Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something that I haven't seen mentioned
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Agholor scored a TD and gave the ball to Kelce to spike. I don't remember seeing this kind of thing happen before ... ever. Maybe it's nothing, but to me it's an indication that this really is a team, not a compilation of individuals. Not a guy playing like a dog or a guy pretending to be a comic book super hero. Credit to Pederson for cultivating that from his players.
nephillymike
I agree.

That was impressive and is a good sign of a team.
Pila
The gesture more so than the actual celebration. That was corny. Hope it's a season filed with them though.
Joegrane
Last week it was the baseball home run end zone celebration.

I'm betting Wentz is behind this, not Pedey, but I bet some reporter will eventually ask.

Contrast that with OBJ's antics. Thankfully we don't have to see any more of them this year.

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 15 2017, 05:36 AM) *
Agholor scored a TD and gave the ball to Kelce to spike. I don't remember seeing this kind of thing happen before ... ever. Maybe it's nothing, but to me it's an indication that this really is a team, not a compilation of individuals. Not a guy playing like a dog or a guy pretending to be a comic book super hero. Credit to Pederson for cultivating that from his players.

The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 15 2017, 12:30 PM) *
Contrast that with OBJ's antics. Thankfully we don't have to see any more of them this year.

God it's so much fun watching him get injured. Even then he has to go into theatrics.
Joegrane
Speaking about "team," an hour or so ago I was listening to KLove Christian radio and they told a story about an unnamed Eagles WR.

KLove's programming comes out of S California and then is sent to the Internet and radio stations around the country, including 106.9 out of Camden NJ. I think they use pre-recorded segments so I don't know when the event occurred.

They said one of the Eagles WRs was recently baptized in the pool at the hotel they stayed in while many people and players were around to watch.

I don't know the significance for the Eagles as a team. Maybe it was just something that happens occasionally. If I recall correctly McNabb and Dawk had a team bible study back in their day that seemed to be part of team-building--at least for those who were interested.

At the very least this type of activity seems to be less likely to be problematic than the WRs meeting at the local strip club, partying too late, getting into trouble with the girls, etc. I'm referring to the N Agholor incident a couple of years ago.

I'm not discouraging fun events but life requires the ability to balance fun and various responsibilities. These guys have a pile of $ they can use to get into trouble or at least to distract them from preparing for the next opponent.

Good team leadership can help young guys to make wiser choices, unlike the stupidity rumored to have occurred among the Raiders a couple of weeks ago. The Eagles and Raiders seem to be teams going in opposite directions. Maybe effective team leadership is one reason.

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 15 2017, 05:36 AM) *
xsv
I really like that they are doing TEAM celebrations now that they are legal again. Like othershave aaid, I think they really bring a team together.

I hope they continue.
nephillymike
I was a fan of the Wentz-Matthews all business TD celebrations from last year.

The tightened up thier ties and then shook hands and said, all business.
samaroo
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 16 2017, 07:35 AM) *
I was a fan of the Wentz-Matthews all business TD celebrations from last year.

The tightened up thier ties and then shook hands and said, all business.

Yep, my son does that with one of his teammates now. It's pretty awesome.
Eagle2720
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 15 2017, 02:55 PM) *
Speaking about "team," an hour or so ago I was listening to KLove Christian radio and they told a story about an unnamed Eagles WR.

KLove's programming comes out of S California and then is sent to the Internet and radio stations around the country, including 106.9 out of Camden NJ. I think they use pre-recorded segments so I don't know when the event occurred.

They said one of the Eagles WRs was recently baptized in the pool at the hotel they stayed in while many people and players were around to watch.

I don't know the significance for the Eagles as a team. Maybe it was just something that happens occasionally. If I recall correctly McNabb and Dawk had a team bible study back in their day that seemed to be part of team-building--at least for those who were interested.

At the very least this type of activity seems to be less likely to be problematic than the WRs meeting at the local strip club, partying too late, getting into trouble with the girls, etc. I'm referring to the N Agholor incident a couple of years ago.

I'm not discouraging fun events but life requires the ability to balance fun and various responsibilities. These guys have a pile of $ they can use to get into trouble or at least to distract them from preparing for the next opponent.

Good team leadership can help young guys to make wiser choices, unlike the stupidity rumored to have occurred among the Raiders a couple of weeks ago. The Eagles and Raiders seem to be teams going in opposite directions. Maybe effective team leadership is one reason.

They did and it was Marcus Johnson that got baptized, a few of the Eagles were there in support as well.
Pila
QUOTE (Eagle2720 @ Oct 17 2017, 08:16 PM) *
They did and it was Marcus Johnson that got baptized, a few of the Eagles were there in support as well.

Wheuf! What a relief! Now he won't burn in hell!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Pila @ Oct 17 2017, 02:47 PM) *
Wheuf! What a relief! Now he won't burn in hell!

He's just trying to get on Carson's good side to get a couple extra touches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.