL resume to date is more accomplished than Wentz's. That's not to say that Dak is better, but that he is a damn good QB capable of beating anyone.

While I think we eek out a win, it will be a close battle and a worryfest.

Stop with all of the talk of blowout.
g0_Eagles
The best win against dallarse is always a blowout.
Rick
Definitely a trap game for the Eagles. I'm not one saying they're blowing them out. In fact, it wouldn't shock me if the Eagles lost this game.
Zero
"Any given Sunday" theorem always rules, but, geez. Get a dog.

The team is playing without two of their best players after showing the world their depth can't be relied on. It's not a given the Eagles will win, but they've shown they can succeed in the face of adversity and that they're a complete team.

IMO, the outcome of this game will be determined by how the Eagles play after a bye. It may start off tense, but if the Eagles are hot and play the way they have been it could get ugly for Dallas. I don't see them looking past a division foe.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 16 2017, 05:49 AM) *
Definitely a trap game for the Eagles. I'm not one saying they're blowing them out. In fact, it wouldn't shock me if the Eagles lost this game.

I don't see it as a trap game, really.

I think coming off the bye, the DAL game should give them immediate focus they might lack if it was someone else.

I also think it is favorable to this team to be well rested and DAL having all those recent injuries.

I just see it as two teams that talent wise, should split in the regular season.

I think the combo of how we're playing, the bye, and injuries, makes us a legit slight favorite. The desperation factor goes their way.

I see a win, a SLIGHT win.
Zero
Hahaha! Jon Ritchie on how Dallas can win this game:
LT Tyron Smith gets his hands on a Delorean with a flux capacitor in it and miraculously returns, fully-healthy at 88 miles per hour. Smith also happens across a genie while time traveling. Said genie grants LB Sean Lee a healthy hamstring.
Rick
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 16 2017, 07:09 AM) *
I just see it as two teams that talent wise, should split in the regular season.

I tend to agree, however, this one is in Dallas. I don't see Dallas beating the Eagles in Philly unless the Eagles have clinched everything they need and just throw anyone in there.

Dallas still has a bit of a chance--although slim--so I see them coming out hungry in front of their home crowd. On paper, the Eagles should win, but I can see Dallas surprising everyone.

I'm not calling it either way though.
Joegrane
I don't know what to expect in this game but I don't see a rout. I could see a rout happening with a statue QB behind a weak O Line, but Dak is not a statue. He can throw on the run and isn't known for making lots of dumb mistakes.

The Eagles D Line vs the banged up Cowboys O Line has the feel of a repeat of the Carolina game--not much available on the ground but the mobile QB makes enough plays to stay competitive. Dak is not Cam N. athletically but Dallas has somewhat better receivers, no?

I don't know what to make of the Dallas D. I doubt they are as good as Carolina's D. Dallas had given up 30 pts to GBay and the Rams but then held the Skins and KC to less than 20 points. A stagnant O will expose a D and the loss of a good MLB certainly hurts. It is not that Dallas' D was dominated statistically against the Falcons except 3rd down conversion%. Which Dallas D will show up this week?

This won't be a rout because Dak will make plays with his arm and legs, even though the speedy Kendricks will be chasing him around.

I don't think Dak will make the mistakes Cam did but Dak has not had to face a lot of pressure very often in his NFL career.

I also don't think the Dallas coaches are foolish enough to leave their inexperienced L OT exposed without at least a chipper.

Dallas will try every trick they have. They have to have this game.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 15 2017, 10:05 PM) *
I am hearing nothing but blowout this, blowout that.

Stop.

This is a DAL team that won 13 games last year and got Rodgered in a home playoff game. Been there, done that. They are a desparate team, playing at home and if they lose this game, their division title is history, and the road to the playoffs becomes a puncher's chance longshot.

Also, Prescott is a very good QB, who's NFL resume to date is more accomplished than Wentz's. That's not to say that Dak is better, but that he is a damn good QB capable of beating anyone.

While I think we eek out a win, it will be a close battle and a worryfest.

Stop with all of the talk of blowout.

Dreagon
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 16 2017, 09:27 PM) *
I also don't think the Dallas coaches are foolish enough to leave their inexperienced L OT exposed without at least a chipper.

Considering they have been catching a mountain of shit all week for doing exactly that last game, I would hope not.

But we shall see...
Eyrie
The key for me is whether Prescott can do what Manning did earlier in the season and get the ball out quickly. If not, he's going to be a moving target for our DL and even with his ability to throw on the run that's going to hurt their offense.
Pila
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 17 2017, 01:01 PM) *
The key for me is whether Prescott can do what Manning did earlier in the season and get the ball out quickly. If not, he's going to be a moving target for our DL and even with his ability to throw on the run that's going to hurt their offense.

These "classicos" usually never playout the way it is anticipated. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this turns out to a baseball score, like 12-9 or someshit.
Joegrane
Dak's average pass was 3.3 yards vs Atlanta.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=400951686

The Eagles CBs were told to play off of the NYG quick WRs due to the lack of speed at CB. Schwartz said they did it to encourage Manning to throw short.

With the improvements in the Eagles CBs, including the return of R Darby, I don't think they'll have to use the same plan in Dallas.

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 17 2017, 07:01 AM) *

rumply
'Trap game' is one of the more overused terms week after week throughout the league & this game is in no way one.

Anyone really think Pederson will allow this group to go in this week thinking this game is a formality? No they will be primed to bury Dallas, bury them deep. Sure, we can expect Dallas to bounce back hard after their insipid display last week & I'd be disappointed if they didn't, we don't want an easy game here, that does nobody any good heading towards the playoffs.
Rick
QUOTE (rumply @ Nov 18 2017, 08:39 PM) *
'Trap game' is one of the more overused terms week after week throughout the league & this game is in no way one.

Anyone really think Pederson will allow this group to go in this week thinking this game is a formality? No they will be primed to bury Dallas, bury them deep. Sure, we can expect Dallas to bounce back hard after their insipid display last week & I'd be disappointed if they didn't, we don't want an easy game here, that does nobody any good heading towards the playoffs.

I have no doubt the coaching staff will be prepared. However, it's the players who have to execute and play with fire. That's the question.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.