Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sproles - Torn ACL
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
CT_Eagle
Earlier reports stated it was a broken arm. Where did this come from?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/breaki...rVLZ?li=BBnbfcL
mcnabbulous
Both happened on the same play
CT_Eagle
I know.

The earlier reports today only mentioned the arm. The ACL info was released later.
Rick
Shit!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 25 2017, 11:17 AM) *
I know.

The earlier reports today only mentioned the arm. The ACL info was released later.

Oh gotcha. Yeah, I was surprised myself. Had a friend mention it and thought he was mistaken.
CT_Eagle
It really sucks. Considering his age that may be the last play of his NFL career.
The Franchise
Unbelievable. It looked like nothing, he pulled a muscle or something.

ACL tear and a broken arm? He had a great career, time to hang 'em up. I guess this opens the door for more Smallwood. rolleyes.gif
D Rock
Hey, at least Blount was getting his needed rest.

No need to ration touches on a 34 year old midget running back.

Eyrie
Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit.

Here's hoping Sproles makes a full recovery.

Don't know if he'll want to play one last season after losing this year.
Joegrane
One guy was looking quick and in shape the other like an overweight bum

QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 25 2017, 12:51 PM) *

CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 25 2017, 08:40 PM) *

Who was the overweight bum?
D Rock
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 25 2017, 08:40 PM) *

Blount was averaging 6 YPC. Sproles is old, NEVER had more than 6-10 touches a game in his career, and is most valuable in the passing game. Yup. DEFINATELY sub Sproles in for Blount. That makes perfect sense.

Thanks to dumbass bullshit like this, we no longer have Sproles.

I was down on Blount. But there is ZERO justification for giving Sproles reps in a game where Blount is chewing up yardage and pounding the defense.
Zero
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 25 2017, 05:57 PM) *
Blount was averaging 6 YPC. Sproles is old, NEVER had more than 6-10 touches a game in his career, and is most valuable in the passing game. Yup. DEFINATELY sub Sproles in for Blount. That makes perfect sense.

Thanks to dumbass bullshit like this, we no longer have Sproles.

I was down on Blount. But there is ZERO justification for giving Sproles reps in a game where Blount is chewing up yardage and pounding the defense.

Yes. Pederson was over thinking things. Being too cute.
Zero
Comeback?
Darren Sproles ✔@DarrenSproles
Thanks to everyone for all your continued prayers and well wishes! #TheComeBackWillBeReal #StayTuned
9:01 PM - Sep 25, 2017
JeeQ
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 25 2017, 10:51 AM) *

That's going to piss me off to no end this season whenever I think about it. Sproles career is probably over while we have a 6'0 250lbs back chilling on the bench.

We lost an incredible playmaker.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 26 2017, 09:11 AM) *
That's going to piss me off to no end this season whenever I think about it. Sproles career is probably over while we have a 6'0 250lbs back chilling on the bench.

We lost an incredible playmaker.

Let me get this straight. You're upset our "incredible playmaker" got injured while being used to make incredible plays, when instead we should have been using the guy "chilling on the bench", who isn't as incredible of a playmaker as the guy that was on the field?
JeeQ
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 26 2017, 09:20 AM) *
Let me get this straight. You're upset our "incredible playmaker" got injured while being used to make incredible plays, when instead we should have been using the guy "chilling on the bench", who isn't as incredible of a playmaker as the guy that was on the field?

You're not that stupid; you know exactly what I mean.

Sproles was a playmaker who filled a specific role; he was not an every-down back. Now we're left with a hole there. We had 4 RBs active that day and the guy chilling on the bench was averaging 6 YPC. Now we're having to use Smith as a returner who hasn't done it since High School instead of our All-Pro.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 26 2017, 01:18 PM) *
You're not that stupid; you know exactly what I mean.

Sproles was a playmaker who filled a specific role; he was not an every-down back. Now we're left with a hole there. We had 4 RBs active that day and the guy chilling on the bench was averaging 6 YPC. Now we're having to use Smith as a returner who hasn't done it since High School instead of our All-Pro.

It was his third touch of the day. He had two touches in the first quarter. Hardly a workmanlike effort.
Birdman420
We can't point fingers on injuries, they happen and it's a fact of the game. If Pedey had put sproles in a terrible position and he had gotten hurt then there might be something to be said, but this isn't the case.
nephillymike
A top ten all time Eagle favorite of mine.

I'd love to see him healthy and back next year.

Someone said he is the ONLY offensive player opposing teams specifically game plan to stop.
Joegrane
Can someone recover from an ACL in less than a year?

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 26 2017, 07:34 PM) *
A top ten all time Eagle favorite of mine.

I'd love to see him healthy and back next year.

Someone said he is the ONLY offensive player opposing teams specifically game plan to stop.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Joegrane @ Sep 26 2017, 11:00 PM) *
Can someone recover from an ACL in less than a year?

It happens all the time. Guys get injured late in the season and come back at the beginning of the following.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 26 2017, 05:20 PM) *

He was averaging 6 yards a carry.
D Rock
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Sep 26 2017, 09:33 PM) *
We can't point fingers on injuries, they happen and it's a fact of the game. If Pedey had put sproles in a terrible position and he had gotten hurt then there might be something to be said, but this isn't the case.

He DID put him in a terrible position. The guys game is getting touches in the open field, flats, draws, screens. You wanna run a stretch left? Why not use the 250 lbs guy who is averaging 6 yards a carry, and save the diminutive 34 y/o specialty back for a more appropriate scenario?

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 26 2017, 11:52 PM) *
He was averaging 6 yards a carry.

This has nothing to do with Blount and everything to do with Sproles. It was his third touch of the game. You act like he’s never taken a handoff before. Are you implying a stretch play isn’t appropriate for a smaller back?

Injuries happen.
Phits
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 27 2017, 12:56 AM) *
He DID put him in a terrible position. The guys game is getting touches in the open field, flats, draws, screens. You wanna run a stretch left? Why not use the 250 lbs guy who is averaging 6 yards a carry, and save the diminutive 34 y/o specialty back for a more appropriate scenario?

He's a football player. They get hurt. If you're worried about a diminutive back getting hurt by doing the things he has made a career doing .... you should just cut him.
D Rock
Yeah yeah, I get it.

But you can’t deny the inherent value of “staying with the hot hand” in maintaining “momentum.”

My greater point is that sort of nuance seems to be beyond the current skill set of our coach.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 27 2017, 10:40 AM) *
Yeah yeah, I get it.

But you can’t deny the inherent value of “staying with the hot hand” in maintaining “momentum.”

My greater point is that sort of nuance seems to be beyond the current skill set of our coach.

Sproles had a 2 carries for 12 yards in the first quarter. That sounds hot as fuck based on your 6ypc standard.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 27 2017, 05:50 PM) *
Sproles had a 2 carries for 12 yards in the first quarter. That sounds hot as fuck based on your 6ypc standard.

Wasted touches when the 250 work horse is duplicating the production... and punishing the defense in the process.

Joegrane
"Punishing the defense" is good but getting the ball into the hands of a guy who can take it to the house is good too. I like it that Pederson divies up the touches. It keeps everyone involved and invested.

QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 27 2017, 01:24 PM) *
Wasted touches when the 250 work horse is duplicating the production... and punishing the defense in the process.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.