Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I actually like hw this game played out...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
they made plays when they had to, not only coming back to tie it, but squeaking out that last second win, which was even bigger. They did not quit, did not just play for the tie, but actually made a last ditch effort to get that winning field goal. It shows that these guys have a lot of character and determination, qualities needed as the season grinds onward. Really good win in my book.
Zero
Excellent for a young team looking for an identity.
Pila
Convention be damned, live or die by the sword.

The 4th n'8 was just plain stupid though.
Rick
I think most of us knew this wouldn't be an easy game. Certainly, if they had lost, this could have been devastating to the team. As it played out, this could actually help propel the team to greater heights. Was great to see the rookie kick the 61 yarder. Watched WAY too many of those get kicked AGAINST us over the years. Nice to finally get one on the good side...
Zero
QUOTE (Rick @ Sep 24 2017, 06:56 PM) *
I think most of us knew this wouldn't be an easy game. Certainly, if they had lost, this could have been devastating to the team. As it played out, this could actually help propel the team to greater heights. Was great to see the rookie kick the 61 yarder. Watched WAY too many of those get kicked AGAINST us over the years. Nice to finally get one on the good side...

Also nice to see Wentz rally the offense and lead them to a come-from-behind, last second win. People who wanted to see that last year don't seem to be giving him credit for doing it today.
Rick
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 24 2017, 06:57 PM) *
Also nice to see Wentz rally the offense and lead them to a come-from-behind, last second win. People who wanted to see that last year don't seem to be giving him credit for doing it today.

I agree. I was saying that while it was going on. Good to see him get it. He is growing right before our eyes. Still having some growing pains and he still needs to work on some things but I really believe he's gonna be special as long as they keep a team around him.
nephillymike
The one thing this does is gives the team the confidence, with Wiz at guard, that it can run the ball.

That should open up possibilities for better play calling and give the opposition more to worry about!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.