Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got a bad feeling about this game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
This is the Cardinals, a team that has painstakingly beat us six out of the last eight, most of which we were favorites. Even back to Buddy Ryan days, we always found ways to lose to this team.

Martay Funking Jenkins!

We run it well, they defend the run well.

They have speed in the WR spot, we can't cover speed.

They have an accurate veteran QB who can get the ball out quick ala Sheli.

We should dominate their OL in passing downs, but as NYG have shown, you can't sack the QB in two seconds and you can't cover WR for two seconds if you give them a ten yard cushion.

I see WR slant after WR six yard hook biding time for the one Fitzgerald takes to the house.

Normally, we would be able to match up real well in the passing games, our RB on their LB. Unfortunately, no Sproles and likely no Smallwood make that unlikely.

I hope I am wrong as I would love to crush this fucking team. They've been a big pain in the ass of this fan over the years.

Not seeing it:

Cards 21
Birds 20

It will be a tough week of recovery. However, in the ebb and flow of the NFL, I'd trade a loss here for a win vs WAS next week.
Rick
The Cardinals have ALWAYS been a PITA to the Eagles. This game is no exception. The only good thing is they're in Philly.
Joegrane
I agree. I don't think the Eagles without cox and Darby are as good as sports writers think they are.

I think home field plus some CW heroics, plus the return of all of our safties will be enough to get a W.

we'll get to see how good Blount's conditioning is and how well Clement can handle the blitz

QUOTE (Rick @ Oct 7 2017, 07:05 AM) *
?
The Cardinals have ALWAYS been a PITA to the Eagles. This game is no exception. The only good thing is they're in Philly.
The Franchise
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 7 2017, 06:01 AM) *
Not seeing it:

Cards 21
Birds 20

It will be a tough week of recovery. However, in the ebb and flow of the NFL, I'd trade a loss here for a win vs WAS next week.

I'll always love Troy Vincent, but Martay Jenkins was probably the worst play of his career. And why did we rush 4 in an obvious Hail Mary situation? Why was there no help?

Fitzgerald should have a big day, I see a bit higher score than your 21-20. The spread is -6.5, which is shocking. Over is 45, should be an easy over. We'll revisit Monday.
The Franchise
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 7 2017, 11:54 AM) *
Over is 45, should be an easy over. We'll revisit Monday.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

WOW. TD, the over hits.....oh wait, touchback. And remotes are flying through tv's everywhere. This is why you shouldn't gamble people.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 8 2017, 04:04 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

WOW. TD, the over hits.....oh wait, touchback. And remotes are flying through tv's everywhere. This is why you shouldn't gamble people.

The fact that the last TD would have made no difference makes that play by our D even more impressive, hustling to the end even though they had the win already. Or maybe the defender had the under with his bookie? unsure.gif
The Franchise
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 8 2017, 03:29 PM) *
The fact that the last TD would have made no difference makes that play by our D even more impressive, hustling to the end even though they had the win already. Or maybe the defender had the under with his bookie? unsure.gif

Yup, it was for pride. They played a great game and didn't want to give up anything extra in garbage time. Great effort.

If he was guarding the under as an extra bonus, no complaints.
bwc2112
Well Mr. Mikey numbers , today the stats meant nothing. WE ROCKED THAT GAME !
On October 12,2017 I will be at Bank of America Stadium. North side of the field 2nd tier at the 50. The Green #20 is me. (My wife is a Carolina fan ) the gorgeous brunette next tome is wife .
If any are coming down for the game let me know. Just Bruce
bwc2112
Who Took the under ?
nephillymike
QUOTE (bwc2112 @ Oct 8 2017, 03:41 PM) *
Well Mr. Mikey numbers , today the stats meant nothing. WE ROCKED THAT GAME !
On October 12,2017 I will be at Bank of America Stadium. North side of the field 2nd tier at the 50. The Green #20 is me. (My wife is a Carolina fan ) the gorgeous brunette next tome is wife .
If any are coming down for the game let me know. Just Bruce

She better be gorgeous if she is a CAR fan.

It's the only way that is acceptable!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.