Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Appeal has been officially dropped...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Rick
-->clicky<--

I love how they gamed the system. Now that the Cowboys are all but out of the running this season they drop the appeal.
SMH
The Franchise
QUOTE (Rick @ Nov 15 2017, 09:00 PM) *
I love how they gamed the system. Now that the Cowboys are all but out of the running this season they drop the appeal.
SMH

5-4 is out of it?

Clearly this was designed so they could have him back for the Seahawks and Eagles games to end the year. Out of the 5 games he will miss, only one is against a team better than the Cowboys, and that's us this weekend. I think they can easily have 9 or 10 wins at the end of the year.
Rick
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Nov 15 2017, 09:09 PM) *
5-4 is out of it?

Clearly this was designed so they could have him back for the Seahawks and Eagles games to end the year. Out of the 5 games he will miss, only one is against a team better than the Cowboys, and that's us this weekend. I think they can easily have 9 or 10 wins at the end of the year.

After the way they played sans Elliot, yes, I think they're waving the white flag--as much as you can in the NFL. If they truly think they're still in it, why wouldn't they pursue the appeal in the hopes they could possibly overturn the ruling or delay it until next season?

Obviously, doing the math, they're not out of it but, for all intents and purposes, they are out of it. They could have dragged this on but chose not to. I don't think it's a coincidence they dropped it this week, after being thrashed by the Falcons putting them even farther back in the NFC East.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.