Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I heard there's a football game tomorrow night
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I found this on a site called EaglesZone. As a card carrying member of the DKD club, I'm curious if there's validity to it. I know scoring early forces the other team to try to score quicker, mostly through the air, but I'm not convinced the Panthers are "incredibly easy to beat."
Easiest way to beat the Panthers is to get an early lead. When you get an early lead you make a team one-dimensional. Panthers play off of making you guess. The Panthers run more bunch formations than any team in the league. They constantly use sets consisting Fullbacks, Two Running Backs, Two Tight Ends. These sets make you play 8 in the box so that you can stop the run and than before you know it, Cam goes in Play Action and throws a 50 yard bomb across the field to a 6’5 receiver. The Panthers are incredibly easy to beat if you force them to spread out and become one dimensional. The Panthers only have 4 receivers on their entire roster and the starting receivers aren’t even receivers. Kelvin Benjamin is 6’5 245 lbs and Devin Funchess is 6’5 236 lbs. These aren’t receivers, they’re like super athletic Tight Ends. If the Eagles are able to play Cover 2, the Panthers offense wont be able to do anything. Eagles lead the NFL in first quarter points and first quarter point differential, so if the Eagles keep that trend then this one should be a lot easier than expected.
Eyrie
I'm not optimistic about our chances, but as I said earlier in the week a loss here may actually benefit the rest of our season.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 11 2017, 05:40 PM) *
I found this on a site called EaglesZone. As a card carrying member of the DKD club, I'm curious if there's validity to it. I know scoring early forces the other team to try to score quicker, mostly through the air, but I'm not convinced the Panthers are "incredibly easy to beat."

I saw something written by someone down there that said this, 'S-Kurt Coleman, their best DB, is out, so the secondary is thin.' All I can say is...wow, really? If that is the case, Wentz should have a field day. Peppers worries me, but at 37, I doubt he will be able to bring it on as hard on just 3 days rest. They are having trouble running the ball, and I doubt they will fare much better this week, so that might impair their ability to play ball control football. I expect a loss, I hate Thursday games, and on the road it is even harder, but I think they have a chance if they play smart. Run it, stop their run, control the clock and we can win.
Joegrane
I think I read that home field advantage on Thurs Eve is much greater, something like 10% points better for the home team.

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 11 2017, 06:11 PM) *
I saw something written by someone down there that said this, 'S-Kurt Coleman, their best DB, is out, so the secondary is thin.' All I can say is...wow, really? If that is the case, Wentz should have a field day. Peppers worries me, but at 37, I doubt he will be able to bring it on as hard on just 3 days rest. They are having trouble running the ball, and I doubt they will fare much better this week, so that might impair their ability to play ball control football. I expect a loss, I hate Thursday games, and on the road it is even harder, but I think they have a chance if they play smart. Run it, stop their run, control the clock and we can win.

bwc2112
I will be in the stands Proudly representing Green !Fly Eagles Fly !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.