Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedey may have potential
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
He might actually be learning from the mistakes of the first two weeks and the results are looking good.
Our O is starting to click, even though it appears uneven and damn maddening at times, but the stats don't lie. We are #1 in TOP, and in top ten in things like 3rd down efficiency, total plays, YP Carry, etc. 4th quarter D is clearly a concern for now, but the way the O chewed up 6:44 in the fourth to run out the clock shows that when one aspect is off, another one steps up to cover them. They look like a team that is getting better each week and for those who had 'serious concerns,' it looks like you were a little premature. It could fall apart, but I don't think it will, at least I am seeing signs that they are coming together as an overall solid team.
Pila
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 2 2017, 06:04 PM) *
He might actually be learning from the mistakes of the first two weeks and the results are looking good.
Our O is starting to click, even though it appears uneven and damn maddening at times, but the stats don't lie. We are #1 in TOP, and in top ten in things like 3rd down efficiency, total plays, YP Carry, etc. 4th quarter D is clearly a concern for now, but the way the O chewed up 6:44 in the fourth to run out the clock shows that when one aspect is off, another one steps up to cover them. They look like a team that is getting better each week and for those who had 'serious concerns,' it looks like you were a little premature. It could fall apart, but I don't think it will, at least I am seeing signs that they are coming together as an overall solid team.

There's a sense of overall maturity, where the situation presents a sense of intuition, familiarity that is no stranger to experience. In other words, a previous season of similar situations where the absence of experience led to mistakes.

Everyone in leadership roles is projecting something completely different this time.
Reality Fan
the guy has been doing a pretty good job since he has been there. Just because he does not do things that some here do not like does not mean he is performing poorly. Every coach makes calls we, the fans, sometimes disagree with. It really is a matter of whether the teams are prepared on game day and if they compete. So far he has done a pretty good job of both and seems to be evolving in a positive direction in all aspects.
nephillymike
That last drive of the game when we ran it down their throats when everyone in the building knew what we were doing was a thing of beauty.

Worries of an Andy clone ended right there.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 2 2017, 04:20 PM) *
the guy has been doing a pretty good job since he has been there. Just because he does not do things that some here do not like does not mean he is performing poorly. Every coach makes calls we, the fans, sometimes disagree with. It really is a matter of whether the teams are prepared on game day and if they compete. So far he has done a pretty good job of both and seems to be evolving in a positive direction in all aspects.

I agree, but Pederson was more than a rookie HC. He's learning on the job. No complaints about Sunday, but just like any young player, we need to wait to see what he develops into.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 3 2017, 02:07 AM) *
That last drive of the game when we ran it down their throats when everyone in the building knew what we were doing was a thing of beauty.

Worries of an Andy clone ended right there.

It was definitely a good sign. It is also one of things I mentioned a few weeks ago when I stated I want to see this offense impose it's will on a defense. That drive was the first time I have seen that this season. Great job there and hopefully a sign of things to come.
Joegrane
The Bolt's D is poor against the run. They'll revert to their previous methods when facing a stout run D.

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 3 2017, 07:32 AM) *
It was definitely a good sign. It is also one of things I mentioned a few weeks ago when I stated I want to see this offense impose it's will on a defense. That drive was the first time I have seen that this season. Great job there and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 3 2017, 05:18 AM) *
I agree, but Pederson was more than a rookie HC. He's learning on the job. No complaints about Sunday, but just like any young player, we need to wait to see what he develops into.

How was he 'more then a rookie" HC? Which was last year, by the way. He did a good job as a rookie HC with a limited roster. He was not perfect but he was good. He has his team ready to play and I think he has had a good game plan in all but 1 of the 20 games he has coached.
Zero
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 3 2017, 09:44 AM) *
How was he 'more then a rookie" HC? Which was last year, by the way. He did a good job as a rookie HC with a limited roster. He was not perfect but he was good. He has his team ready to play and I think he has had a good game plan in all but 1 of the 20 games he has coached.
"Was" being the operative word, he was coming off of a two year stint as OC under a coach who is also the OC. And that was after coming from a HS program. My point was that he had less experience than one would expect a HC to have. I understand that Andy was never a coordinator even, so I'm not putting him down only pointing out his limited experience. And, because he did do a decent job last year, that's a positive for him.

Stop being so defensive. Are you his agent or something?
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 3 2017, 04:23 PM) *
"Was" being the operative word, he was coming off of a two year stint as OC under a coach who is also the OC. And that was after coming from a HS program. My point was that he had less experience than one would expect a HC to have. I understand that Andy was never a coordinator even, so I'm not putting him down only pointing out his limited experience. And, because he did do a decent job last year, that's a positive for him.

Stop being so defensive. Are you his agent or something?

No...I just stick with the facts.

He came from a reid coached team and played under some of the best coaches in league history so he wasn't just a guy fresh from a high school program. He was a guy who played 14 years under some legendary coaches and then worked under Reid and from accounts out there he flew up the ladder because he was always very good at each position and it was obvious that he was going to get an HC job at some point. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd game the announcers commented on that specific point.(Maybe the KC game) So I kind of disagree with your idea that he had less experience than one would expect. He did not have that much less than Jack Del Rio.
The Franchise
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 3 2017, 09:38 AM) *
The Bolt's D is poor against the run. They'll revert to their previous methods when facing a stout run D.

My worries are this, when the plan doesn't immediately work and abandoning the run. Of course he has potential, but I've seen a lot of red flags which I've made clear. Obviously I'm rooting for him to keep winning.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 4 2017, 07:54 AM) *
My worries are this, when the plan doesn't immediately work and abandoning the run. Of course he has potential, but I've seen a lot of red flags which I've made clear. Obviously I'm rooting for him to keep winning.

I have the same concern. He is an Andy disciple. Hopefully he goes his own way on this.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 4 2017, 02:54 AM) *

No offense but the red flags you see are ones you want to see. You hated Andy Reid and you see Doug Pederson as ANdy part 2. There is no rational expectations on your part. He has done a pretty good job so far. Considering the hand he was dealt he has done very well.
Joegrane
I agree about the job he has done; however I don't think we give enough credit to the group of veteran coordinators and other coaches that Lurie provided to Pedey.

QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 4 2017, 09:28 AM) *
No offense but the red flags you see are ones you want to see. You hated Andy Reid and you see Doug Pederson as ANdy part 2. There is no rational expectations on your part. He has done a pretty good job so far. Considering the hand he was dealt he has done very well.

Reality Fan
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Oct 4 2017, 10:32 AM) *
I agree about the job he has done; however I don't think we give enough credit to the group of veteran coordinators and other coaches that Lurie provided to Pedey.

Lurie provided? Who, other than Schwartz, did Pederson not pick? Is there some information out there that indicates that Pederson was not involved in building his staff? Part of being a good coach is picking your staff. Beyond that, is there something out there that says that Pederson did not hire Schwartz?
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 4 2017, 09:28 AM) *
No offense but the red flags you see are ones you want to see.

Believe me, I do NOT want to see them.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (The Franchise @ Oct 4 2017, 02:12 PM) *
Believe me, I do NOT want to see them.

My apologies....any red flags you see or at least most are a product of a predisposed bias you have due to his history with Reid.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 4 2017, 06:27 PM) *
Lurie provided? Who, other than Schwartz, did Pederson not pick? Is there some information out there that indicates that Pederson was not involved in building his staff? Part of being a good coach is picking your staff. Beyond that, is there something out there that says that Pederson did not hire Schwartz?

Staley is the only other one that comes to mind
The Franchise
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 4 2017, 01:33 PM) *
My apologies....any red flags you see or at least most are a product of a predisposed bias you have due to his history with Reid.

Correct.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.