Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
IAFAN
First time on the site and the game this weekend vs the Giants will be our first time in Philadelphia and first ever NFL game. We are from Iowa and cannot wait to get out there. I wasn't sure where to put this topic so hopefully you can help me out.

Just wanted a little info on where to possibly park or if we should take a cab or something from our hotel to the game. We are staying near the airport and will be in no hurry to leave the stadium area after the game and will probably want to go a few hours early to walk around and get a feel for the area before the game.

Also, what are some things we can do in our free time on Friday and Saturday since we have no plans. Actually, we are big Iowa Hawkeye fans so will be watching the Penn St vs Iowa game Saturday night (good week to visit Pennsylvania ha). I know Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell are things we should probably see but what are some interesting or different things to do around the city? Also, what are some good places to eat? Obviously want to find the best Philly Cheese Steak, but what about other good places the city has to offer.

Thanks for any help
Eyrie
Welcome a-board!

I'll leave the locals to help out with suggestions though.
Zero
If you're not familiar with the city take Uber or a cab to your hotel and to the game. For cheese steaks, out-of-towners will normally go to either Pat's or Geno's because they're the "place to go" but I suggest you figure out how to order because they can be kind of like the Soup Nazi. Get to the first window at Pat's and just say "wiz wit" and order drinks and fries from the second window. Otherwise take a cab to South Street and go to Jims. South Street is a carnival any way. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.