Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back to Wentz
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
This is a real nice article on 11. Players and coaches share their thoughts on what makes the guy special, on and off the field. Check it out. His confidence, athleticism, leadership and charity are all part of what makes him up. The thing I think makes him a perfect fit for Philadelphia is his attitude. He's a worker and a thumper. Blue collar smart.
Joegrane
"Wentz's confidence and leadership has gone beyond how he conducts himself around teammates, he has reached a point in his development where debates over strategies and game-planning sometimes even get heated between the quarterback and offensive coordinator Frank Reich. "

With Reich, not Pedey, Hmm

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 9 2017, 06:58 AM) *
This is a real nice article on 11. Players and coaches share their thoughts on what makes the guy special, on and off the field. Check it out. His confidence, athleticism, leadership and charity are all part of what makes him up. The thing I think makes him a perfect fit for Philadelphia is his attitude. He's a worker and a thumper. Blue collar smart.

Phits
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 9 2017, 10:42 AM) *
"Wentz's confidence and leadership has gone beyond how he conducts himself around teammates, he has reached a point in his development where debates over strategies and game-planning sometimes even get heated between the quarterback and offensive coordinator Frank Reich. "

Not Difillipo (QB coach) either...hmmm.
Rick
He spends hours and hours studying tape. Kinda like that guy Peyton Manning did. I like it...
The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 9 2017, 11:42 AM) *

laugh.gif

Reich is quoted as saying Wentz has a reputation of arguing with coordinators going back to NDST, and that they have good discussions and implement elements of ND's offense that Wentz is comfortable with. The 'heated debates' crap comes from the writer. It also is unclear how many coaches are in those discussions - presumably the head coach is.

nephillymike
We are so lucky.

I am so impressed how his accuracy has improved.
Joegrane
especially accuracy on the long ball.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 9 2017, 09:18 PM) *
We are so lucky.

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 9 2017, 09:18 PM) *
We are so lucky.

He always had the tools, when you take the time to learn how to use them, it is amazing what can happen. And again, he is constantly learning more and more. He has a Peyton Manning football IQ coupled with far more athleticism, if he stays healthy the career this kid can have is staggering. I did notice in the Denver game that his completion % went down, mainly because he threw some air balls on purpose to avoid taking a hit. Another step in his amazing growth curve.
rumply
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Nov 10 2017, 12:33 AM) *
especially accuracy on the long ball.

Yeah, the improvement & consistency from year one to two is amazing, he's a special player thats for sure. My only real worry for Wentz is the hits he is willing to take, although he does seem to have toned down that side of his game recently.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.