Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NFL Week 6 News
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Joegrane
Aaron Rodgers broke his collar bone on the right side. GB lost to Minn. Will they be able to win enough games without him to stay in the playoff race? I hope CW is paying attention.

New Orleans put up 52 pts on Detroit in a high scoring affair.

Miami beat Atlanta--huh?

The Skins coming off their bye got past San Fran only by 2 -- 26-24

Chicago beat Baltimore.

Arizona with Adrian Peterson won big over Tampa 24-0. I thought D Jax would have TB in the playoff picture.

The Eagles might be the #1 team in the NFC, although I'm not counting out that machine in Seattle. My guess is that GB is out of it since Min and Det are not bad teams and Chi seems improved. There will be no easy wins in the NFC North.

Parity continues in the NFL.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 15 2017, 05:30 PM) *
The Eagles might be the #1 team in the NFC, although I'm not counting out that machine in Seattle. My guess is that GB is out of it since Min and Det are not bad teams and Chi seems improved. There will be no easy wins in the NFC North.

The team I would worry about most in the NFC is Atlanta. There's another 4 or 5 teams that can do damage in January, including Seattle. And with Adrian Peterson getting a full load again, even Arizona could be completely revamped. It'll be an exciting season.
The Franchise
And of course, any conversation about Super Bowl contenders has to recognize the fact that no matter how many regular season wins he has, Andy ain't one of them.

Down 12-3, at your own 26. It's 2nd and 21, with 34 seconds to go in the half. You've just had one of the worst halves in memory.

PASS! Alex Smith takes a hit, off-setting penalties.

2nd and 21 again, this time with 28 seconds left.

PASS! Alex Smith takes another hit and is sacked, and the Steelers let the clock run down.

God what a fucking idiot.
Joegrane
Seems to me that the idot is the QB for taking the hits.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 15 2017, 04:51 PM) *
And of course, any conversation about Super Bowl contenders has to recognize the fact that no matter how many regular season wins he has, Andy ain't one of them.

Down 12-3, at your own 26. It's 2nd and 21, with 34 seconds to go in the half. You've just had one of the worst halves in memory.

PASS! Alex Smith takes a hit, off-setting penalties.

2nd and 21 again, this time with 28 seconds left.

PASS! Alex Smith takes another hit and is sacked, and the Steelers let the clock run down.

God what a fucking idiot.

The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 15 2017, 07:49 PM) *
Seems to me that the idot is the QB for taking the hits.

That's because you don't know what you're talking about.
Joegrane
In the late games:

the Giants shocked the Broncos in Denver 24-10. Score was 20-3 after three quarters.

Pitt got past KC 19-13 in KC.

That is what can happen to the Eagles if they don't come ready to play every week.

QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 15 2017, 04:30 PM) *
Aaron Rodgers broke his collar bone on the right side. GB lost to Minn. Will they be able to win enough games without him to stay in the playoff race? I hope CW is paying attention.

New Orleans put up 52 pts on Detroit in a high scoring affair.

Miami beat Atlanta--huh?

The Skins coming off their bye got past San Fran only by 2 -- 26-24

Chicago beat Baltimore.

Arizona with Adrian Peterson won big over Tampa 24-0. I thought D Jax would have TB in the playoff picture.

Pila
No NFL team is going to just let you show up for a gift.
nephillymike
Imagine all of the suicide pools that got destroyed yesterday?

Having ATL and DEN BOTH lose at home as double digit favorites?

I bet the odds of that happening was less than a 5% chance.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 16 2017, 02:22 PM) *
Having ATL and DEN BOTH lose at home as double digit favorites?

I bet the odds of that happening was less than a 5% chance.

I would've bet on Miami with the points, and not touched the Giants game - but I still would be shocked knowing the Giants would win in Denver by 13 points.

As for moneyline (just winning outright, no spread), the Giants were +581 and the Dolphins +638. In other words, if you parlayed both and bet $100, you would've come away with $4,926. That's worth a Giants win to me.
nephillymike
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 16 2017, 03:19 PM) *
I would've bet on Miami with the points, and not touched the Giants game - but I still would be shocked knowing the Giants would win in Denver by 13 points.

As for moneyline (just winning outright, no spread), the Giants were +581 and the Dolphins +638. In other words, if you parlayed both and bet $100, you would've come away with $4,926. That's worth a Giants win to me.

If I am doing the math right, that's about a 2.1% chance of happening.

Nice if you money lined the other side.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 16 2017, 03:28 PM) *
If I am doing the math right, that's about a 2.1% chance of happening.

Nice if you money lined the other side.

I'm getting 1.99%, but whatever.

On the flip side, both favorites were -800. It would be a classic example of rich guys dropping a lot for a 'lock.' Parlay Denver and Atlanta to win outright, and bet $100k. You come away with a profit of $26,563. 80% chance of winning.

Easy money, right?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.