Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is the Cowboys OL really that good?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
It's not just that there were 8 sacks, but the running game was stymied without arguably the league's best RB. All because the Pro Bowl LT wasn't playing? Forget comparisons with the Eagles injury woes, one OL doesn't make an OL. Did they just have a bad game? Possible, but it was a REALLY bad game and they're up against a better DL this week. Should be interesting.

Kempski has a more detailed view of their line with some nice clips.
Joegrane
I think the box score said they averaged nearly 5 yds per carry but I think someone said that was mostly in the second half when there was quite a lead.

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 15 2017, 08:27 AM) *
It's not just that there were 8 sacks, but the running game was stymied without arguably the league's best RB. All because the Pro Bowl LT wasn't playing? Forget comparisons with the Eagles injury woes, one OL doesn't make an OL. Did they just have a bad game? Possible, but it was a REALLY bad game and they're up against a better DL this week. Should be interesting.

Kempski has a more detailed view of their line with some nice clips.

CT_Eagle
They do have a very good line. Losing Smith hurts them though.

Their runners actually had a good YPC average. Joe says he heard those yards came when their was already a large lead. I did not see the game so I do not know. Usually a team that is behind throws a lot so that seems counter intuitive. Then again, if the defense is anticipating that, they may play against the pass first which could open things up for the run game.
Dreagon
It's not as good as it was last year. We lost 40% of last years line in Leary and Free, and Smith's back is hampering him. I understood why we let Leary go... he was simply too expensive and has a knee like a ticking bomb. I don't think they expected Free to retire for another year. Collins is growing to fill Free's spot, but he isn't there yet. Leary's old spot is the question mark.

So when Tyron Smith isn't playing, that means the entire left side of our line is just some guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.