Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have never seen a QB like Wentz in Eagle green
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
The fact that with just about 8 minutes left in the first half he was 2 for 7 for 24 yards and an INT with a QB rating of just 1.8. Then he just went off and 3 drives later he had over 200 yards 3 TDs and a rating over 120 in less than 15 minutes of game time, WTF? In all my years, going all the way back to Jaws, I have never seen an Eagle QB like this kid. At this point I am pretty sure this is no fluke, Wentz is beyond the real deal, as Ike Reese put it today, 'he is a generational QB,' you know the kind that comes around only once in a great while. Even Ray Didinger is beyond calling for caution and as he put it, 'we are just scratching the surface of how good he will become.' McNabb's best year (2004) he had 31 TDs with TO on the roster, and Wentz is on a pace to best that in just his second year, without a HOF caliber WR. He already has more TDs than any Eagle QB in the first 7 games, passing McNabb (16 in 2004) and Norm back in 1960. The reason the entire team is playing so well has a lot to do with Wentz too, the way he plays inspires his teammates to excel too.
Losing Peters and Hicks, as well as Sproles earlier, is going to make the road ahead that much more challenging, but with a leader like Wentz I think they still have a good chance to win the division and maybe earn a 1 or 2 seed. But if the injuries do hamper us, the future is looking very bright.
Zero
It's a great time to be an Eagle fan. The way the whole team is playing is inspiring, and I agree that Wentz is leading that attitude. Humble, talented and motivated plus he's a good human being.
Dreagon
You guys have had some very good quarterbacks over the years I've watched football... Snead, Jawarski, Cunningham, McNabb... but I think you guys have finally landed that QB that has "it". The true franchise QB that can pull it off at the next level. I think you're going to enjoy the difference.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Oct 24 2017, 06:31 PM) *
You guys have had some very good quarterbacks over the years I've watched football... Snead, Jawarski, Cunningham, McNabb... but I think you guys have finally landed that QB that has "it". The true franchise QB that can pull it off at the next level. I think you're going to enjoy the difference.

Nailed it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.