Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd string QB promoted to block being picked up by .......
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Indy.

Per Eskin earlier tonight. Indy knew Luck was done and was trying to pickup a QB.

Is Sudfeld that good to promote to block a pickup?

They exposed Hamilton as a practice squad member.
Zero
Yeah, I found it interesting. I thought Sudfeld was nothing more than a camp arm, but apparently the team thinks he has the potential to be #2.
Joegrane
Maybe they still have concerns about Foles. I don't recall hearing anything in the press about him. Obviously he is participating as the #2 in practice.

QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 2 2017, 07:53 PM) *
Yeah, I found it interesting. I thought Sudfeld was nothing more than a camp arm, but apparently the team thinks he has the potential to be #2.

Reality Fan
Pretty simple stuff....he is a hell of a lot cheaper as a backup next year than Foles is. They will try to trade Foles or cut him and save his cap money which will be sorely needed.
Joegrane
Tough to trade a guy when there is no tape on him, not even preseason.

I see your point. Foles is cheap this year against the cap, but that jumps to 7.6 mil against the cap with over 5mil dead $ next year. That's probably untradable too unless he has to play a few games this year and performs well.
https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

He becomes cheap against the cap in 2019 although the dead $ is still $2mil.

I think he is not going anywhere for a while.

The good news is that they'll likely be able to clear $9.7mil in space by releasing B Celek, T Smith and Blount. They will need that cap $ because they have a long list of FAs to replace or resign including Jeffrey, Bradham and Jernigan. J Peters big $ does not come off until after next year and who knows if he'll even play until after mid season.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Nov 3 2017, 07:36 AM) *
Pretty simple stuff....he is a hell of a lot cheaper as a backup next year than Foles is. They will try to trade Foles or cut him and save his cap money which will be sorely needed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.