Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: They are for real
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
My reservations about our HC are fading fast, these guys are playing like a well oiled machine, in all three phases of the game. Did Barner just make Pumphrey's future bleaker? He gained more punt return yardage today than his entire career, looks like he is taking his chance seriously. Nelson A has gained quite a bit of confidence, that long TD finish had shades of DJax and that is only because he is confident.

But Wentz had an unreal day, on third down he was 11-12, for over 200 yards, and 3 TDS, that is beyond impressive!

No Cox on D, but Curry and Graham were beasts all day, we are talented, deep, and playing with confidence, all with a QB that is just starting to find his game. Damn it feels good!
Zero
Agreed about Pederson and the rest. I was thinking that he's got this team playing in every game and seems to be pushing all the right buttons.
nephillymike
Yes, one of the more impressive wins I can remember.

I feel confident that this is a playoff caliber team.

Tough one coming up, but we look real good.

I love the clock management. 6.44 last week to close out the game, 9.00 + min drive with a FG in the 4th today.

Things of beauty.
Joegrane
I've been really cautiously optimistic this season so far due to the W-L record of the teams the Eagles have beaten. Maybe the Cards will turn out to be another well below average team, however, this time the Eagles did not need a long FG to win at home.

Things did go the Eagles way a few times. The Card's last play at the the pylon was one. A couple of times Eagles DBs got a finger on a pass that could have gone for a TD. However those plays were not numerous enough to have changed the outcome. The Eagles would win a best of three series with the Cards but the scores would not be so lopsided.

Except for the foolish keeper on the option and maybe two other plays CW played out of his mind. So much for the reputation for not connecting on the deep ball!

Normally if you loose a guy of Sproles caliber plus your kicker your STs are going to be hurting. You can expect muffed punts, missed FGs in big spots, etc. However, the replacements have been impressive!

The Eagles accomplished this without their best player and arguably their most important RB.

Their outside CBs are easily the team's weakness and yet they will be getting their best CB back in the next few weeks and will add a 1st round talent CB to the secondary depth before the end of the year!

I agree that "they are for real." They looked like a playoff caliber team.

QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 8 2017, 03:11 PM) *
My reservations about our HC are fading fast, these guys are playing like a well oiled machine, in all three phases of the game. Did Barner just make Pumphrey's future bleaker? He gained more punt return yardage today than his entire career, looks like he is taking his chance seriously. Nelson A has gained quite a bit of confidence, that long TD finish had shades of DJax and that is only because he is confident.

But Wentz had an unreal day, on third down he was 11-12, for over 200 yards, and 3 TDS, that is beyond impressive!

No Cox on D, but Curry and Graham were beasts all day, we are talented, deep, and playing with confidence, all with a QB that is just starting to find his game. Damn it feels good!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.