Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ummmmm
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Is this for real?

Who is this guy?

mcnabbulous
The best QB in franchise history
Phits
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 23 2017, 11:06 PM) *
Is this for real?

Who is this guy?

It's amazing how good your QB looks when he's surrounded by a good supporting cast.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 23 2017, 11:09 PM) *
The best QB in franchise history

Really starting to look that way...but we took some big personnel hits tonight

I heard Hicks may have an achilles injury and Peters looked bad too
xsv
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 23 2017, 11:16 PM) *
It's amazing how good your QB looks when he's surrounded by a good supporting cast.

Upgrades for sure, but Carson made some amazing individual plays I havent seen one of our qbs make anything like in a long, long time.
The Franchise
Is this for real?

Who is this guy?

He's great. What he isn't? Geno Smith! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 23 2017, 10:16 PM) *

Yes, while he was throwing absolute dimes to Corey Clement as defenders were clinging to him and magically breaking out of a sack to pickup 17 yards, I couldn’t help but think, “this lucky SOB gets all the breaks”
nephillymike
An amazing game by Wentz.

He is so good!

He even kept the ball a few times. Great to see.
JeeQ
Wentz is the man, but definitely going to miss Peters and Hicks.
Pila
Went is unbelievable.

Being an eagles fan right now is fucking fantastic.
Phits
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 23 2017, 11:25 PM) *
Upgrades for sure, but Carson made some amazing individual plays I havent seen one of our qbs make anything like in a long, long time.

Wentz looks amazing, we are a great all-around team.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 23 2017, 11:55 PM) *
Yes, while he was throwing absolute dimes to Corey Clement as defenders were clinging to him and magically breaking out of a sack to pickup 17 yards, I couldn’t help but think, “this lucky SOB gets all the breaks”

Yeah, you're right, the rest of the team stinks. wacko.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 23 2017, 11:23 PM) *

There’s a gray area between your first post in this thread and this one. Maybe you’ll find it some day.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 24 2017, 12:23 AM) *

He looks a lot like what Mcnabb would have looked like with some decent WRs..lol

Mcnabb made some ridiculous escapes early in his career and made some incredible throws under pressure. Wentz looks like that and has some talent to catch the ball. I can't diminish Mcnabb to promote Wentz but Wentz is incredibly cool and one hell of a leader. As long as he does not get hurt he will likely eclipse McNabb between his talent and having a decent supporting cast. Hard to not love watching him play...it is a real pleasure.
The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 23 2017, 11:35 PM) *
There’s a gray area between your first post in this thread and this one. Maybe you’ll find it some day.

The only way we lose the division is if Eli hangs 'em up and Geno takes the ball!
mcnabbulous
Just wait til he learns how to throw a deep ball!
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 24 2017, 08:52 AM) *
Just wait til he learns how to throw a deep ball!
Like the one he threw to Mack?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 24 2017, 08:39 AM) *
Like the one he threw to Mack?

I was being facetious. The "he can't throw the long ball" hysteria that was present on this board for far too long was silly.
Zero
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 24 2017, 09:41 AM) *
I was being facetious. The "he can't throw the long ball" hysteria that was present on this board for far too long was silly.

I agree. He did have issues but is improving every game. His work ethic and ability to learn are astounding.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 24 2017, 08:44 AM) *
I agree. He did have issues but is improving every game. His work ethic and ability to learn are astounding.

Throwing the deep ball is more about repetition than anything (assuming you meet a minimum arm strength threshold).
CT_Eagle
Only on this board can pointing out Wentz's early season struggles with the deep ball be equated to "he cant throw the long ball hysteria".
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 24 2017, 08:49 AM) *
Only on this board can pointing out Wentz's early season struggles with the deep ball be equated to "he cant throw the long ball hysteria".

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 24 2017, 05:03 PM) *
Several things are a concern. Pederson seems to just try things to say he is the coach. Blount is killing the Giants and then disappears for 2-3 series. He takes him out on short yardage downs for Smallwood.

Wentz can't throw a deep ball to save his life.

CT_Eagle
You and I have very different meanings for the word hysteria.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 24 2017, 09:12 AM) *
You and I have very different meanings for the word hysteria.

You should occasionally not take things so literally and realize it's a message board about football.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 24 2017, 02:18 PM) *
You should occasionally not take things so literally and realize it's a message board about football.

Don't start that shit again.
Phits
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 24 2017, 10:21 AM) *
Don't start that shit again.

He can't help it. Didn't you know that he is "right" all of the time?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 24 2017, 09:35 AM) *

Usually just when talking to you about McNabb's legacy.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 24 2017, 10:35 AM) *

He's right often enough to make blind squirrels feel good about themselves.
Wheeljack
Is this for real?

Who is this guy?

it's a glorious thing to have a QB that leaves no room for doubt. makes up for all the Chip Kelly BS (only good thing that happened during that time was beating the Cheatriots with Sammy B )
Wheeljack
QUOTE (xsv @ Oct 23 2017, 11:25 PM) *

7 years AT LEAST. that was Aaron Rodgers-level amazing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.