Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles-Skins
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Rick
Looks like great weather for tonight. Came up for this one. Hoping the Eagles can continue to plat well tonight. Still nobody grabbing the NFL and showing they're the team to beat. The Eagles can take another step in that direction tonight.

Go Eagles!
mcnabbulous
Pretty interesting that our biggest threat in the NFC might be the Rams right now.

This is as weak as I can remember the NFC in a decade when the Bears were leading the pack.
Birdman420
The cowboys are starting to turn things around so we should be keeping an eye on them as well. A loss tonight will put the division back up for grabs.
CT_Eagle
Several NFC teams are worth keeping an eye on.

Was and Dal both still pose a threat within the division. A loss tonight leaves Phi .5 game ahead of Was and 1.5 games ahead of Dal. Plenty of games left for both of those teams to catch Phi.

A lost tonight would also mean Phi is tied with Min and LAR. Other teams that would be close include Car and Ari. I did not include GB because of the injury to Rogers.

I hate to throw out clichés but the Eagles need to take a "one game at a time" approach. Hang another loss on Was tonight and start prepping for SF. Anything further down the line than that is a distraction.

EDIT TO ADD - Sea is right there as well.
mcnabbulous
I'm going to work under the assumption that we take care of business tonight. Because it's a team that has played poorly in primetime, are banged up on defense and we're at home...where we have been excellent.

If we do, then we have a healthy division lead heading into a virtual bye against one of the worst teams in football. While our biggest division competition faces off next week.

After next week, I expect that we'll be sitting a 7-1 with no in-conference losses, while nearest division competition is at 4-3.

If we lose tonight, all bets are off.

The Franchise
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 23 2017, 03:01 PM) *
If we lose tonight, all bets are off.

So you're saying we would be in better shape if we win tonight?
D Rock
Washington has both O Tackles listed as questionable and another O line starter listed as out. Hopefully that portends of a big night for our front 4.

CT_Eagle
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 23 2017, 08:45 PM) *
Washington has both O Tackles listed as questionable and another O line starter listed as out. Hopefully that portends of a big night for our front 4.

I believe Norman is also out and Breeland is questionable.

They are definitely far more banged up than the Eagles.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 23 2017, 02:40 PM) *
So you're saying we would be in better shape if we win tonight?

I'm saying if we lose tonight, this isn't the team I thought we were so it's not worth sweating about our seeding within the NFC.
nephillymike
Damn.

Hicks injury looked bad.

A win only giving up three there.

NEED THE O to put up 7.
nephillymike
McLeod has to catch that ball.

Our DBs need catching practice.
nephillymike
Need to roll Wentz out and do the TE out pattern or have Wentz keep it.

They are stacking the line and we need to do that or get a slant over the middle behind the rushing LB.

Jeffery can't beat a hobbled Breeland.

Time to call on Ertz or Agholar.

Put Ertz in motion to give him a free release to beat the LBs
nephillymike
Whoever replaces Moses should have Cox lined up over him next series.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 23 2017, 07:39 PM) *
Damn.

Hicks injury looked bad.

A win only giving up three there.

NEED THE O to put up 7.

I’ve been reading that they think it’s Achilles. So fuck.
El Cubano
Losing Hicks is HUGE depending on the severity. I'm not sure how long Kendricks is expected to be out for, but 2/3 starting LB's riding the pine-pony is a pretty big deal.
nephillymike
Blount needs to stop pitter pattering and just hit the hole, even if only a few yards
D Rock
QUOTE (El Cubano @ Oct 24 2017, 03:21 AM) *
Losing Hicks is HUGE depending on the severity. I'm not sure how long Kendricks is expected to be out for, but 2/3 starting LB's riding the pine-pony is a pretty big deal.

Kendricks pulls this shit EVERY year.

Plays great for a few weeks, than gets some minor soft tissue injury (calf / quad / groin) and takes 10 weeks to get back on the field. It’s like fucking clockwork. Just when you think the guy is FINALLY getting it, he proves he wont play through the bumps-n-bruises.
Rick
The injuries last night really suck on so many levels. The refs did their best to try and ruin the night totally--I wonder if it was them making a statement to the Eagles for complaining to the league about the Carolina game. But I digress...

The Linc was ROCKING last night! Fans really did their part. The team (eventually) did their part and we're all happy now.

Wentz is ridiculous. I can't wait to see when he's GOOD. wink.gif

A lot of football left but I like where we're at....
D Rock
QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 24 2017, 09:23 PM) *
The injuries last night really suck on so many levels. The refs did their best to try and ruin the night totally--I wonder if it was them making a statement to the Eagles for complaining to the league about the Carolina game. But I digress...

The Linc was ROCKING last night! Fans really did their part. The team (eventually) did their part and we're all happy now.

Wentz is ridiculous. I can't wait to see when he's GOOD. wink.gif

A lot of football left but I like where we're at....

From the TV vantage point, there were 3 or 4 times where I was taken back by the lack of fan noise. DC had a 3rd down around the 15 yard line and they showed a view of the fans around the near end zone and they were sitting there looking generally disgusted and pissed off, and not making a sound.

I’ve never been to the Linc, but grew up going to the Vet. From my limitted point of view as a tv viewer, the Linc is one of the worst “12th man” venues in the league.

I’d love to hear what folks who have attended multiple games at both venues think...
nephillymike
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 24 2017, 07:47 PM) *
From the TV vantage point, there were 3 or 4 times where I was taken back by the lack of fan noise. DC had a 3rd down around the 15 yard line and they showed a view of the fans around the near end zone and they were sitting there looking generally disgusted and pissed off, and not making a sound.

I’ve never been to the Linc, but grew up going to the Vet. From my limitted point of view as a tv viewer, the Linc is one of the worst “12th man” venues in the league.

I’d love to hear what folks who have attended multiple games at both venues think...

The Vet's round shape held the sound better. It had a higher % of drunken Yahoo!'S who would scream their lungs out.

The Linc is not quite the same decibal level, but much of that is stadium design not effort.
mcnabbulous
NFL Stadiums are largely shitty from an excitement perspective. College is exponentially better.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 24 2017, 08:55 PM) *
The Vet's round shape held the sound better. It had a higher % of drunken Yahoo!'S who would scream their lungs out.

The Linc is not quite the same decibal level, but much of that is stadium design not effort.

The acoustics suck, and a large chunk of the blue collar fan base has been priced out. Put that together and you have a mediocre home advantage, though saying it's the worst in the NFL is really stupid.

They wanted a more family friendly, corporate atmosphere, and they got it. So you don't have to worry about angry drunks tipping over port-a-potties, BUT you also don't have that energy and opponents' fear the Vet had.

It is really annoying how simple design can turn a bunch of bandwagon, Northwest dipshits into the 'loudest fan base' in the country, where they used to have that stupid decibel meter every game. I wonder why we couldn't plan that out more.
Rick
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 24 2017, 08:47 PM) *

Been a while since I was at the Vet but it was louder because it was a bowl. The Linc is more open so the sound gets out. But it's much louder there than it sounds on TV.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.