Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Embiid expected to play only 16 minutes in opener!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
He had a slight meniscus tear.

Eight months ago!

Jon Ritchie said he missed one game with his tear as an NFL FB a few years back.

My college roommate and teammate missed less than three weeks after the procedure, and that was 1984 when medical science was no where near what it is today. He returned to play full time RF and was a significant base stealer and hit many extra base hits where he had to go all out.

This team isn't making it to 40 wins. If he can't play almost a full game 8 mos after a miniscus procedure, he isn't going to play enough this year to get us over the hurdle.

The pussification of a team.

It's a joke.
Reality Fan
Mikey...I am loading the torches and pitchforks. My father tore his meniscus at age 75. He was an avid gym guy who did 40 minutes on the elliptical near its max setting 4 times a week as well as running and weights and he only missed 5 weeks before resuming full workouts...at 75!!!

Absolutely the worse medical staff management in the history of sports
nephillymike
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 17 2017, 08:16 PM) *
Mikey...I am loading the torches and pitchforks. My father tore his meniscus at age 75. He was an avid gym guy who did 40 minutes on the elliptical near its max setting 4 times a week as well as running and weights and he only missed 5 weeks before resuming full workouts...at 75!!!

Absolutely the worse medical staff management in the history of sports

Think about that!

That is a great story about your Dad. There are a lot of people chiming in with meniscus stories. It's ridiculously embarrassing.
Phits
Did you catch that nasty injury to Hayward from the Celts?

nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 17 2017, 10:32 PM) *
Did you catch that nasty injury to Hayward from the Celts?

Wow, that's a shame. Never want to see that.

That gruesome look reminds me of that Louisville player years ago.

He just landed awkwardly.
D Rock
For what it’s worth, Joel is just as pissed about this decision as you are. On the other hand, he did put up 20,7,3,1 in only 14 mins the other night. Maybe they just wanna keep it fair for the other team.

That Hayward injury was awe full. I said at the time that it reminded me of Darby’s dislocation. Turns out, that’s what it is. It’s dislocated. He did have some non displaced fracture at the bottom of the tibia, but it’s not nearly as bad as it looks.
Joegrane
Didn't he sprain his foot in the second game he played this season?!

The $-guys in the front office know that people will pay to see him play 20 minutes or 35min. If they play him 20 min they reduce the risk of injury--reduce the chance that he does not play at all and therefore loose $ when people decide to not go to the game.

There is still no reason to think this guy is going to even have just below average health. Hopefully he'll become a health-nut and load up with amino acid shakes, vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, antioxidants, etc to try to stabilize his health.

Someone better be teaching him what the body needs to make and repair muscle and collagen--vitamin C, amino acids, etc, not fast "food" burgers. For example,
https://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/...t-collagen3.htm

Hopefully he is paying attention to Tom Brady's success and his health-conscious diet.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 17 2017, 07:50 PM) *

Eight months ago!

Jon Ritchie said he missed one game with his tear as an NFL FB a few years back.

My college roommate and teammate missed less than three weeks after the procedure, and that was 1984 when medical science was no where near what it is today. He returned to play full time RF and was a significant base stealer and hit many extra base hits where he had to go all out.

This team isn't making it to 40 wins. If he can't play almost a full game 8 mos after a miniscus procedure, he isn't going to play enough this year to get us over the hurdle.

It's a joke.
Joegrane
He actually played closer to 26 minutes in DC, no?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 17 2017, 07:50 PM) *

Eight months ago!

It's a joke.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.