Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Zone game has improved
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I'm surprised Jeffery isn't a bigger part of the RZ improvement, but Ertz is becoming a beast inside the 20. This is a big part of the team's improvement.

I can't get it out of my head ... what will this team be like when Darby and (maybe) Jones are playing? As much as I'm loving watching Blount rumble, can you imagine what he'll be like if they draft a productive 3 down back to pair with him?
Joegrane
At this point they don't need a "third down back". They already have the best 3rd down efficiency in the NFL!

Think about what might happen if Blount could actually be counted on to pick up a blitz!!!? This is what PISSES me off so much about him. He could have a bigger role if he could throw his 245lbs around in blitz pickup! He's as big as most of the LBs coming at him. Clearly the team would be more effective if he could or would do that.

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 13 2017, 07:11 AM) *
I'm surprised Jeffery isn't a bigger part of the RZ improvement, but Ertz is becoming a beast inside the 20. This is a big part of the team's improvement.

I can't get it out of my head ... what will this team be like when Darby and (maybe) Jones are playing? As much as I'm loving watching Blount rumble, can you imagine what he'll be like if they draft a productive 3 down back to pair with him?

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 13 2017, 10:11 AM) *
At this point they don't need a "third down back". They already have the best 3rd down efficiency in the NFL!

Think about what might happen if Blount could actually be counted on to pick up a blitz!!!? This is what PISSES me off so much about him. He could have a bigger role if he could throw his 245lbs around in blitz pickup! He's as big as most of the LBs coming at him. Clearly the team would be more effective if he could or would do that.

Hopefully Duce can improve Blount in that respect, after a few of his whiffs last night there is plenty of film to point out his lack of effectiveness in that area.
Zero
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 13 2017, 10:11 AM) *

Not a third down back, a three down back. A feature runner. Team his with Blount for a year or so and when Blount moves on, we're set.
Joegrane
Oh, I agree with that; however, I'm not so sure they'll be able to afford to have Blount on the team due to cap $ and roster spots.

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 13 2017, 05:32 PM) *
Not a third down back, a three down back. A feature runner. Team his with Blount for a year or so and when Blount moves on, we're set.

The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 13 2017, 09:04 PM) *
Oh, I agree with that; however, I'm not so sure they'll be able to afford to have Blount on the team due to cap $ and roster spots.

Not to crash your hate fest, but he's by far the best RB on the team - in fact, he's 4th in the NFL in yards/attempt.....

BUT HE CAN'T PICK UP THE BLITZ ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!11!1!!
Joegrane
So on 3rd and 3 do you want Blount in the game if he can't be counted on to not whiff on a blitz?

I'd love to have him in the game in that situation so you have run-pass option but I could not do it because he whiffs too often.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm pissed about his blitz whiffs because I'd like to see him on the field more often!

QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 13 2017, 08:24 PM) *
Not to crash your hate fest, but he's by far the best RB on the team - in fact, he's 4th in the NFL in yards/attempt.....

BUT HE CAN'T PICK UP THE BLITZ ROBBLE ROBBLE ROBBLE!11!1!!

The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 14 2017, 11:31 AM) *
So on 3rd and 3 do you want Blount in the game if he can't be counted on to not whiff on a blitz?

I'd love to have him in the game in that situation so you have run-pass option but I could not do it because he whiffs too often.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm pissed about his blitz whiffs because I'd like to see him on the field more often!

I honestly remember one time where he could've helped on a blitz, but was already moving out as a receiver. If you have video showing that he's 'whiffing' on every other play, please share it.
Pila
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 14 2017, 05:07 PM) *
I honestly remember one time where he could've helped on a blitz, but was already moving out as a receiver. If you have video showing that he's 'whiffing' on every other play, please share it.

He had had a few, but I think the notion that it's habitual is forced. In terms of blatant whiffs, I'm not sure it numbers higher than any other back not named Sproles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.