Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who are Andy Reid and Jayson Garrett?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Two stubborn coaches who refused to give their new LT help despite getting beat like a drum on national TV.

LT Greene gives up six sacks to Claiborne as Justice gave up six sacks to Osi Umenura.

They call that thick headed Irish (not sure if they are Irish, but it fits).
Zero
I had to laugh every time they'd mention the effect of losing their best RB and pro bowl LT. Let's see if they mention that next week too.
The Franchise
LT Greene gives up six sacks to Claiborne as Justice gave up six sacks to Osi Umenura.

There were a number of games during Reid's time here that were stepping stones in not only calling for his ouster, but in proving time and time again that he simply can't manage a game once his plan goes out the window. That night was a big fucking one of them.

Not one bit of help, at all - as his QB is getting killed by the same guy over and over. Not one double-team. Not once did he send a RB to help.

There were a few times this happened, I know DeMarcus Ware and a couple others benefited from it. If you're an offensive lineman and an entire game is known as "The *your last name* Game," that's bad.

They call that thick headed Irish (not sure if they are Irish, but it fits).

Variations of 'Reid' are more Scottis/English I believe, but your point still works. If the Reids hailed from Ireland, that would certainly explain the cause of the potato famine. laugh.gif

Joegrane
The issue is not just the talent level of the injured player but also the talent level of the replacement.

I did not get to see the game but recall the loss of Lane Johnson last year. The replacement was a 5th round rookie in his 4th or so game. That was ugly.

This year that former 5th round rookie replaced a future HoF LT and did a solid job.

Hopefully we will see that success as the veteran Kendricks and company fill in for Hicks.

The Box Score says the Cowboys averaged 5 yards per carry! I suppose they felt they had to pass the ball to catch up but could not protect the QB. That suggests that it will be important for the Eagles to get out in front next week.

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 12 2017, 07:30 PM) *
I had to laugh every time they'd mention the effect of losing their best RB and pro bowl LT. Let's see if they mention that next week too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.