Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something tells me Sturgis won't
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Elliot has been money since that first game. I doubt Sturgis comes off of IR.
mcnabbulous
It’s a done deal. And the correct decision. Hopefully he’s our kicker for a decade.
CT_Eagle
It sucks to lose your job to injury but it happens. Sturgis will be signed by another team quickly.
Joegrane
How does that work? If he comes off IR the Eagles have to release or trade him, correct? To trade him would he have to be on the 53? If so someone else would have to get bumped off the 53. He is due to come back fairly soon, correct?

QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 13 2017, 06:48 AM) *

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 13 2017, 07:48 AM) *

They ought to make it a full season IR for Sturgis as insurance, as great as Elliot has been, I will reserve judgement until I see him keep it up when the weather turns cold. Then there is the Cody Parker factor, great debut, blew out his leg and gone the next year because he was not the same. They have the ability to hold on to Sturgis the with the IR move and that's what I would do.
D Rock
He will certainly remain on IR for the remainder of this season. Next off season he’ll get a chance to compete, but unless the kid falters, it’ll be an uphill battle for him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.