Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glad we kept Kendricks
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
He made a few mistakes, but he made big plays too, and with 17 tackles total, he was very busy.
Schwartz kept him in on passing down and pulled Walker, and it was a big reason the D kept shining without Hicks in the middle.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 14 2017, 12:16 PM) *
He made a few mistakes, but he made big plays too, and with 17 tackles total, he was very busy.
Schwartz kept him in on passing down and pulled Walker, and it was a big reason the D kept shining without Hicks in the middle.

This is the best defense we've had in almost 10 years, and that's with a sub-par secondary. Imagine when Darby comes back.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 14 2017, 02:17 PM) *
This is the best defense we've had in almost 10 years, and that's with a sub-par secondary. Imagine when Darby comes back.

Don't forget Sidney Jones is also on the shelf. We have gone from not a single decent CB to 5 pretty good ones, and maybe even a stud or two once Darby and Jones hit the field.
Joegrane
Kendricks has impressive make-up speed. I suppose his short arms are a liability when taking on blockers from the O Line.

Check out this spider chart of his data compared with Safeties.
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/mychal...cks?position=DB

He has the length and athleticism of a S with the weight and strength of a LB.

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 14 2017, 01:17 PM) *

Birdman420
Why would we pull the players getting the job done for a returning starter? I'm not saying robinson is better then darby but he's kind of playing at a top level right now.

Joegrane
Wow, do you want the rookie, R Douglas instead of Darby!? You don't think Darby with his make-up speed is better than J Mills?! That would leave Robinson where he is at his best, in the slot.

The Eagles secondary looked pretty good vs Carolina because they have a weak O Line and not a lot of speed at WR. The long but slow rookie Douglas matched up well vs Carolina but will struggle against quicker WRs. Darby will do better with the latter.

Eventually I can see Darby handling one side, maybe getting a couple of plays off if S Jones is ready to contribute to some extent late this year.

On the other side I can see Mills and Douglass being used to matchup depending on the opponent.

Hopefully they won't lose any more DBs this year. ( That sentence is for Pila's sanity : )

QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Oct 14 2017, 08:13 PM) *
Why would we pull the players getting the job done for a returning starter? I'm not saying robinson is better then darby but he's kind of playing at a top level right now.

nephillymike
Kendricks has been an awesome surprise.

Bradham isn't giving up his starting spot.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 14 2017, 09:37 PM) *
Wow, do you want the rookie, R Douglas instead of Darby!? You don't think Darby with his make-up speed is better than J Mills?! That would leave Robinson where he is at his best, in the slot.

The Eagles secondary looked pretty good vs Carolina because they have a weak O Line and not a lot of speed at WR. The long but slow rookie Douglas matched up well vs Carolina but will struggle against quicker WRs. Darby will do better with the latter.

Eventually I can see Darby handling one side, maybe getting a couple of plays off if S Jones is ready to contribute to some extent late this year.

On the other side I can see Mills and Douglass being used to matchup depending on the opponent.

Hopefully they won't lose any more DBs this year. ( That sentence is for Pila's sanity : )

You realize that Darby dislocated his ankle? he is not going to have his "closing" speed for a while.
Joegrane
If so, then why rush him back before he is able to give >90%
Do you have some extraordinary knowledge about his progress?
Do you expect him to be better than Mills vs speed WRs in the near future, by the 1st Cowboys game?

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 15 2017, 11:07 PM) *
You realize that Darby dislocated his ankle? he is not going to have his "closing" speed for a while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.