Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wentz will become a stud QB
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
The kid makes mistakes, but I have yet to see them affect subsequent play, he just dusts himself off and plays just as hard. Nitpicking about his accuracy in the pocket, long balls, and tipped passes are partially on him, but I think as he logs more game time he will improve. Already seeing improvement over last year and this year's O is still being called by Doug. They need to start running better (Dump Seamolu and insert Wiz at LG) and that will help the WRs get open, and with a guy like Blount, you can't give him the rock every once in a while. Last week, when I made the Blount post, they were feeding him early and starting to get results. But then Peters goes out and they hung it up, if you use him sparingly he won't get results. I say feed him early and often next week and see if he can build up a head of steam as the game progresses.
Zero
Agree on Wentz, but I'm not sure about Blount being the primary back. He just looks slow and indecisive to me.
Rick
The more I'm seeing of Wentz this season the more I'm convinced he'll be a star if they can keep a team around him and he stays healthy. He's obviously made great strides from last season. His footwork is much better, his release is a bit faster (although still a bit slow at times). They need to figure out why he keeps getting balls batted at the LOS. And he really needs to work on those screen passes.

I'd also like to see him tuck the ball and run a little more. But I like what I'm seeing.

Also loving what I'm seeing from the receivers. These guys actually try to catch the ball and get open.
Pila
Wentz was pretty fantastic. His short, soft throws are incredibly bad though. Those soft passes behind the line of scrimmage are painful to watch. I don't think his twitch muscle likes the lower gears much.
Rick
QUOTE (Pila @ Sep 18 2017, 06:18 PM) *
Wentz was pretty fantastic. His short, soft throws are incredibly bad though. Those soft passes behind the line of scrimmage are painful to watch. I don't think his twitch muscle likes the lower gears much.

I agree. He needs to learn some touch. But I feel he'll get better at this even if he never, "masters," it.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 18 2017, 05:44 AM) *
but I'm not sure about Blount being the primary back. He just looks slow and indecisive to me.

How can you tell. I don't think he even got any carries yesterday.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 18 2017, 07:16 PM) *

Why do you think that is?
Zero
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 18 2017, 08:16 PM) *

From the Washington game and camp.
SAM I Am
FWIW:

He was the leading rusher against Washington last week.

STATS
ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD
14 46 3.3 7 0 1

Granted, not eye-popping numbers, but...

I guess they shouldn't have wasted a roster spot on him, huh?
The Franchise
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 19 2017, 05:14 PM) *
FWIW:

He was the leading rusher against Washington last week.

STATS
ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD
14 46 3.3 7 0 1

Granted, not eye-popping numbers, but...

I guess they shouldn't have wasted a roster spot on him, huh?

Scores 18 touchdowns.

Signed for cheap, after given an offer by Pats.

Has below average first game.

6 snaps second game.

HE'S FINISHED LOLOL1!!1!

rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.